Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Lenovo Canada] ThinkPad & IdeaPad - EPP Discounted

Deal Guru
Jul 7, 2007
10127 posts
1215 upvotes
no offense to anyone who wants to keep their laptop for 5-6 years. I just bought a x200 here. And take my words for it. You will outgrow your laptop more likely than it will crap out on you.

3 years is a good time. Who the heck wants to carry around a 5 year old laptop with them???

Go with the cheaper one.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2002
1620 posts
254 upvotes
Montreal
corollace wrote: I don't think SL would be cheaper than 25% off one week ago. That's the time to buy SL series.
Even T series, a couple of weeks ago, you could get 30% off when you configure over $1300. that's better if you configure over $1300 which is easier to upgrade.
You should check again. These coupons are on top of the EPP price.
With some of the configs, you're doing well over 30% off the normal consumer price. Plus, factor in that there is absolutely no minimum purchase which allows you to pretty much configure your laptop however you want.
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2008
1181 posts
111 upvotes
kingofwale wrote: no offense to anyone who wants to keep their laptop for 5-6 years. I just bought a x200 here. And take my words for it. You will outgrow your laptop more likely than it will crap out on you.

3 years is a good time. Who the heck wants to carry around a 5 year old laptop with them???

Go with the cheaper one.
I have a 4.5 year old dell inspiron i bought wayy back in 1st year university lol its still aight but I prolly expect my x200 to at least be useful that long without becoming a slow piece of *** like that inspiron, I guess cuz i just got it and its new and all, i dun see why i wont be using this in 5 years, hard to out grow a business laptop lol.
Jul 12, 2004
489 posts
14 upvotes
Toronto
lenovo at this price range is very good deal. Build quality is lot better than others. I'll get SL with good config to save $$$. I've notebook over 10 yrs unless u drop it usually they last long enough.
Jun 15, 2008
58 posts
3 upvotes
Oversight, would you mind posting how it went with them, if you are able to get through to them today.

thanks
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2004
1030 posts
18 upvotes
gambit_360 wrote: You should check again. These coupons are on top of the EPP price.
With some of the configs, you're doing well over 30% off the normal consumer price. Plus, factor in that there is absolutely no minimum purchase which allows you to pretty much configure your laptop however you want.
You are completely wrong. The EEP price isn't that much lower. The 25% off the "regular price" is much lower. The base SL510, for example, was $487 with 25% off the non-EPP price and $517 with the EPP price and 16%.
Aug 29, 2005
565 posts
90 upvotes
Eyeman wrote: You are completely wrong. The EEP price isn't that much lower. The 25% off the "regular price" is much lower. The base SL510, for example, was $487 with 25% off the non-EPP price and $517 with the EPP price and 16%.
no, you are wrong. the discount is around 24% instead of 16%.
Oct 5, 2009
134 posts
I ordered an SL410 a week ago when the 1-day only RFD coupon opened up. For about $735, I got the following specs:

Intel Core 2 Duo P7570 @ 2.26GHz 1066MHz 3MBL2
Windows 7 64
4GB RAM
320GB Hard Disk, 5400rpm
6cell battery
Integrated camera

I ordered the Intel WiFi Link 1000. Should've gone with the 5100 for $10 more but at the time didn't think there was much of a difference. Are there issues/problems with the 1000 that justify cancelling the order and re-ordering just to get the 5100?
Oct 26, 2009
8 posts
toronto
I ordered sl510 on Oct 28,2009, I got this laptop yesterday ( actually Ups deliveryed it on Nov 17th,2009, but I were not home.) So far so good.

SL510
Intel Core2 Duo P7570 (2.26 Ghz CPU)
2 GB Ram
250 GB HD
15.6 HD antiglare
Win7 professinal
DVD ROM + Burner
Integrated Camera
Built in Wifi
Bluetooth
Memory Card Reader
6 Cell Battery

The total is around 730 dollar.

The 6 cell battery did not stick out. I think because of the 15.6 screen and the laptop has more space for the battery. It looks big.
It took 20 days to get it from ordering it online.
Oct 26, 2009
8 posts
toronto
forget one thing. In the back of laptop, there is a space that you can put SIM card inside. I like that. That means one day if I put cellphone SIM card inside, then I can connect everywhere.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2002
1620 posts
254 upvotes
Montreal
Eyeman wrote: You are completely wrong. The EEP price isn't that much lower. The 25% off the "regular price" is much lower. The base SL510, for example, was $487 with 25% off the non-EPP price and $517 with the EPP price and 16%.
Not sure if you can compare it that way since to get the non-EPP 25%, you needed to make a $850 config. That meant forcing you to buy $200 worth of extra accessories.

In any case, there's currently a coupon error on the SL-series. It's giving like 23-25% off depending on the config. The Enhanced SL510 is going for $468 now.
Jun 22, 2009
221 posts
32 upvotes
Fort Mac
KARAMBA wrote: Oversight, would you mind posting how it went with them, if you are able to get through to them today.

thanks
Update:

I called Lenovo sales this morning and spoke to a woman named Joanne.

She said that if there is a screen cap and a time confirmation of when the cap was taken, she can likely match the price.

I sent her the screen cap and the best I could muster for a time stamp, and a fairly detailed description of the situation and what I would like to see from it.

She said that the manager has to approve any price alterations, so ultimately I think it will depend on the manager's mood today lol - it's Friday so I'm hoping it's good!

I'm still waiting to hear back (emailed about 2 hours ago), but I'm hopeful that the fact that I'm buying two SL410's will make it easier to push through.

I'll update again once I know more.
Jun 22, 2009
221 posts
32 upvotes
Fort Mac
marcopolo85 wrote: Save on tax this weekend
coupon code CAPSAVETHETAX
Can't get this to apply in the cart, are there restrictions?
Nov 16, 2006
786 posts
290 upvotes
Somewhere between Mi…
Original poster's EPP link not working!!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)