Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Lenovo Canada] ThinkPad & IdeaPad - EPP Discounted

Dec 22, 2008
355 posts
90 upvotes
Toronto
Aug 18: Ordered X200S
Aug 19: Confirmation Email
Aug 27: Emailed that they cancelled an item on my order: 'ThinkPlus USB 2.0 CD-RW/DVD-ROM Combo II' because it was EOL. X200S status changed to 'Released to manufacturing'

I haven't heard anything since...am I safe to assume I should get it by the end of the month? I hope so.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2006
1642 posts
24 upvotes
Toronto
angel_wing0 wrote: iirc he got his already and shipped it back to lenovo.
oh, okay. well, guess he'll just have to wait like the rest of us.

p.s. i can imagine the pain of seeing your laptop and not being able to open the box...
Sep 3, 2009
27 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
here's my story :o rdered a T400 Aug.25, called Sept.02 and was told shipment scheduled on Sept.14. But i phoned levono this morning again to confirm the shopping, rep just found the 6cell 3yrs warranty battery posted wrong on their web that day. told me that i have to cancel that order and book again. Just wondering in the past three weeks, no one in levono emailed or called me about that, my order just sitting there, nothing has been done yet. Not sure that's the way lenovo normally does business or dealing with customers. Sounds like no more choice for me, so I placed a new order over the phone this afternoon when the same rep called me back, with the same config.
When got home checking the confirmation mail, ends up being charged $150 more than the previous with the same config. Is that sort of compensation? Have to call them one more time tomorrow.
anyone had the similar experience?
Deal Addict
Jan 26, 2003
4788 posts
221 upvotes
elton5354 wrote: i thought you were the wife? hahahahahhaha
You guys need to read the sig and watch MADTv ...
He .... looka lika MAN!

I tell you every ting!

----------------------------------------------------

If you haven't figured it out yet ... i'm not a female. Have you ever watched MADtv?
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2003
1213 posts
132 upvotes
Brampton, ON
I placed an order for a T400 on Sep 13th and received an e-mail yesterday (16th) that it has been shipped. From everyone's experience with shipping times here, it sounds too good to be true. I will give them a call today to confirm. Although it would be pretty impressive if it did actually ship in such a short time.
Mar 13, 2008
578 posts
27 upvotes
i believe it, i think the big wait is for an out to stock part to show up, you want to post the detailed specs and price you got? maybe we can guess which part it is that's causing all the delays.
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2003
1213 posts
132 upvotes
Brampton, ON
mulambo187 wrote: i believe it, i think the big wait is for an out to stock part to show up, you want to post the detailed specs and price you got? maybe we can guess which part it is that's causing all the delays.
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo processor P8400 (2.26GHz 1066MHz 3MBL2)
Operating system: Genuine Windows Vista Home Basic Operating system language: Genuine Windows Vista Home Basic
Display type: 14.1" WXGA+ TFT w/ LED BL System graphics: Intel GMA X4500
Total memory: 2 GB PC3-8500 DDR3 (1 DIMM) Keyboard language: US English Keyboard
Hard drive: 160GB Hard Disk Drive, 5400rpm Optical device: CD-RW/DVD-ROM, UltrabaySlim System expansion slots: Express Card & PC Card Slots
Integrated WiFi wireless LAN adapters: Intel WiFi Link 5100
Modem: Yes - AMoM
Mobile Broadband: Integrated WWAN upgradable
Battery: 6 cell Li-Ion Battery

$815.70 after coupon
Jan 26, 2008
266 posts
49 upvotes
ah9978 wrote: here's my story :o rdered a T400 Aug.25, called Sept.02 and was told shipment scheduled on Sept.14. But i phoned levono this morning again to confirm the shopping, rep just found the 6cell 3yrs warranty battery posted wrong on their web that day. told me that i have to cancel that order and book again. Just wondering in the past three weeks, no one in levono emailed or called me about that, my order just sitting there, nothing has been done yet. Not sure that's the way lenovo normally does business or dealing with customers. Sounds like no more choice for me, so I placed a new order over the phone this afternoon when the same rep called me back, with the same config.
When got home checking the confirmation mail, ends up being charged $150 more than the previous with the same config. Is that sort of compensation? Have to call them one more time tomorrow.
anyone had the similar experience?
I had the same experience, but my rep tld they just needed to change the battery so it's a week of delay.
About the 150$ more, i asked my rep if i could change the dimm. She said that if i do that i fall at the end of the line and she won't be able to give me the same discounts that were valid on aug 25th.

Called today and they say it has an estimate date of shipping at the end of next week
Dec 1, 2005
729 posts
94 upvotes
Calgary
Any thoughts on the ThinkPad b/g/n Wi-Fi wireless LAN Mini-PCIe vs the Intel WiFi Link 5100/5300?

Is it worth the extra money?
Mar 13, 2008
578 posts
27 upvotes
i would be livid if my x200 had inferior/shoddy wifi, i bit the bullet and got the 5300 im not takin chances.
Mar 23, 2004
39644 posts
5672 upvotes
Markham
j27lee wrote: Any thoughts on the ThinkPad b/g/n Wi-Fi wireless LAN Mini-PCIe vs the Intel WiFi Link 5100/5300?

Is it worth the extra money?
The difference will be minimal imo, but i think it's worth the money just in case. Beside, you need the intel wifi link for the laptop to be called centrino ;)
mulambo187 wrote: i would be livid if my x200 had inferior/shoddy wifi, i bit the bullet and got the 5300 im not takin chances.
+1. Thats what i got as well, but for my t400 :D
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2003
1213 posts
132 upvotes
Brampton, ON
nerdonsite wrote: I placed an order for a T400 on Sep 13th and received an e-mail yesterday (16th) that it has been shipped. From everyone's experience with shipping times here, it sounds too good to be true. I will give them a call today to confirm. Although it would be pretty impressive if it did actually ship in such a short time.
called them today and the rep confirmed that it has indeed been shipped. Even she was very surprised at how quickly they shipped it. Should get it early next week. sweet!
Oct 16, 2004
351 posts
11 upvotes
angel_wing0 wrote: The difference will be minimal imo, but i think it's worth the money just in case. Beside, you need the intel wifi link for the laptop to be called centrino ;)

+1. Thats what i got as well, but for my t400 :D
That yellow sparkling sticker for Centrino 2 is so worth the money!
mulambo187 wrote: i would be livid if my x200 had inferior/shoddy wifi, i bit the bullet and got the 5300 im not takin chances.
i have the 5100 and I think its performs fairly well. Although the place I am living has a wireless N router, it still detects wireless g. I have to check whether it is actually using the N-band. Otherwise, no complaint.
Mar 23, 2004
39644 posts
5672 upvotes
Markham
mkylau wrote: That yellow sparkling sticker for Centrino 2 is so worth the money!

i have the 5100 and I think its performs fairly well. Although the place I am living has a wireless N router, it still detects wireless g. I have to check whether it is actually using the N-band. Otherwise, no complaint.
Well i can get you the sticker even if u are using celeron :lol:

It's draft N still, which is sad.