Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Lenovo Canada] ThinkPad & IdeaPad - EPP Discounted

Jul 16, 2009
16 posts
Quebec
Eyeman wrote: Visaperks is a joke. The only models they let you buy are crappy and the discount is never near 30%.
It seems that the Visa Business get you the best deals. The base price is lower (discounted for business) and you get up to 20% rebate over that. I went thru the checking process (without buying) and it seems that it is not needed to buy with a business Visa card.

http://visa.ca/vsfb/offer/Lenovo/index.jsp

Edit: it's not clear to me if it's a mail-in rebate or an instant rebate. The fine print suggest it's a mail-in rebate sent to you only if you buy using a visa business card but my cart suggest otherwise.
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2008
1255 posts
386 upvotes
^^ Not true in my case..

I can get W series thinkpad with 120 GB SSD for 1500 with EPP and CAEENHANCEDSALE whereas it costs me 1700 with that visa link and coupon.. :-0
Jul 16, 2009
16 posts
Quebec
What are we supposed to do with the pass code? (FNDEPP). I don't see any textbox to enter that.
Jan 14, 2007
997 posts
118 upvotes
Jackinbox wrote: What are we supposed to do with the pass code? (FNDEPP). I don't see any textbox to enter that.
Not sure if this applies to you but if you've logged into the EPP site recently, your computer will remember the passcode and you won't get the page where you have to enter it.
Jul 16, 2009
16 posts
Quebec
Kanus wrote: Not sure if this applies to you but if you've logged into the EPP site recently, your computer will remember the passcode and you won't get the page where you have to enter it.
I see that the passcode is already in the url I clicked on. That's why I didn't have to enter it.
Aug 29, 2005
592 posts
104 upvotes
the layout of the website is really confusing.

I was checking r500, in the network card section,

there is comment in read under the first option

Intel WiFi Link 5100
Selecting this option may delay your shipment more than 4 weeks.

Intel WiFi Link 5300 [add $17.00] [Lenovo recommended]

Does this note belongs to the first option or the second one?
Jul 13, 2006
817 posts
42 upvotes
Looking to buy a T400 soon any good deals either in Canada or US ?
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2007
3607 posts
135 upvotes
GTA
Hm I updated all the drivers I think I need..the buttons such as mute doesn't work. It also doesn't show on the screen when I turn up the volume..I also updated the THINKVANTAGE driver, still when I press on that button, it doesn't show up...

I'm using X200 btw..
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2002
1622 posts
260 upvotes
Montreal
elton5354 wrote: Hm I updated all the drivers I think I need..the buttons such as mute doesn't work. It also doesn't show on the screen when I turn up the volume..I also updated the THINKVANTAGE driver, still when I press on that button, it doesn't show up...

I'm using X200 btw..
Did you install the hotkeys drivers?
I think you also need the system interface drivers too.
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2007
3607 posts
135 upvotes
GTA
gambit_360 wrote: Did you install the hotkeys drivers?
I think you also need the system interface drivers too.
Yeah..i got those 2 already as well..well i got thinkvantage to work now, but not the mute to show/work or when i increase volume/brightness, it doesn't show on screen
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2005
1483 posts
114 upvotes
elton5354 wrote: Yeah..i got those 2 already as well..well i got thinkvantage to work now, but not the mute to show/work or when i increase volume/brightness, it doesn't show on screen
The order in which you install the drivers matters. You need to install the system interface driver BEFORE you install the hotkey drivers!

It's really dumb.
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2007
3607 posts
135 upvotes
GTA
akwok wrote: The order in which you install the drivers matters. You need to install the system interface driver BEFORE you install the hotkey drivers!

It's really dumb.
just tried that..doesn't work too lol > :(
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2006
3816 posts
108 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON
1. System interface drivers
2. Hotkey Drivers
3. ATK hotkey software

the last 2 are different downloads/installations.

question: Did they fix the flex in the wrist rest area on the SL410??? Because i know the SL400 flex's and creeks like crazy when your palm is pressing on it.
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2007
3607 posts
135 upvotes
GTA
ShaTR wrote: 1. System interface drivers
2. Hotkey Drivers
3. ATK hotkey software

the last 2 are different downloads/installations.

question: Did they fix the flex in the wrist rest area on the SL410??? Because i know the SL400 flex's and creeks like crazy when your palm is pressing on it.

there's no such option for me on that ATK hotkey. only hotkey driver
Jul 16, 2009
16 posts
Quebec
UTSC wrote: Looking to buy a T400 soon any good deals either in Canada or US ?
If you have a Visa Business card, use the link on this page to go to the visa business section of the Lenovo website:
http://visa.ca/vsfb/offer/Lenovo/index.jsp

If you don't see "visa small business" at the top of the lenovo website, clean your browser cache and try again. Then, go select the T400 you wish. Use the coupon CAXVISA1112

This coupon should get you about 22% off.

I might try to place an order without a business card since I doubt their system really look for that info.

EDIT:

You can get a better deal we the employee rebate. Load your T400 up to 1500$ and apply the coupon CAPEMPLOYEE and get 30% off.