Expired Hot Deals

Lenovo Canada

ThinkBook 15 Gen 4 Intel (15") laptop configurable deal starting at $630; then 12% Rakuten

[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2004
4179 posts
1617 upvotes
Toronto

[Lenovo Canada] ThinkBook 15 Gen 4 Intel (15") laptop configurable deal starting at $630; then 12% Rakuten

Read the rest of the thread for some very useful information. For example, about a comparable 14" model, other routes to discounts, must-have options, etc.

The price is quite confusing.

I seem to qualify for $581 for some reason -- probably "Lenovo Pro" that gets applied automatically somehow. I don't remember the process of joining Lenovo Pro but it was free and probably easy. You might have to claim you are a business (which anyone can be). On the other hand, this might prevent collecting Rakuten (I don't know).

The normal price is $969 but there is a 35% off coupon THINKWKNDDEAL that should bring it down to $629.85. (I haven't worked through the purchase process to be sure).

The device has no PSREF entry that I can find. This might be close: https://psref.lenovo.com/Detail/ThinkBo ... 21DJ000UCA

This is a worthy choice as an inexpensive 15" notebook:
  • no feature is bad enough to be a veto
  • it has a 12th generation Intel Core processor (only an i3, but that's OK)
  • it is customizable in a bunch of ways that lets you eliminate pain points for a reasonable price
  • it seems to come with an empty SODIMM socket so you aren't stuck at 8G of RAM
  • with Rakuten, it seems like a steal.
  • ThinkBook is seems to be a reasonable line, if well below good ThinkPads

Many available options seem worth consideration (I hope they get a 35% discount):
  • better processor (I actually think that that option is too expensive)
  • Win 11 Pro
  • extra 8G of RAM (cheaper if you do that yourself)
  • larger SSD (I'd do it myself but if discounted might be a good choice)
  • two better screens; I'd at least pick the first better screen and might pick the best
  • camera upgrade from 720p to 1080p (seems cheap enough to be a no-brainer)
  • backlighting on keyboard (I don't care but many folks seem to demand this)
  • Wi-Fi upgrade from AC to 6E (another no-brainer)
The only trouble is that the cost of all these nice upgrades adds up.
Last edited by Hugh on Jul 3rd, 2022 1:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Thread Summary
use code "EXTRATHINKJULY" and "BFIJTHINKOFFER" instead (YES they work together)
Confirmed to be working on Thinkbook 14 and 15 build your own
250 replies
Deal Fanatic
Sep 22, 2012
5292 posts
5517 upvotes
Richmond Hill
$10 Wi-Fi upgrade from AC to 6E is definitely an option to buy.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2002
5363 posts
4755 upvotes
Vancouver
Wish I could find benchmarks on 2P+4E.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 22, 2012
5292 posts
5517 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I don't really want the laptop, but I wonder if I'll get another $50 voucher Face With Tears Of Joy

The 14" is also available for a similar price. That one has option of touchscreen.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2002
5363 posts
4755 upvotes
Vancouver
$556 through Perkopolis.

Word of warning, the base 250 nit option is a TN panel. Obviously, don't choose that unless you like washed out colors. I'd strongly recommend the 100% sRGB option for +$56. Your money will be well spend here.

The platform specs for the 15- and 14-inch models are listed below.
https://psref.lenovo.com/Product/ThinkB ... _15_G4_IAP
https://psref.lenovo.com/Product/ThinkB ... _14_G4_IAP

The 14-inch model gets aluminum top and bottom, while the 15-inch gets aluminum top and ABS bottom.

Great to see TB4 and HDMI 2.0/2.1 on these models. Some people have been asking for HDMI to output 4K and it's finally here on these cheap workhorses.
Mar 4, 2011
46 posts
12 upvotes
Anyone else having trouble getting the coupon THINKWKNDDEAL to work?
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2006
1529 posts
594 upvotes
Hmm, can't get that code working.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2002
5363 posts
4755 upvotes
Vancouver
rugerty100 wrote: $10 Wi-Fi upgrade from AC to 6E is definitely an option to buy.
Agreed, it also guarantees you an Intel module. AC could be Realtek or Intel according to Lenovo’s FRU parts list.
Jan 8, 2020
62 posts
22 upvotes
Spinner wrote: $556 through Perkopolis.

Word of warning, the base 250 nit option is a TN panel. Obviously, don't choose that unless you like washed out colors. I'd strongly recommend the 100% sRGB option for +$56. Your money will be well spend here.

The platform specs for the 15- and 14-inch models are listed below.
https://psref.lenovo.com/Product/ThinkB ... _15_G4_IAP
https://psref.lenovo.com/Product/ThinkB ... _14_G4_IAP

The 14-inch model gets aluminum top and bottom, while the 15-inch gets aluminum top and ABS bottom.

Great to see TB4 and HDMI 2.0/2.1 on these models. Some people have been asking for HDMI to output 4K and it's finally here on these cheap workhorses.
Link?
Deal Addict
May 6, 2007
1614 posts
329 upvotes
Maple, ON
RavenSherbert wrote: Anyone else having trouble getting the coupon THINKWKNDDEAL to work?
Does not work for me either .., will try Perkopolis
Deal Guru
Mar 28, 2006
11648 posts
2547 upvotes
Up to 6 hours battery only?

No touchscreen option but at least you have the option to get the 100% sRGB coverage.
People around you may have weaken immune system (or live with one). Wear a mask if possible, especially if you have cold symptoms.
Deal Guru
Jun 20, 2020
13919 posts
17351 upvotes
Toronto
82 wrote: Up to 6 hours battery only?
from ThinkBook 15 G4 IAP Platform Specifications

Model with 45Wh battery:
MobileMark® 2018: up to 6 hr
Local video (1080p) [email protected]: up to 8 hr

"All battery life claims are approximate maximum and based on results using the MobileMark 2014, MobileMark 2018, JEITA 2.0, continuous 1080p video playback (with 150nits brightness and default volume level) or Google Power Load Test (PLT) battery-life benchmark tests. Actual battery life will vary and depends on many factors such as product configuration and usage, software use, wireless functionality, power management settings, and screen brightness"
Destiny is all
Nov 23, 2012
38 posts
69 upvotes
Halifax
nambit wrote: Hmm, can't get that code working.
Code "EXTRATHINKJULY" gets you 40% off.
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2015
2672 posts
1908 upvotes
Antarctica
My question is if the $50 voucher from the cancellation of this deal will stack with the $50 one from the detachable deal cancellations earlier.

May be they will not cancel my third purchase with those two vouchers lol.
Jan 16, 2017
341 posts
386 upvotes
Burlington, ON
Kingaling wrote: This no longer seems to work?
The codes only seem to work on some configs. I managed to get EXTRATHINKJULY to work on the 14 inch “Build Your PC” model with almost maxed out specs.
Nov 5, 2020
42 posts
32 upvotes
dxxalf wrote: The codes only seem to work on some configs. I managed to get EXTRATHINKJULY to work on the 14 inch “Build Your PC” model with almost maxed out specs.
Ah that works for me. I think my mistake was trying to combine my corp perks with the coupon.

That said, this deal doesn't seem as good as the Dell Inspiron 3525 deal from Canada Day. For about $100 more + tax you could get a ryzen 7 and 16gb ram*, but it looks like Dell ended it's 12% Rakuten deal.
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2010
1121 posts
2495 upvotes
Toronto
Kingaling wrote: That said, this deal doesn't seem as good as the Dell Inspiron 3525 deal from Canada Day. For about $100 more + tax you could get a ryzen 7 and 16gb ram*, but it looks like Dell ended it's 12% Rakuten deal.
Don't look at only the major components like CPU and memory. The Inspiron 3525 is more like an Ideapad 3. Thinkbook build quality and supporting component specs (stuff like mentioned here) are noticeably higher.
i am upside down
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2009
7141 posts
3709 upvotes
Debtario
rugerty100 wrote: I don't really want the laptop, but I wonder if I'll get another $50 voucher Face With Tears Of Joy

The 14" is also available for a similar price. That one has option of touchscreen.
In B4 "price error" cancellations
"I possess a device, in my pocket, capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers"

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)