Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Lenovo Canada

Lenovo X1 Carbon 7th i5 10210U 8gb Ram 256GB SSD 3yr $1001.28 STDNT/EBATES YMMV UPDATED

May 2, 2007
406 posts
547 upvotes
YVR

[Lenovo Canada] Lenovo X1 Carbon 7th i5 10210U 8gb Ram 256GB SSD 3yr $1001.28 STDNT/EBATES YMMV UPDATED

Model No. 20R10010US

X1 Carbon 7th Gen
i5 10210U
8GB Ram
256 GB SSD
3 Year Depot Warranty

$1195.00 Less 8 % Student/Military = $1100.31 Plus tax

Ebates is currently 9%. So less $99.03

After ebates rebate price is $1001.28

I realize that it is only 8gb and that it can't be increased. 3 Year warranty included though.

YMMV as you need the student/military to get it to this price.
Last edited by kenchar on Aug 7th, 2020 3:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.
23 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2011
2022 posts
8939 upvotes
Wish they made AMD variants of their X1 Carbon lineups
how do i remove my signature?
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2007
1172 posts
637 upvotes
Toronto
8Gb is not very future proof.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
7312 posts
1672 upvotes
Toronto
8GB is enough for windows xp.
I workout to get big so I can pickup bricks and ****.
Deal Expert
Jun 27, 2004
15218 posts
4405 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
8GB is more than some people's brain capacity.
Aug 2, 2020
42 posts
17 upvotes
How different is this Lenovo laptop from the ACER Aspire 5? There's one on Amazon with similar specs:

https://www.amazon.ca/Acer-i5-10210U-80 ... B07XPLKZ5P

Acer Aspire 5 Slim Laptop, 15.6" Full HD IPS Display, 10th Gen Intel Core i5-10210U, 8GB DDR4, 256GB PCIe NVMe SSD, Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX201 802.11ax, Fingerprint Reader, Backlit KB, A515-54-59W2, Silver

$704.48 right now with free shipping
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2005
3663 posts
1174 upvotes
Mars
i have seen in last 6 months, x1 gen 7 suffers from ssd failure, power problem to system board problems in various forums. I myself had a very sad experience with x1 e1 gen 1 last year, and the customer service suck big time. I would stay away from X series. if i buy lenovo, i will stick with T.

given the specs and brand name, this price is a solid deal though.
Apr 1, 2009
146 posts
120 upvotes
Terrace
If it had AMD, I'd consider recommending it. Intel just doesn't compare to Ryzen's offerings and price.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2007
2918 posts
3135 upvotes
Markham
forgetpwd wrote: i have seen in last 6 months, x1 gen 7 suffers from ssd failure, power problem to system board problems in various forums. I myself had a very sad experience with x1 e1 gen 1 last year, and the customer service suck big time. I would stay away from X series. if i buy lenovo, i will stick with T.

given the specs and brand name, this price is a solid deal though.
I would stay away from T490s or even T480s if i could. I've seen more failure rate with them than T470s at work. Specially the power adapter, power connectors on PC.
Also T490s changing Keyboard is a mission.
Last edited by kunamvahees on Aug 3rd, 2020 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
-------
Thank you
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2005
3663 posts
1174 upvotes
Mars
kunamvahees wrote: I would stay away from T490s or even T480s if i could. I've seen more failure rate with them than T479s at work. Specially the power adapter, power connectors on PC.
Also T490s changing Keyboard is a mission.
this leaves me not much choice then. except mbp, in my next laptop. Disappointed But Relieved Face miss the good old days, my T60 still running perfect after I stick 4G ram in it and installed Ubuntu. everything seems going south these days.
Dec 14, 2013
188 posts
302 upvotes
AJAX
forgetpwd wrote: this leaves me not much choice then. except mbp, in my next laptop. Disappointed But Relieved Face miss the good old days, my T60 still running perfect after I stick 4G ram in it and installed Ubuntu. everything seems going south these days.
My T60, T61, and T61p all still work perfectly.
Jun 2, 2005
279 posts
111 upvotes
How do you get the student discount?
Jun 2, 2005
279 posts
111 upvotes
LD500 wrote: Understood. How do you get the discount online?
Found it. At CART checkout there is a prompt for Student/Military. Hope it works where I pay but my child is qualified for the discount.
Deal Expert
Jun 27, 2004
15218 posts
4405 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
forgetpwd wrote: this leaves me not much choice then. except mbp, in my next laptop.
Good joke. Be sure not to watch Louis Rossman's YouTube videos, so as not to dissuade you from buying a Mac :D .

But check out Apple's wireless heat pipe technology :D.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2005
3663 posts
1174 upvotes
Mars
rabbit wrote: Good joke. Be sure not to watch Louis Rossman's YouTube videos, so as not to dissuade you from buying a Mac :D .

But check out Apple's wireless heat pipe technology :D.
then heck, what else, dell? asus? acer? man, this is really going downhill. Smiling Face With Open Mouth or maybe a Huawei, heard Matebook is not bad. Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Dec 22, 2017
719 posts
1239 upvotes
forgetpwd wrote:
then heck, what else, dell? asus? acer? man, this is really going downhill. Smiling Face With Open Mouth or maybe a Huawei, heard Matebook is not bad. Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Honestly, I would personally look at T series myself; and pick up a one year on site warranty just in case. Most manufacturering issue will show up in one year. I am on my T480 for two years and had no issues. I know the T480 had the Thunderbolt port malfunction issue but Lenovo has released a patch for that. Just like most other products, the faults can be exaggerated.

My mother has a x1 yoga gen 3 which is also functioning fine.

The thing with laptops is that all will eventually develop hardware problems but it is a matter of how easy it is to be opened and fixed when it happens. Thinkpads have been pretty strong in this regard. Whichever laptop you choose, make sure to look at disassembly videos and check the repairability first. So avoid shit like the Surface laptops.

Another thing is thinner laptops without strong cooling have less thermal room inside for cooling which shortens life of the product and make the CPU throttle. Macbooks are known to run hot not just because of the thinness but also because of Apple's software focused on running quiet over running cool.
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2011
2074 posts
1599 upvotes
Vancouver
forgetpwd wrote: then heck, what else, dell? asus? acer? man, this is really going downhill. Smiling Face With Open Mouth or maybe a Huawei, heard Matebook is not bad. Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Just get onsite warranty and your chances of bad service go way down
I have a x1c6 and enjoy it

It's hard to get away from lenovo if you want something that lasts long, especially since MBP has fallen out of the recommendation list for many
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2005
3663 posts
1174 upvotes
Mars
GeneralAkbar wrote: Honestly, I would personally look at T series myself; and pick up a one year on site warranty just in case. Most manufacturering issue will show up in one year. I am on my T480 for two years and had no issues. I know the T480 had the Thunderbolt port malfunction issue but Lenovo has released a patch for that. Just like most other products, the faults can be exaggerated.

My mother has a x1 yoga gen 3 which is also functioning fine.

The thing with laptops is that all will eventually develop hardware problems but it is a matter of how easy it is to be opened and fixed when it happens. Thinkpads have been pretty strong in this regard. Whichever laptop you choose, make sure to look at disassembly videos and check the repairability first. So avoid shit like the Surface laptops.

Another thing is thinner laptops without strong cooling have less thermal room inside for cooling which shortens life of the product and make the CPU throttle. Macbooks are known to run hot not just because of the thinness but also because of Apple's software focused on running quiet over running cool.
but x1 carbon has almost everything soldered on mb, if anything on mb goes wrong after warranty, then pretty much you are screwed. you are right, there is definitely a trade-off between thinness/weight and quality/easiness of fixing it.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)