Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Lenovo Canada] ThinkPad & IdeaPad - EPP Discounted

Mar 23, 2004
37598 posts
4020 upvotes
Markham
jamgyu wrote:
Nov 9th, 2009 11:45 pm
link in OP not working for me anymore....

anyone else get this error?
works fine here...?
「もし、奇跡を起こせたら……」
Deal Guru
Jul 7, 2007
10037 posts
1088 upvotes
somebody notice a drop off in battery life for x200 (or other Lenovo) after Window 7??

I used to get around 8 hours.. now around 7 hours

not really a huge deal, but it still matters. lol
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2008
1142 posts
82 upvotes
kingofwale wrote:
Nov 10th, 2009 10:25 am
somebody notice a drop off in battery life for x200 (or other Lenovo) after Window 7??

are you 6 or 9 cell?
i got 5.5ish almost 6 yesterday programming on SAS and surfing the web
(no youtube just sites like RFD :cheesygri ) with my 6 cell so i think 9 cell probably would be a lot more , should use the power management and find out how to increase the battery life i guess
Deal Guru
Jul 7, 2007
10037 posts
1088 upvotes
FulltimeIT wrote:
Nov 10th, 2009 10:41 am
are you 6 or 9 cell?
i got 5.5ish almost 6 yesterday programming on SAS and surfing the web
(no youtube just sites like RFD :cheesygri ) with my 6 cell so i think 9 cell probably would be a lot more , should use the power management and find out how to increase the battery life i guess
9 cell. but I have my brightness on almost Max all the time. (non LED model)
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2008
1142 posts
82 upvotes
kingofwale wrote:
Nov 10th, 2009 10:51 am
9 cell. but I have my brightness on almost Max all the time. (non LED model)
o ok yea i have my brightness at almost the lowest if not 2nd lowest most of the time (LED so its acutally too bright for me if i go over half)
yea i dunno might need to wait for some1 with a 9 cell to comment i dun think 6 cell can last anywhere near 5 if i set it to near max
Deal Guru
Jul 7, 2007
10037 posts
1088 upvotes
FulltimeIT wrote:
Nov 10th, 2009 11:12 am
o ok yea i have my brightness at almost the lowest if not 2nd lowest most of the time (LED so its acutally too bright for me if i go over half)
yea i dunno might need to wait for some1 with a 9 cell to comment i dun think 6 cell can last anywhere near 5 if i set it to near max
well, it's not a huge issue by any means, I'm just surprised that Window 7 seems to drain more battery than Vista.

But hey, you don't see me complaining about the battery life (in fact, I'm quite spoiled by it, sitting where with 5 hours battery life with 80% full). I don't think I can ever go back to regular laptop with 2-3 hours battery life
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2008
1142 posts
82 upvotes
kingofwale wrote:
Nov 10th, 2009 2:13 pm
well, it's not a huge issue by any means, I'm just surprised that Window 7 seems to drain more battery than Vista.

But hey, you don't see me complaining about the battery life (in fact, I'm quite spoiled by it, sitting where with 5 hours battery life with 80% full). I don't think I can ever go back to regular laptop with 2-3 hours battery life
haha yea my x200 with 6 cell beat my gf's Sony Vaio (although 1 yr old still is a core2duo pretty top end) by a solid 2 hours at least she ran out of battery and i had 2hourish left when we were at a coffee shop the other day

I did a clean install of windows 7 right away when i got it so i dunno the vista battery life
Dec 26, 2007
394 posts
115 upvotes
Montreal
RMSimard wrote:
Nov 6th, 2009 2:37 pm
Just a heads up: I've finally received my confirmation email today stating that my "free" Windows 7 upgrade DVD is on its way from Lenovo (Mentor Media). Ordered on October 16th and my order number was around 415000.
Received it on November 10th, so 4 days in transit from Mentor Media to Montreal. At $30 USD it's overpriced of course, but at least it's here now.
Deal Addict
Jan 26, 2003
4734 posts
199 upvotes
kingofwale wrote:

Read this thread, last page or so where someone claims that the increase in power consumption for him in win7 was due to the power management driver not working correctly. Once he addressed that then power consumption became more like what it was in Vista ...

http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthr ... 90&page=12

FWIW.
He .... looka lika MAN!

I tell you every ting!

----------------------------------------------------

If you haven't figured it out yet ... i'm not a female. Have you ever watched MADtv?
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2006
1642 posts
24 upvotes
Toronto
kingofwale wrote:

i have a 6-cell with windows 7 + power management driver. switching off wireless and going to the lowest screen brightness yields me roughly 7 hrs. pretty spectacular, i would say.
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2008
4365 posts
370 upvotes
miss_swan wrote:
Nov 10th, 2009 4:38 pm
Read this thread, last page or so where someone claims that the increase in power consumption for him in win7 was due to the power management driver not working correctly. Once he addressed that then power consumption became more like what it was in Vista ...

http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthr ... 90&page=12

FWIW.
cache wrote:
Nov 10th, 2009 5:32 pm
i have a 6-cell with windows 7 + power management driver. switching off wireless and going to the lowest screen brightness yields me roughly 7 hrs. pretty spectacular, i would say.
i reinstalled win7 pro again a few days ago, this time with the some of the updated lenovo drivers like system protection, system update, utilitynav or whatever its called (horay for my mute button and scroll working again) and power manager utility + power management driver. Im no longer getting 9+hrs though, instead about 8:50 approx. Could it be that the power utility is conflicting with windows power options which i used exclusively before. Are you guys using the power manager utility and driver or just the driver? thanks.
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2007
3604 posts
135 upvotes
Toronto
so no fingerprint reader software available on win7? =(
Mar 23, 2004
37598 posts
4020 upvotes
Markham
elton5354 wrote:
Nov 10th, 2009 7:47 pm
so no fingerprint reader software available on win7? =(
there is...on my t400 at least ;)
「もし、奇跡を起こせたら……」
Jul 13, 2006
794 posts
32 upvotes
angel_wing0 wrote:
Nov 10th, 2009 8:01 pm
there is...on my t400 at least ;)

How much did you pay for your T400? I have ralatives in the US so I am wondering if I should get it through the lenovo cpp site in the US
Deal Fanatic
Jan 30, 2006
9858 posts
1014 upvotes
Vancouver
Can someone please clarify the cheapest CODES to use for the SL series? I have used the OP link and I configure the SL but only see one discounted price upon checkout.

Is there another code for more discount?

Thanks for clarifying

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

LeonPhelps