Hot Deals

Lenovo Canada

ThinkBook 14p, 14" 2.2K, Ryzen 7 6800H/16GB/512GB, $885 after codes

Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2007
2794 posts
6110 upvotes
Vancouver
T480s is silent when doing all normal tasks except for stuff like rendering and video gaming. Like the fan isn't even on. And when it is, it's barely audible compared to any modern gaming laptop for example.

Not sure what fan noise you're talking about

magnesium chassis vice AL on this thinkbook

That thinkpad Z looks effing great though
Jan 5, 2012
132 posts
112 upvotes
danascully wrote: I said t480s

not t480, might need some reading glasses
Lol, so I use a T480s for work. I love it for its performance and it's a tank (in a good way), but "cool" is absolutely the last word I would ever use to describe it. Definitely on the fugly end of the spectrum. No one's buying one of these hoping to look stylish...
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2004
4615 posts
2075 upvotes
Toronto
zordonlx wrote: Lol, so I use a T480s for work. I love it for its performance and it's a tank (in a good way), but "cool" is absolutely the last word I would ever use to describe it. Definitely on the fugly end of the spectrum. No one's buying one of these hoping to look stylish...
There are different kinds of cool. sports-car cool, pickup truck cool, tank cool.

ThinkPads are cool because they are quietly solid. Kind of like a tank. Granted, they are sometimes disappointing (eg. screen not good enough). My last ThinkPad was a T530 so my impression might be outdated (still in use but not as a primary computer).
Nov 18, 2004
604 posts
228 upvotes
Toronto
Thinking about pulling the trigger on this ($1012 plus tax less 10% rakuten today) upgrades from the base are 6800H processor, W11Pro, 1TB Hdd.

It will be a general personal laptop with some light video and photo editing likely the most taxing. Is this a decent deal compared to alternatives in this price point? I see the costco Legion (only 512GB SSD) for $999...
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2004
4989 posts
2019 upvotes
barold wrote: Thinking about pulling the trigger on this ($1012 plus tax less 10% rakuten today) upgrades from the base are 6800H processor, W11Pro, 1TB Hdd.

It will be a general personal laptop with some light video and photo editing likely the most taxing. Is this a decent deal compared to alternatives in this price point? I see the costco Legion (only 512GB SSD) for $999...
The Legion's 3050ti GPU will be much superior to the iGPU of the thinkbook. SSD should be fairly easy to upgrade.
Jun 12, 2018
793 posts
1165 upvotes
Ontario
Any touchscreen models on for a good price?
Dec 17, 2017
135 posts
116 upvotes
any additional promo codes? hate begging but none seem to be working aside from superthinkfeb... not even the GREETINGS1 worked anymore.
Jun 27, 2018
157 posts
408 upvotes
stevo88 wrote: Any touchscreen models on for a good price?
No touchscreen on this model, sorry.
Soulfly3 wrote: any additional promo codes? hate begging but none seem to be working aside from superthinkfeb... not even the GREETINGS1 worked anymore.
Same, GREETINGS1 stopped working for me as well.