Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Lenovo Canada] ThinkPad & IdeaPad - EPP Discounted

Moderator
User avatar
Mar 23, 2004
40497 posts
6585 upvotes
Markham
da_hool wrote: It looks like it's CCFL and not LED.

12.1-inch WideScreen (10.2"x6.4")
WXGA (1280x800)
CCFL 1-Bulb


Source
yip mine is led..yay ^^

http://www.screencountry.com/index.php? ... WP2(TL)(B1)


Too bad it's not glossy, but i will take the led bl :)

So after looking, do u think it's possible to upgrade the screen to glossy from ordering one of those screens? hmm...
Moderator
User avatar
Mar 23, 2004
40497 posts
6585 upvotes
Markham
mkylau wrote: mine says LEN4036

its a T400, and it says on the label outside the packaging that its w/ LED BL

did i get a screen with LED BL?
read my new post.

What u need is the data string not the PnP ID.

Also just found out that t400 discrete finally has the WXGA+ LED BL option.

14.1" WXGA+ TFT w/ LED BL [add $80.00] [Lenovo recommended]
Sr. Member
Aug 27, 2008
500 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
Mine is LTD121EWVB, LEN4010..don't know what this is ....
manufactured in week 33, 2009

any idea?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 26, 2003
4791 posts
222 upvotes
Got mine last night .... i'm impressed (I shouldn't be) with the build quality over my Dell 640m ...

Very nice. Good deal. Now I have to justify it to the wife ... ahahahahahaha.
He .... looka lika MAN!
I tell you every ting!
----------------------------------------------------
If you haven't figured it out yet ... i'm not a female. Have you ever watched MADtv?
Sr. Member
Aug 27, 2008
500 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
Ok, status update.

Sorry for whoever getting regular screen on the Aug. 25 and congrat. on whoever is getting led bl screen on the Aug. 25 order. Apparently there will be no adjustment on the regular screen....----->should we all call at the same time and ask for reimbursement?


And about my little 160GB HD, even though the sales rep. kept saying I did order the 160GB instead of getting the 250GB for free. I pulled out the fact that I order 3 x200 with 250GB HD during that week and asked her why would I get this particular one in 160GB, she said ok.
Then she gave me options: complete return;send me the 250GB and swap it myself then send back the 160GB or a $46 credit. :D

Obviously, I took the $46 bucks considering the hassle of swapping and restoring and the fact that new HITACHI 250GB HD only costs $50 bucks . :D :D
Sr. Member
Aug 27, 2008
500 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
Then immediately, $35 went back to Lenovo for a DDR3 ram :D
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 12, 2007
3604 posts
135 upvotes
Toronto
miss_swan wrote: Got mine last night .... i'm impressed (I shouldn't be) with the build quality over my Dell 640m ...

Very nice. Good deal. Now I have to justify it to the wife ... ahahahahahaha.
i thought you were the wife? hahahahahhaha
Sr. Member
Mar 13, 2008
578 posts
27 upvotes
anyone that ordered on 25th still in process call recently? i called last Wednesday and they said it was shipped the day before, or something like that.
Newbie
Dec 26, 2006
91 posts
mulambo187 wrote: anyone that ordered on 25th still in process call recently? i called last Wednesday and they said it was shipped the day before, or something like that.
CSR told me that mine will be shipped on 23th.
Sr. Member
Mar 13, 2008
578 posts
27 upvotes
heh im a stop thinking about it till next week then, im not gonna hold my breath for that. im getting right pissed off, laptop would really come in handy now that school is fully underway. seems a good 2/3 of material is online and its a ***** having to print a lot of stuff out in the event it maybe useful to have while its being covered in class.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 11, 2006
1642 posts
24 upvotes
Toronto
mulambo187 wrote: heh im a stop thinking about it till next week then, im not gonna hold my breath for that. im getting right pissed off, laptop would really come in handy now that school is fully underway. seems a good 2/3 of material is online and its a ***** having to print a lot of stuff out in the event it maybe useful to have while its being covered in class.
just wondering... if u really need that laptop urgently, can't u call them up and say u don't want that LED BL and would settle for one w/o as long as they can ship it immed.?
Moderator
User avatar
Mar 23, 2004
40497 posts
6585 upvotes
Markham
cache wrote: just wondering... if u really need that laptop urgently, can't u call them up and say u don't want that LED BL and would settle for one w/o as long as they can ship it immed.?
iirc he got his already and shipped it back to lenovo.
Sr. Member
Mar 13, 2008
578 posts
27 upvotes
thats right, ordered 18th and received on the 29th for the first order but i sent it right back, got a better configured system on the 25th and spent slightly more money so the restocking fee was waved... i think lenovo should be a little more up front, the site said ships in 7 or 9 days when i ordered on the 25th like it did with the first order, maybe put somthing liberal like 3-4 or 6-8 weeks to ship and then ship it faster if they could.

i can say at least with ebay sometimes when you get a bargain there's a reason (counterfeit), but i've always experienced quick shipping. lenovo should not be below a random ebay businesses level of timeliness in delivery to customer.

Top