Expired Hot Deals

[Lenovo Canada] ThinkBook 13s Gen 2 (13”) AMD (AMD Ryzen 7 4800U / 16GB RAM / 512GB PCIe SSD) - $868.05 with Perkopolis (OOS again)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 17th, 2021 12:10 pm
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2004
11531 posts
8368 upvotes
Oil Country

[Lenovo Canada] ThinkBook 13s Gen 2 (13”) AMD (AMD Ryzen 7 4800U / 16GB RAM / 512GB PCIe SSD) - $868.05 with Perkopolis (OOS again)

Just noticed this laptop was back in stock at Lenovo if you use the Perkopolis link. The new Perkopolis passcode is MEMPksGLd. Rakuten cash back dropped to 7% today.

*EDIT

They appear to be OOS again. They must've had a small batch available for sale, because I was able to order one.

Last edited by fudge_u on Feb 16th, 2021 11:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Retail is for suckers."
- the K-Man
18 replies
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2004
11531 posts
8368 upvotes
Oil Country
acpartin wrote: Adds to cart but OOS after
Well that sucks. I just ordered one 20 minutes ago. They must've had a small batch available for sale.
"Retail is for suckers."
- the K-Man
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2009
5571 posts
2154 upvotes
Debtario
Just a friendly reminder that Rakuten cashback is very YMMV with perkopolis and lenovo
"I possess a device, in my pocket, capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers"
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2004
11531 posts
8368 upvotes
Oil Country
M1K3Z0R wrote: Just a friendly reminder that Rakuten cashback is very YMMV with perkopolis and lenovo
Agreed... if you use the browser extension, there's a chance you can get it to work.
"Retail is for suckers."
- the K-Man
Dec 15, 2017
320 posts
327 upvotes
Calgary
fudge_u wrote: Agreed... if you use the browser extension, there's a chance you can get it to work.
Great signature man. Glad I'm not the only one lol
Telus EPP: 20GB/$50
"Retail is for suckers" - Cosmo Kramer
Sep 21, 2019
8 posts
I was able to get one a week ago and I love it! My only complaint is that the track pad doesn't feel smooth at all :(
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2004
11531 posts
8368 upvotes
Oil Country
leiichann wrote: I was able to get one a week ago and I love it! My only complaint is that the track pad doesn't feel smooth at all :(
Great... was worried there'd be something I might not like. I'm so used to my MacBook trackpad. Unfortunately no Windows laptop I've tried even comes close to it.
"Retail is for suckers."
- the K-Man
Sep 21, 2019
8 posts
fudge_u wrote: Great... was worried there'd be something I might not like. I'm so used to my MacBook trackpad. Unfortunately no Windows laptop I've tried even comes close to it.
It's even worse than my previous windows laptop so I'm stuck with using a mouse. Now I gotta look for a good mouse to go on sale haha
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2004
11531 posts
8368 upvotes
Oil Country
leiichann wrote: It's even worse than my previous windows laptop so I'm stuck with using a mouse. Now I gotta look for a good mouse to go on sale haha
I bought the Logitech Triathlon mouse a while back, and it can be paired with three different machines. It easily switches between them with the click of a button.
"Retail is for suckers."
- the K-Man
Nov 9, 2002
568 posts
246 upvotes
Debating canceling my gen2 think book from this thread

lenovo-canada-thinkbook-13s-gen-2-13-c- ... n-2445653/

I know they are different beasts.... 13",non touch vs 14" touch aside, how do they compare?
Portability/Battery life and screen quality are high on my list.
Then you have premium build, "power", video editing, I'm big on thinkpad quality keyboards etc. Would normally buy both, and return the one I don't want... But two G5 gamers and a Gen 2 think book already coming.... Argggghh
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2004
11531 posts
8368 upvotes
Oil Country
jtplayte wrote: Debating canceling my gen2 think book from this thread

I know they are different beasts.... 13",non touch vs 14" touch aside, how do they compare?
Then you have premium build, "power", video editing, I'm big on thinkpad quality keyboards etc. Would normally buy both, and return the one I don't want... But two G5 gamers and a Gen 2 think book already coming.... Argggghh
Wrong thread?
"Retail is for suckers."
- the K-Man
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2004
11531 posts
8368 upvotes
Oil Country
jtplayte wrote: Debating canceling my gen2 think book from this thread

If you're talking about this thread, then the ThinkBook is better. Better CPU, better GPU, more RAM, faster RAM, better screen resolution, and Windows 10 Pro. Maybe it's just me, but I think touchscreens are overrated. I have one on my Dell XPS and never really use it, so getting a non-touchscreen was a no brainer.

The only benefit of getting the Yoga is the slightly bigger screen, touchscreen, tablet mode, and more ports/connectors.

https://laptopmedia.com/comparisons/int ... 5w-battle/
"Retail is for suckers."
- the K-Man
Nov 9, 2002
568 posts
246 upvotes
Whoops... Accidentally posted in wrong thread.... But you nailed it. That was my thinking too.... I would use touch screen for screen casting, marking, tutorials etc... But I figure my S6 lite that finally shipped can take care of that.... And with super display app, I can turn it into a touch screen drawing tablet for the thinkbook.... Just gotta wait until the first week of March... But Microsoft Deal S6 lite should be here tomorrow!

Thanks for your insight.... Was slipping into "can't let a great deal slip by" mode.... Lol.

Take Care.
Apr 17, 2016
338 posts
184 upvotes
Toronto
I ordered on Feb 10th and they are estimating that it will ship March 2, so they must be waiting for more stock to arrive.

For those who received it, is the AC power connected through the usb-c port? Did you order an ethernet adapter to hardwire router to? If power is connected to usb-c, I guess my best option would be usb-a to ethernet adapter?
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2020
2901 posts
2448 upvotes
Toronto
gfnstew wrote: I ordered on Feb 10th and they are estimating that it will ship March 2, so they must be waiting for more stock to arrive.

For those who received it, is the AC power connected through the usb-c port? Did you order an ethernet adapter to hardwire router to? If power is connected to usb-c, I guess my best option would be usb-a to ethernet adapter?
This laptop is shipped with a 65W USB-C AC adapter

You can use a powered USB-C hub that has ethernet

Lenovo Powered USB-C Travel Hub
https://www.lenovo.com/ca/en/accessorie ... 4X90S92381
  • One Cable, six options. Easily connect to an external 4K or 1080P display* with HDMI or VGA, wired RJ45 network, two USB-A devices, and USB-C power pass-through – all via a single USB-C cable that disappears inside the minimalistic design
  • Understated design, travel-ready. Wrap the cable in its groove and travel light and easy. Ready for everything, the travel hub provides Power to any fully functional USB-C Notebook with an additional 45W/65W USB-C power adapter
Apr 17, 2016
338 posts
184 upvotes
Toronto
Dhanushan wrote: This laptop is shipped with a 65W USB-C AC adapter

You can use a powered USB-C hub that has ethernet

Lenovo Powered USB-C Travel Hub
https://www.lenovo.com/ca/en/accessorie ... 4X90S92381
  • One Cable, six options. Easily connect to an external 4K or 1080P display* with HDMI or VGA, wired RJ45 network, two USB-A devices, and USB-C power pass-through – all via a single USB-C cable that disappears inside the minimalistic design
  • Understated design, travel-ready. Wrap the cable in its groove and travel light and easy. Ready for everything, the travel hub provides Power to any fully functional USB-C Notebook with an additional 45W/65W USB-C power adapter
Thanks for the info. The hub is a bit expensive for what I need. I will try out wifi first, but I have my whole house wired with ethernet so I might look into a cheaper ethernet adapter.
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2020
2901 posts
2448 upvotes
Toronto
gfnstew wrote: Thanks for the info. The hub is a bit expensive for what I need. I will try out wifi first, but I have my whole house wired with ethernet so I might look into a cheaper ethernet adapter.
There are lower cost option with just ethernet and pass through charging

USB-C® to Ethernet Multiport Adapter with Power Delivery up to 60W - Black
Add a wired network connection using a USB Type-C port while simultaneously charging the device
https://www.amazon.ca/C2G-29479-Etherne ... B07B7P2JY5