[Lenovo Canada] Lenovo Y740 with rtx 2060 for under $2,000
- 15% off
- Lenovo Canada
I've been seeing a lot of laptop deals lately for systems with the gtx 1050 ti and 1060. Prices range from 1200 up to $2000.
I wanted to wait before posting this deal until I had a chance to test the system. Last weekend I purchased a brand new Y740 15 inch with the following specs for around $1980 plus tax. I could have purchase the same laptop with reduced specs for as low as $1920. Retails for around 2200 to 2300. This laptop just came out, there's not even any product reviews or benchmarks which made it a slightly risky buy.
Part No: 81HE0000US
● Processor: Intel Core i7-8750H 6 Core (2.20GHz, up to 4.10GHz with Turbo Boost, 9MB Cache)
● Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64
● Display Type: 15.6" FHD (1920 x 1080) NVIDIA® G-SYNC, 144 Hz, 300 nits, software enabled Dolby Vision HDR
● Memory: 16GB (8GB + 8GB) DDR4 2666MHz
● Hard Drive: 512GB Solid State Drive PCIe NVMe
● Warranty: 1 Year Depot or Carry-in
● Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® RTX 2060 6GB
● Keyboard: Backlit RGB Keyboard - US English
● Wireless: Killer Wireless 802.11 AC (2 x 2) + Bluetooth 4.1
Also got the 2 year accidental damage waranty for about $100 extra.
The deal is on the EPP Lenovo Canada site. It was the same for all three Lenovo EPP sites (just google on reddit for the password).
I've had 3 days with it and I have to say it's absolutely amazing. Shadow of Tomb Raider was running at max settings with no fps drops. It's sleek, professional looking, small, light, powerful... love it. Only gripe is there's some light bleed in the bottom left corner thats only visible when blacks being displayed. My previous system was a GT70 with i7 4800, 16gig ddr3 1600MHz ram, gtx 870 as a reference and this is a significant upgrade.
The Y740 is currently out of stock on all Lenovo websites but they did that at the same time on all sites so either they accidentally started selling it, there's an issue with the product, or they just ran out. Either way I'm sure it will come back in stock soon.
Visually I read it's very close to the 730 with internal tweaks to improve air flow and thermals.
All in all you save around $300 off a brand new laptop with a rtx 2060 which no big box store is even selling in Canada.
Reason: Title edit