Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2019
1581 posts
9125 upvotes

[Lenovo Canada] ThinkPad Essential 16-inch Topload Bag, $17.99

ThinkPad Essential 16-inch Topload Bag, $17.99

https://www.lenovo.com/ca/en/accessorie ... 4X41C12469

Features:
- Two main compartments, including a dedicated padded PC pocket, designed to fit Lenovo ThinkPad laptops up to 16”
- Two additional front zip pockets for quick accessory access
- Removable, adjustable shoulder strap for added comfort while carrying
- Convenient luggage strap on back panel for travel and commuting
- Easy-grip zippers for easy packing and unpacking
- Classic black nylon exterior, grey interior lining, with splashes of classic red accents

Rakuten cashback is applicable.
34 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
1274 posts
267 upvotes
Toronto
Nice looking bag, but for safety reasons, do you really want to be advertising that you are carrying a high-end laptop?
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2009
7139 posts
3702 upvotes
Debtario
blueangel2323 wrote: Nice looking bag, but for safety reasons, do you really want to be advertising that you are carrying a high-end laptop?
Noveau thieves will look away because not a macbook.

I'm actually surprised our thinkpads at work do not walk away with our lax security, non-working surveillance cameras and nothing locked up. Guess there is something to be said for being unsexy square black plastic, that and the accessible ones are ancient T420 and T430s lol
"I possess a device, in my pocket, capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers"
Deal Addict
May 13, 2011
1340 posts
760 upvotes
Ajax
Was looking for a nice and affordable laptop bag. Thx OP ordered 2. One for my wife and one for me!
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
14032 posts
3212 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
M1K3Z0R wrote: Noveau thieves will look away because not a macbook.

Smiling Face With Open Mouth

Hmm, buy or wait for a smaller one for a 14" ThinkPad? I gave my friend one of those backpacks that sold for cheap, and he seems to like it, although I don't see him as being a backpack type of dude.
Dec 17, 2010
52 posts
13 upvotes
Restocked laptop bags for work. Thanks OP!
Jan 5, 2022
10 posts
29 upvotes
Edmonton
Using promo code EXTRAFIVE to save 5% and getting 10% back (via Rakuten) - Good Deal!
Thanks OP!
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2007
2271 posts
1196 upvotes
Toronto
M1K3Z0R wrote: Noveau thieves will look away because not a macbook.
Wouldn't icloud lock basically make most Macs pretty undesirable to steal?
Jul 8, 2019
166 posts
229 upvotes
I got this last week for my 14-inch MacBook Pro. Nice bag for the price, can fit mouse/charger/external drives, etc. Could use a bit more padding, though.

But then I realized I never leave the house, let alone with my laptop Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes

generaltao99 wrote: Wouldn't icloud lock basically make most Macs pretty undesirable to steal?
Parts alone are worth it to steal it for.

A 16" MacBook Pro screen is going for $600+ on eBay. Add in trackpad, battery, SSD, etc. and thieves could get north of $1,000.
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2007
2271 posts
1196 upvotes
Toronto
seenjeen wrote: I got this last week for my 14-inch MacBook Pro. Nice bag for the price, can fit mouse/charger/external drives, etc. Could use a bit more padding, though.

But then I realized I never leave the house, let alone with my laptop Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes

Parts alone are worth it to steal it for.

A 16" MacBook Pro screen is going for $600+ on eBay. Add in trackpad, battery, SSD, etc. and thieves could get north of $1,000.
I mean sure but it takes a pretty tech savvy thief to do that not to mention it's labor intensive. A hell of a lot easier just to steal and resell a working PC laptop.
Mar 30, 2020
23 posts
5 upvotes
klr650a wrote: Using promo code EXTRAFIVE to save 5% and getting 10% back (via Rakuten) - Good Deal!
Thanks OP!
Thanks OP! And thanks @klr650a for the info, ordered one! Smiling Face With Smiling Eyes
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2007
1608 posts
521 upvotes
Bedford
Ordered one of these at the same price just before xmas. Nice for the $$$$.
Sep 18, 2021
897 posts
301 upvotes
Are the any deals for small laptops and tablets under 13"?
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2009
7139 posts
3702 upvotes
Debtario
My personal fav antitheft/trolling device Image

I'd do this to my P14s but the ryzen 7 sticker is so purdy.

generaltao99 wrote: I mean sure but it takes a pretty tech savvy thief to do that not to mention it's labor intensive. A hell of a lot easier just to steal and resell a working PC laptop.
Most thefts are crimes of opportunity, if it looks expensive they'll take it. Most stolen property gets fenced for cash as soon as possible, they got it for "FREE" after all.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers"
Jul 8, 2019
166 posts
229 upvotes
M1K3Z0R wrote: My personal fav antitheft/trolling device
Face With Tears Of Joy This is great!

M1K3Z0R wrote: Most thefts are crimes of opportunity, if it looks expensive they'll take it. Most stolen property gets fenced for cash as soon as possible, they got it for "FREE" after all.
Yep. I see iCloud locked MacBooks on eBay and Kijiji for $500+ all the time.
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2007
2271 posts
1196 upvotes
Toronto
M1K3Z0R wrote: My personal fav antitheft/trolling device Image

Most thefts are crimes of opportunity, if it looks expensive they'll take it. Most stolen property gets fenced for cash as soon as possible, they got it for "FREE" after all.
Sure most common thieves will take anything. We're just talking about about a case where the thief knows something about the items they're stealing. Same reason why car thieves target cars with easy security.

In any case, if your laptop is inside a bag, it doesn't matter what laptop or bag it is to a thief.
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2007
2271 posts
1196 upvotes
Toronto
seenjeen wrote: Yep. I see iCloud locked MacBooks on eBay and Kijiji for $500+ all the time.
Why assume they're stolen when hundreds of thousands of units flow through schools and businesses and end up recycled in bulk?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)