Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Lenovo Canada] ThinkPad & IdeaPad - EPP Discounted

Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2009
2215 posts
558 upvotes
fulltimeit wrote: , so w/e price u see now its discounted future price lol
:d:d
‎3 Apples that changed the world: the one that Eve ate, the one that fell on Newton's head and the one that Steve Jobs built.
R.I.P Steve jobs...!!
Jan 7, 2009
116 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
FulltimeIT wrote: i dunno..ask for compensation? i thikn someone did for their Ideapad Y450, but not sure how that turned out. I ordered Y450 originally on AUG 2nd, and by the AUG 25th pricing error it was no where near to be ready to ship so I cancelled and jumped on this one, some ppl by TODAY still havent got their Y450 ordered on AUG 2nd lol, I think lenovo makes money by delay orders so parts price come down and give it to u in 2 month or so, so w/e price u see now its Future Price Discounted to Present lol
Man, that would totally suck if Lenovo did exercise this sort of illegal practice...and it's not hard to believe that they would do this...after seeing all the posts regarding delayed shipping times and just plain crap experiences with Lenovo. All this makes me not want to do business with Lenovo any more...ouch.
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2005
1299 posts
134 upvotes
Markham
Darn i want an x200 with p8600/p8700 c2d cpu with an led screen backlight. I wish Lenovo comes out with those options soon. Either to get the led backlight u gotta go x200s or tablet which both have crappy ULV cpu's, and if u go with the x200 plain u don't get the led back-light :S
Jan 7, 2009
116 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
Kyle_87 wrote: Darn i want an x200 with p8600/p8700 c2d cpu with an led screen backlight. I wish Lenovo comes out with those options soon. Either to get the led backlight u gotta go x200s or tablet which both have crappy ULV cpu's, and if u go with the x200 plain u don't get the led back-light :S
T400s with the SP9600.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2008
1952 posts
4460 upvotes
BriS2K wrote: Man, that would totally suck if Lenovo did exercise this sort of illegal practice...and it's not hard to believe that they would do this...after seeing all the posts regarding delayed shipping times and just plain crap experiences with Lenovo. All this makes me not want to do business with Lenovo any more...ouch.
That's what they're doing right now. I can sell you a 52" LCD TV for $500, sounds like a good deal, eh? You place your order now, I'll ship 2 years later...possibly without a TV tuner or a remote. Hell you might even get a plasma instead. :twisted:
Sep 3, 2009
27 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
nerdonsite wrote: called them today and the rep confirmed that it has indeed been shipped. Even she was very surprised at how quickly they shipped it. Should get it early next week. sweet!
lucky you. I'm still waiting for the shipping since I had to canceled my previous order because of the webposting probs.
Sep 3, 2009
27 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
ah9978 wrote: here's my story :o rdered a T400 Aug.25, called Sept.02 and was told shipment scheduled on Sept.14. But i phoned levono this morning again to confirm the shopping, rep just found the 6cell 3yrs warranty battery posted wrong on their web that day. told me that i have to cancel that order and book again. Just wondering in the past three weeks, no one in levono emailed or called me about that, my order just sitting there, nothing has been done yet. Not sure that's the way lenovo normally does business or dealing with customers. Sounds like no more choice for me, so I placed a new order over the phone this afternoon when the same rep called me back, with the same config.
When got home checking the confirmation mail, ends up being charged $150 more than the previous with the same config. Is that sort of compensation? Have to call them one more time tomorrow.
anyone had the similar experience?
Confirmed with rep Friday, was told it was priced the same, not sure when they can ship it yet. but in the confirm mail it showed $150 more.
Mar 13, 2008
578 posts
27 upvotes
t400s weighs in at under 4 pounds, looks like a beautiful laptop, better then x200, but it is way too much of my (student) budget to justify. i'd rather get a desktop with easily double the power and possibly double the hardware (laptop+desktop), when getting up into spending $1500.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2008
1952 posts
4460 upvotes
It doesn't even take this long to manufacturer a car, and there's more components in one. > :(
May 9, 2007
654 posts
14 upvotes
Just wondering if anyone would be interested in the X200 at cost without the LED BL screen. I am still deciding whether or not to keep it, and only looking to see if there are any interested buyer. PM me. Reason I ain't putting this on BST is because I am still in the deciding stage.
Dec 1, 2005
732 posts
109 upvotes
Calgary
mulambo187 wrote: t400s weighs in at under 4 pounds, looks like a beautiful laptop, better then x200, but it is way too much of my (student) budget to justify. i'd rather get a desktop with easily double the power and possibly double the hardware (laptop+desktop), when getting up into spending $1500.
You can get into a T400s for a bit over $1200: http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/show ... p?t=789937
Banned
Sep 22, 2008
8322 posts
543 upvotes
Is this deal with EEP price better than the RFD Exclusive & Hot! 20% Off ThinkPads / 30% Off Over $1499 (T400s $1231, X200 $1057)??

any idea?
Mar 23, 2004
40559 posts
6648 upvotes
Markham
packardbell wrote: Is this deal with EEP price better than the RFD Exclusive & Hot! 20% Off ThinkPads / 30% Off Over $1499 (T400s $1231, X200 $1057)??

any idea?
well do it yourself and see...customize the same things on the epp site and normal site and compare the prices yourself.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
3241 posts
609 upvotes
Guys be careful with Lenovo. There is no return policy for EPP. Be very carefull, they sent me the wrong battery and wont let me send back the wrong one and the correct one.