Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals 2019

[Lenovo Canada] Lenovo Y540 (15") Gaming Laptop with Nvidia RTX 2060 - $ 1018 + tax

Nov 28, 2019
12 posts
5 upvotes
forgetpwd wrote: any other coupon code for t, x or can you use this Legion coupon code also for desktop?
Don't think coupons stack on Lenovo site. Also Thinkpad E/T/X models have preapplied 50% codes that keep getting renamed this week. THINKSGIVINGS -> THINKCYBER
Nov 6, 2016
947 posts
910 upvotes
Sigh, I need to leave before I actually buy this. My ASUS Tuf is still... tuf and plays what I need it to. It's hard to justify 3x the price even though this looks like a beautiful build for what would be ~$1600 after Rakuten for a Y740 2070 MaxQ i7 Gsync system.

Nice find OP but I think I'll put this ASUS through a few more laps. I imagine the Legion would perform much faster at video editing with that 2070MaxQ though.

Legion Y740-15IRHg
Part Number: 81UHCTO1WW
Configuration Details
Processor : Intel Core i7-9750H (2.60GHz, up to 4.50GHz with Turbo Boost, 6 Cores, 12MB Cache)
Operating System : Windows 10 Pro 64
Total Memory : 8GB DDR4 2666MHz
Second Hard Drive : 256GB Solid State Drive, M.2, PCIe-NVMe
Display : 15.6" FHD (1920 x 1080) NVIDIA® G-SYNC, 144 Hz, 500 nits, software enabled Dolby Vision HDR400
Graphic Card : NVIDIA® GeForce® RTX™ 2070 with Max-Q 8 GB
Sep 24, 2017
130 posts
78 upvotes
Vancouver
Ozonated wrote: I bought the Lenovo, Y540, 15 81SY00D4US when it was on sale for $899.99. After buying protection and office, cost was just around $1200.
Is this a much better option? Should i return it and try for this instead? I havent received it yet.
I mostly need it for work, but would love the option to play some minor games (sims 3 and sims 4)
I also hate the sound of laptop fans running constantly... Recommendations?
I havent had a laptop in years so I am very out of loop on what is best deal here.
Thank you
I also bought the 81sy00d4us but I didn't buy both protection and office. After BC taxes, it came to $1008. The laptop is really good in gaming from the web reviews. I also cannot stand sharp, sudden, and loud noises which distract me. I have a pair of noise cancelling headphones to cover these, including the sounds of fans.

Both OP y540 and the y740 are good too but 81sy00d4us does all I need for a few years. Don't forget to use the RBC offer (from their RBC online account website; navigate to "your offer") to load up the offer and visits the microsoft store to get $100.
Last edited by NetPython on Dec 2nd, 2019 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jan 5, 2018
19 posts
4 upvotes
Elrondolio wrote: Good find OP! You can get the original config you quoted (with RTX 2060 and i5) down to $1,012.82 using Lenovo SMB Pro after rebate.

If you use the Lenovo SMB Pro site via Rakuten you can get an even better deal with the same 9% cashback. Here's a pretty great config with i7-9750H, RTX 2060, 144Hz screen and Windows 10 Pro for $1,294.99 - $116.55 Rakuten = $1,178.44 + tax using SAVE30. I'd recommend purchasing the 8GB memory and 256GB SSD config as you'll want to user upgrade these components for cheaper and better quality than Lenovo can provide for.
*Note: when you configure, Windows 10 Pro is a $0 upgrade

Processor : Intel Core i7-9750H (2.60GHz, up to 4.50GHz with Turbo Boost, 6 cores, 12MB Cache)
Operating System : Windows 10 Pro 64
Preload Language : Windows 10 Pro 64 English
Microsoft Office : None
Total Memory : 8GB DDR4 2666MHz
First Hard Drive : 1TB Hard Disk Drive, 7200rpm
Second Hard Drive : 256GB Solid State Drive, M.2, PCIe-NVMe
Display : 15.6" FHD (1920 x 1080) 300 nits, IPS, anti-glare, 144Hz
Graphic Card : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 6GB
Color : Black
Keyboard : Backlit Keyboard - US English
Camera : 720p HD camera with microphone
Surface Treatment : Texture Painting
Chipset : HM370
Palmrest : PC/ABS
Battery : 3 Cell Li-Polymer, 57Wh
Power Adapter : 230W AC Adapter (3pin)-US
WiFi Wireless LAN Adapters : 802.11 AC (2 x 2) & Bluetooth® 4.1
Language Pack : Publication-English
Warranty : 1 Year Depot or Carry-in
I used this specs.

A little more than i needed but i couldn't resist lol.

Lenovo tend to last longer so its pretty nice.
NOT A WOMAN. JUST GOT A WEIRD NAME. I AM A MAN. THANKS.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2011
2526 posts
1070 upvotes
sucks you can't get the price down to $899 level like the MS deal was, I don't think I really need these specs
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2005
2555 posts
518 upvotes
Toronto
saproling wrote: Don't think coupons stack on Lenovo site. Also Thinkpad E/T/X models have preapplied 50% codes that keep getting renamed this week. THINKSGIVINGS -> THINKCYBER
seems no one talks about t/x deal this year, guess no good deal?
Dec 16, 2006
92 posts
31 upvotes
Elrondolio wrote: They don't verify company info so you can use anything you'd like, such as "Umlowcn Ltd", etc
Silly question but does the Lenovo Pro email address and address on file with Rakuten have to match to get the 9%? I used a business email for Lenovo Pro, however, my Rakuten is a personal email.
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2005
4481 posts
1181 upvotes
Kitchener
I hope Rakuten comes through with the rebate because sometimes they claw it back if you use coupons not listed on their site.

I couldn't online cancel my previous order for some reason. Will have to call tomorrow.

Please post deals for 8gb sodimm if anyone sees any, thanks.
This space is intentionally left blank.
Oct 17, 2006
595 posts
286 upvotes
Toronto
Thundercloud wrote: I hope Rakuten comes through with the rebate because sometimes they claw it back if you use coupons not listed on their site.

I couldn't online cancel my previous order for some reason. Will have to call tomorrow.

Please post deals for 8gb sodimm if anyone sees any, thanks.
Yea that makes me nervous, it seems that you may have to use the Cyber Monday codes for the cash back?

Special Conditions
Use of coupon/promotional codes not listed on Rakuten may void Cash Back. Cash Back is not available on gift cards, e-gift cards, Lenovo Outlet items, Motorola products, orders deemed by Lenovo to be for reselling purposes and Solutions sub-sites including;

Earn Cash Back on Lenovo SMB Pro Cyber Monday promos and Lenovo SMB Pro Cyber Monday Deals.
[OP]
Apr 8, 2018
31 posts
51 upvotes
statick wrote: Yea that makes me nervous, it seems that you may have to use the Cyber Monday codes for the cash back?

Special Conditions
Use of coupon/promotional codes not listed on Rakuten may void Cash Back. Cash Back is not available on gift cards, e-gift cards, Lenovo Outlet items, Motorola products, orders deemed by Lenovo to be for reselling purposes and Solutions sub-sites including;

Earn Cash Back on Lenovo SMB Pro Cyber Monday promos and Lenovo SMB Pro Cyber Monday Deals.
I am not sure if there will be any clawback or not but I do see the cashback from my Lenovo laptop purchase currently in my Rakuten account.
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2011
1637 posts
319 upvotes
Toronto
NickVictoriaBC wrote: I am not sure if there will be any clawback or not but I do see the cashback from my Lenovo laptop purchase currently in my Rakuten account.
Interesting. I was told by Rakuten that it won't appear until they get confirmation that the order has been shipped.
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2015
1688 posts
1732 upvotes
Toronto
svcbn wrote: Silly question but does the Lenovo Pro email address and address on file with Rakuten have to match to get the 9%? I used a business email for Lenovo Pro, however, my Rakuten is a personal email.
pretty sure it doesn't matter. I have made eBay and Amazon accounts with fake names (to get extra coupons) and Ebates has still added the cashback.
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2005
4481 posts
1181 upvotes
Kitchener
After researching your order, it has been determined that it was not credited to Rakuten due to the use of a particular coupon code. As a result, Cash Back cannot be awarded for this purchase. While most coupon codes will not have any conditions on Cash Back, there are occasionally a few that don't.

Also, please note that the net purchase amount that Cash Back is applied to excludes taxes, fees, shipping, gift-wrapping, discounts or credits, returns or cancellations, and extended warranties.
This space is intentionally left blank.
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2005
1042 posts
76 upvotes
GTA
statick wrote: Yea that makes me nervous, it seems that you may have to use the Cyber Monday codes for the cash back?

Special Conditions

My rakuten rebate went through as I can see it on the "Cash back activity", $116.55 ($1,294.99 x 9%) Smiling Face With Open Mouth