Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Lenovo Canada] ThinkPad & IdeaPad - EPP Discounted

Jan 7, 2009
116 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
mintcoffee wrote: You're in luck. CAP72HOURSALE applies for a 25% discount on the T400s when over $1500. Expires Sept 17.
This is the same discount deal during labour day weekend.

Wonder when Lenovo will start throwing in free stuff for the T400s like how the other T systems got free upgrade camera and 250GB HD.

What's bothering me from purchasing a ThinkPad now is that Lenovo is charging $30 for the "FREE" upgrade to Windows 7 - and this is just pure robbery. Other companies are offering true free upgrades at zero cost to the customers. So yeah, it's a waste to buy a system and pay for Vista, then use it for 1 month, then pay more money to get Windows 7...
Mar 23, 2004
39649 posts
5716 upvotes
Markham
BriS2K wrote: What's bothering me from purchasing a ThinkPad now is that Lenovo is charging $30 for the "FREE" upgrade to Windows 7 - and this is just pure robbery. Other companies are offering true free upgrades at zero cost to the customers. So yeah, it's a waste to buy a system and pay for Vista, then use it for 1 month, then pay more money to get Windows 7...
It's not lenovo, it's microsoft charging that amount. It doesn't matter if it's Dell, LG, asus or samaung, it's the same $30 USD.
Jan 7, 2009
116 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
angel_wing0 wrote: It's not lenovo, it's microsoft charging that amount. It doesn't matter if it's Dell, LG, asus or samaung, it's the same $30 USD.
WRONG.

The upgrade is free, but the shipping and handling charges are different from manufacturers. For example Dell, Sony, HP free shipping. Toshiba charges $20. Lenovo $30. T
Deal Fanatic
Aug 25, 2004
5791 posts
49 upvotes
^ ladies, calm down :D
rems wrote: yes...for those that say it doesn't are lying. There has to be some sort of physical attraction (unless you're visually impaired obviously). Looks get you there and personality keeps you there.
Jan 7, 2009
116 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
LOL i got my post deleted. Mods, you're hilarious, sheesh.

Point being angelwing, Microsoft charges absolutely $0 for the upgrade.

Its up to the manufactures on how the package and distribute the disks. Fact is Lenovo is charging the most.
Jan 7, 2009
116 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
angel_wing0 wrote: posts are deleted, thanks mod.

I admit it's my mistake, but it's his fault for posting reportable material. *shrugs*
What? You drew first blood...and you even had the nerve to REPORT it. Jeez, not COOL man.
Deal Addict
May 16, 2006
3947 posts
347 upvotes
Anyone interested in a 6 cell battery for T400?

Got an extra, brand new, PM me offers
Mar 23, 2004
39649 posts
5716 upvotes
Markham
CatDog wrote: Anyone interested in a 6 cell battery for T400?

Got an extra, brand new, PM me offers
Selling it already? But yeah, i havent even use mine, same with the 9 cell :lol:
BriS2K wrote: What? You drew first blood...and you even had the nerve to REPORT it. Jeez, not COOL man.
saying that 5 letter word is even worst ;) argue all u want (heck i even admit that i was wrong), but no insults.
Jun 24, 2006
344 posts
5 upvotes
BriS2K wrote: LOL i got my post deleted. Mods, you're hilarious, sheesh.

Point being angelwing, Microsoft charges absolutely $0 for the upgrade.

Its up to the manufactures on how the package and distribute the disks. Fact is Lenovo is charging the most.

Agree, bris2k is right. I'm on the fence on purchasing a TP until late Oct when Win7 is out.
Mar 23, 2004
39649 posts
5716 upvotes
Markham
Pumped'Up wrote: Agree, bris2k is right. I'm on the fence on purchasing a TP until late Oct when Win7 is out.
u can always get IEEE for $31 USD IF YOU ARE A STUDENT...since that's the full OS and the one in Oct is just the upgrade.
Mar 13, 2008
578 posts
27 upvotes
cats_on_burners wrote: Is it possible to manually upgrade the wifi-card?(on the x200)
I'm sure it is buddy, one of the selling points for me was remembering how easy it is to repair/replace/add parts to my old thinkpad, Im pretty sure its the same with x200.

check out http://www.lenovoservicetraining.com/ion/ they have videos on how to replace everything. Things look a bit more buried away this time around, ie a few more screws to deal with, but it doesn't look hard at all.
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2008
1181 posts
111 upvotes
so hmm whos gonna trash ur local Lenovo office/call centre if the x200 dun ship by next thursday? lol
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2006
1642 posts
24 upvotes
Toronto
FulltimeIT wrote: so hmm whos gonna trash ur local Lenovo office/call centre if the x200 dun ship by next thursday? lol
what can we do even if they don't ship by 24th? we can cancel the order... but that's exactly what they hope we do, no?
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2008
1181 posts
111 upvotes
cache wrote: what can we do even if they don't ship by 24th? we can cancel the order... but that's exactly what they hope we do, no?
i dunno..ask for compensation? i thikn someone did for their Ideapad Y450, but not sure how that turned out. I ordered Y450 originally on AUG 2nd, and by the AUG 25th pricing error it was no where near to be ready to ship so I cancelled and jumped on this one, some ppl by TODAY still havent got their Y450 ordered on AUG 2nd lol, I think lenovo makes money by delay orders so parts price come down and give it to u in 2 month or so, so w/e price u see now its Future Price Discounted to Present lol