Hot Deals

Lenovo Canada

ThinkBook 14p, 14" 2.2K, Ryzen 7 6800H/16GB/512GB, $885 after codes

[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2019
1716 posts
10703 upvotes

[Lenovo Canada] ThinkBook 14p, 14" 2.2K, Ryzen 7 6800H/16GB/512GB, $885 after codes

ThinkBook 14p, 14" 2.2K, Ryzen 7 6800H/16GB/512GB, $885 after codes

https://www.lenovo.com/ca/en/p/laptops/ ... jcto1wwca1

Customize CPU to 6800H. Changed codes to SUPERTHINKJAN and THINKWKNDCLEAR.

Display is decent: 14" 2.2K (2240 x 1400), IPS, Anti-Glare, Non-Touch, 100%sRGB, 300 nits, Narrow Bezel

Connectivity & Ports are excellent:
802.11AX (2 x 2), WiFi 6
Bluetooth® 5.1
USB-C 3.2 Gen 2
USB-C (full function, USB 4)
2 x USB-A 3.2 Gen 2 (1 x always on)
HDMI 2.0
MicroSD card reader
Headphone / mic combo

Rakuten cashback is 6% on Jan. 20.
122 replies
Newbie
Oct 19, 2007
50 posts
6 upvotes
Hi - Where do you find these Lenovo discount codes. e.g Superthinkjan
GTA
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 25, 2004
3911 posts
2639 upvotes
London
raaaaam wrote: Is the Ram upgradable?
says right on the specs 16 GB LPDDR5-6400MHz (Soldered)

so its soldered on to the motherboard. alot of these laptop companies these days are cheaping out and soldering ram on some do it with the ssd to. basically makes it so if anything fails and your out of warranty your def just going to toss it out since u would have to replace the whole board witch will cost as much as just buying a new system.
Deal Addict
Sep 25, 2009
1015 posts
855 upvotes
raaaaam wrote: Is the Ram upgradable?
no it is not, but it does allow u to choose 32GB soldered on which is rare
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2017
1257 posts
1508 upvotes
$838 with education discount. $934 with education discount and 32GB of ram.
Deal Addict
Sep 25, 2009
1015 posts
855 upvotes
thanks for the post!
i manage to get a price match request in for the one i ordered before and not yet shipped lol
Member
Nov 25, 2018
241 posts
155 upvotes
Shows 934 for me after applying codes and changing CPU?
Sr. Member
Oct 2, 2019
950 posts
877 upvotes
Nunavut
Good specs but these look plastic and ugly, hence the cheaper prices. Of course you won’t find these specs for cheaper, you won’t look cool as a student or a professional carrying these around.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 14, 2007
2189 posts
43 upvotes
Any thoughts on the lenovo thinkbook 13x ? It looks pretty sleek and for $1000 I am tempted expecially since dell xps and the likes cost more
Newbie
Mar 1, 2022
1 posts
Would you mind sharing about how to do that? I heard that requesting Lenovo to honor their price match policy is a huge pain in the arse.
Newbie
Aug 9, 2010
28 posts
7 upvotes
It is showing that delivery is in March. Is this normal nowadays?

" FREE Standard Delivery: Get it between Fri Mar 03 - Tue Mar 07" (shipping to Vancouver)
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2014
1074 posts
1392 upvotes
Okanagan, BC
tmuzyo wrote: Would you mind sharing about how to do that? I heard that requesting Lenovo to honor their price match policy is a huge pain in the arse.
Now that you mention it, I had submitted a price match request a month ago and don't think I've heard back yet.
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2014
1074 posts
1392 upvotes
Okanagan, BC
Kwirky wrote: These are metal chassis, not plastic.
Tbh, I think I'd prefer a plastic case. I got a thinkbook 13s last month (still haven't used it yet) and it's so pretty with the metal case, but I am terrified it's going to get scratched or otherwise damaged in my bag. I've never had a laptop with metal casing before.
Member
Feb 16, 2012
337 posts
486 upvotes
Vancouver
What are your opinions on this with the 32GB RAM, Ryzen™ 7 6800H Processor, and 1TB SSD upgrades vs this previous deal for ThinkPad P16s, Ryzen 7 6850U/32GB/1TB, 16.0" QHD+, $1064?

It seems that the 6800H has a slightly better passmark score than the 6850u: https://www.cpubenchmark.net/compare/AM ... 4749vs4826
There is also whether you prefer a 14" vs 16" screen and presumably lighter weight on the 14".
Also, from what I have read, the ThinkPad line is better than ThinkBook line of laptops.

Are there any other specs which make one computer better than the other? Obviously, the other deal is gone and this is available right now but I am trying to decide to see if I should hold out for a better deal or bite the bullet.

Also does anyone know if you can add additional SSDs or replace the one that comes with it in either of these two computers? Ideally by adding a second M2 SSD but if there is only one slot, would it be possible to get the 512GB version and then remove it and put in a 4TB?

Image
Member
Feb 28, 2021
444 posts
835 upvotes
taylour wrote: What are your opinions on this with the 32GB RAM, Ryzen™ 7 6800H Processor, and 1TB SSD upgrades vs this previous deal for ThinkPad P16s, Ryzen 7 6850U/32GB/1TB, 16.0" QHD+, $1064?

It seems that the 6800H has a slightly better passmark score than the 6850u: https://www.cpubenchmark.net/compare/AM ... 4749vs4826
There is also whether you prefer a 14" vs 16" screen and presumably lighter weight on the 14".
Also, from what I have read, the ThinkPad line is better than ThinkBook line of laptops.

Are there any other specs which make one computer better than the other? Obviously, the other deal is gone and this is available right now but I am trying to decide to see if I should hold out for a better deal or bite the bullet.

Also does anyone know if you can add additional SSDs or replace the one that comes with it in either of these two computers? Ideally by adding a second M2 SSD but if there is only one slot, would it be possible to get the 512GB version and then remove it and put in a 4TB?

Image

6800h is a 45 watt CPU. 6850u is a 14-22 watt CPU. This 6800h is much more powerful in real world usage. The m.2 slot takes standard 2280 size NVMe drives and s entirely upgradeable. It will support at LEAST 4gb.

Also, personally im finding thinkpads to be pretty crappy nowadays. Thinkbooks are solid as a rock. Its a good buy
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2007
2777 posts
6094 upvotes
Vancouver
Mephod wrote: It will support at LEAST 4gb.

Also, personally im finding thinkpads to be pretty crappy nowadays. Thinkbooks are solid as a rock. Its a good buy
Im pretty sure any modern laptop within the last 10 years supports at least 4gb drive

Do tell why you think a thinkbook is superior to a thinkpad
Deal Addict
Sep 18, 2021
1293 posts
494 upvotes
Is there one with OLED and touchscreen?

Top

Thread Information

There are currently 4 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 4 guests)