Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Lenovo Canada] ThinkPad & IdeaPad - EPP Discounted

Jul 25, 2008
15 posts
KARAMBA wrote: Thanks guys.

How many hours do the 3cell/6cell/9cell batteries offer for SL 410
?

My use, for the most, part would be near a plug. So should be ok.

Yeah, I would miss the Anti-glare screen of SL 510.
A 4-cell will probably last around 2 hours when new (screen brightness at 50%, regular internet use, wifi on), but don't be surprised when it drops to less than an hour after a couple of charges.
Feb 8, 2009
622 posts
51 upvotes
Nice laptop case for the price. The colour's alright, but wouldn't mind other colours to be put on sale.
Aug 24, 2006
64 posts
119 upvotes
Scarborough
xGambitx wrote: Finally got my S10-2!! seems kinda of slow, videos kinda chopping, maybe I am too picky.
Do you mean Youtube vids? Or just regular avi's?

If it's Youtube vids, make sure it's not in HD since that won't run very well. Other than that, Youtube runs fine on my S10-2 (running Windows 7 though).

If you're trying to watch some 720p stuff, you might want to try out CoreAVC to see if it helps.
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2009
1120 posts
17 upvotes
jasonyong19 wrote: Do you mean Youtube vids? Or just regular avi's?

If it's Youtube vids, make sure it's not in HD since that won't run very well. Other than that, Youtube runs fine on my S10-2 (running Windows 7 though).

If you're trying to watch some 720p stuff, you might want to try out CoreAVC to see if it helps.
yea I was talking about HD youtube. I thought it should have been able to play those vids.

How did you install windows 7? is it running smooth? did you upgrade the ram or is it still 1gb?
Sep 29, 2009
281 posts
28 upvotes
I think the HD videos from youtube should play fine on this machine. ffs I have an old T60, and they play fine on it :confused:

check your drivers ihmo
Deal Guru
Jul 7, 2007
10124 posts
1212 upvotes
mythos1453 wrote: I think the HD videos from youtube should play fine on this machine. ffs I have an old T60, and they play fine on it :confused:

check your drivers ihmo
no Atom processor plays youtube HD without lagging.

Heck, not even a single Core (Core2Duo) can do that. (i.e. Acer Timeline)
Aug 24, 2006
64 posts
119 upvotes
Scarborough
xGambitx wrote: yea I was talking about HD youtube. I thought it should have been able to play those vids.

How did you install windows 7? is it running smooth? did you upgrade the ram or is it still 1gb?
As kingofwale said, I don't think there's any Atom out there right now that can play Youtube HD well, mainly because their videos rely on the power of the CPU and not the combination of CPU and GPU. If you downloaded the Youtube vid and played it locally, it should run a lot smoother.

I installed Windows 7 using a USB drive. There's a bunch of links available on how to do it so it shouldn't be too difficult. It didn't take too long to install (not that I was timing it or anything) and, also, make sure the size of your USB drive is 4gb or more if you're going to install via USB drive.

Yep, upgraded to 2GB memory. It was on sale at Newegg for 27.49 or something like that and I PM'ed at NCIX since shipping was cheaper and the fact that they only charge 5% (?) tax.
Sep 11, 2009
339 posts
32 upvotes
Thornhill
Do we acutally have to call lenovo to check the status of our EPP order? The status online doesnt seem to be changing :(
Mar 23, 2004
39308 posts
5290 upvotes
Markham
rmtrmt wrote: Do we acutally have to call lenovo to check the status of our EPP order? The status online doesnt seem to be changing :(
yes. But according to some ppl they were able to trace it at lenovo australia...didnt work for me thou.
Sep 11, 2009
339 posts
32 upvotes
Thornhill
ok ....but they do tell you when its shipped dont they? I would like to be home when the UPS guy comes to deliver it.
Mar 23, 2004
39308 posts
5290 upvotes
Markham
rmtrmt wrote: ok ....but they do tell you when its shipped dont they? I would like to be home when the UPS guy comes to deliver it.
YES they will give u a tracking # once it's shipped. And yes u will have to call in to get it iirc.
Sep 11, 2009
339 posts
32 upvotes
Thornhill
angel_wing0 wrote: YES they will give u a tracking # once it's shipped. And yes u will have to call in to get it iirc.
k, thanks :D . Someone should make an FAQ section on the first page, because i randomly flipped through some pages of this thread and got the same answer you said. Ppl are bound to ask the same questions in a couple of months i think :)
Mar 23, 2004
39308 posts
5290 upvotes
Markham
rmtrmt wrote: k, thanks :D . Someone should make an FAQ section on the first page, because i randomly flipped through some pages of this thread and got the same answer you said. Ppl are bound to ask the same questions in a couple of months i think :)
no problem. Just in case u are wondering, there is something called "the search function" here :D
Deal Fanatic
Jan 14, 2006
6431 posts
507 upvotes
Toronto
link in OP not working for me anymore....

[QUOTE]Invalid affinity ID entered: ibmeppfriendca [/QUOTE]

anyone else get this error?
RFD + ME = POOR