• Last Updated:
  • Dec 17th, 2018 9:27 am
Deal Addict
Oct 6, 2014
1087 posts
62 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Anyone got their shipment yet?

If so, how's the laptop? Any issue with the screen?
Jun 4, 2007
414 posts
158 upvotes
Toronto
Got yesterday...no issues with screen...looks totally normal...ill keep on for a day or two and check again....and also fold it over aLOT so that it stresses the internal ribbon cable....last I read on Reddit was that Lenovo finally address the weak cable and replaced it in the newest batch...so fingers crossed.
Deal Addict
Oct 6, 2014
1087 posts
62 upvotes
Toronto, ON
g00f wrote:
Dec 6th, 2018 2:39 pm
Got yesterday...no issues with screen...looks totally normal...ill keep on for a day or two and check again....and also fold it over aLOT so that it stresses the internal ribbon cable....last I read on Reddit was that Lenovo finally address the weak cable and replaced it in the newest batch...so fingers crossed.
Oh that's great news. So the screen issue is due to the weak cable?
[OP]
Jul 19, 2011
37 posts
43 upvotes
CALGARY
So unfortunately, right from the get go, I had wifi issues with my unit.

Was 20min in to setting up Windows/removing bloatware and the wifi randomly disconnects or it says connected but "cannot access internet". Read up about the issue and apparently it's common with the shitty Realtek wifi adapter it has. People recommend sending it in for repair and they may switch it to an Intel adapter. I tried troubleshooting it, reinstalling windows completely, but it still persisted.

Not worth the hassle, will be return my unit. Thanks for nothing Lenovo, thought you were a reliable brand...I think I'll just get a Surface if there are any deals on Boxing Day.
May 28, 2017
22 posts
14 upvotes
Received it a week ago, and my partner has been having tons of fun with it ever since! Zero complaints. Thank you so much OP and RFD!
Deal Addict
Oct 6, 2014
1087 posts
62 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I finally received my 730 today, everything looks good but the fan is SUPER LOUD. Constantly running. Anyone experiencing this?
Aug 11, 2014
28 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I recieved mine yesterday and having hard time staying connected to the Wifi connection. My other devices are connected to the same router without any issues. I will definitely be returning it.
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2005
1963 posts
1643 upvotes
I have been using mine for the past 10 days, with zero problems. Wifi is rock solid and no screen flickering.

@letmesee: to reduce the need for the fans to kick in, try undervolting. I used Throttlestop to undervolt my i7 CPU by 115mV, and it is running much cooler now, with less need for fans to spin up (while still being rock stable).