Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Lenovo Canada] ThinkPad & IdeaPad - EPP Discounted

Oct 25, 2004
105 posts
12 upvotes
gkouzev wrote: Do you have the 1440x900 resolution screen?
I have a T400s with a 1440x900 res screen and I have no issues with it at all
Oct 15, 2005
810 posts
4 upvotes
Bob_McBob wrote: I just got a brand new T400s, and the screen is so bad that I'm probably going to return it and eat the $250 restocking fee if necessary. Anyone want a new T400s?

My brother also has one, and his screen is bad, but not THIS bad. It turns out he has a different panel, and I got stuck with the worst LCD I've ever seen in my life. It's the panel in this review. 98:1 contrast, incredibly poor viewing angles and black level. I can't find a vertical viewing angle that doesn't get me a striking top to bottom gradient from dark to bleached grey, or negative image to dark.

It's a real shame, because the T400s is otherwise a brilliant laptop. You can tell Lenovo really put a lot of thought into the new design features. It just makes me feel like vomiting every time I open it.

I'm thinking of going the X200 route and performing the AFFS panel mod.
what display did you get?
Sep 26, 2009
54 posts
1 upvote
rohit91 wrote: lol no

Not many people need a large harddrive in their laptop. I'd use an external harddrive if I wanted to watch a lot of media (which I don't plan to do) on my laptop.
yeah but i dont have a desktop, or an external..

why do you prefer an external?

will a 500gig internal make the laptop slower or much heavier?

need help pls!
Feb 27, 2008
999 posts
468 upvotes
Prince Edward County…
It's way better, AFAIK, to have a 500 gig drive with 300 gigs of data on it, than a 320 gig drive with 300 gigs on it... a full drive runs poorly.

So if you are going to need the room at some point, better err on the side of bigger if you can. Who knows what giant killer apps and scrumtious data you may want on there?
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2007
2704 posts
504 upvotes
Markham
MooseOnLoose wrote: It's way better, AFAIK, to have a 500 gig drive with 300 gigs of data on it, than a 320 gig drive with 300 gigs on it... a full drive runs poorly.
Yes...u have to look at the price difference one has to pay and the speed of the drive. I would just buy a larger one and replace the one in Lenovo (500 7,200, going for $110)..and use the smaller drive with a $15 case as an external...

On my T500, I change the drive from my 7200 to the lower speed when I take her out due to the battery time..
Deal Fanatic
Aug 21, 2007
5400 posts
412 upvotes
Markham
edit: please delete as source asked to remove
Deal Fanatic
Aug 21, 2007
5400 posts
412 upvotes
Markham
angel_wing0 wrote: holyshit! that alone deserves a new thread! :eek:
could u pls delete this post, as source asked to remove!

I dont want to get in trouble.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 21, 2007
5400 posts
412 upvotes
Markham
angel_wing0 wrote: done.
Thanks very much, it is greatly appreciated.

If I can find a different way of getting this back up I will.
Jul 10, 2006
499 posts
24 upvotes
What's the best deal on a non-gaming Lenovo at the moment? My budget is up to about $600, though I'd prefer to use about $500 or less.

Thanks!
Aug 22, 2005
95 posts
90 upvotes
adeel wrote: Thanks very much, it is greatly appreciated.

If I can find a different way of getting this back up I will.
Too bad I missed your post. Hope you can get it back quickly. :)