Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Lenovo Canada] ThinkPad & IdeaPad - EPP Discounted

Mar 23, 2004
39711 posts
5824 upvotes
Markham
TheGame wrote: What do you expect for BTS? What has it been in previous years?

While we're on the subject, if my time horizon is one year, when are the best discounts offered?
I got a loaded T400 (i7, everything highest specs) back in 2013..so now expecting a loaded T460.

BTS, BF, BD
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2006
8277 posts
3479 upvotes
Markham
angel_wing0 wrote: Let's just look at BTS first, it's in two months. Loaded laptops...
Well I'm certainly tempted to pull the trigger for the X1 Tablet even though I set my target for BF, memory serves the Helix never surpassed 25% and that was near EOL.
May 8, 2002
786 posts
112 upvotes
I plan on getting a Thinkpad P50. The current discount is 28%. Anybody know if I should wait a few months to hopefully get a bigger discount? Anyway to get cashback on top of the EPP?
Mar 23, 2004
39711 posts
5824 upvotes
Markham
The Kid wrote: I plan on getting a Thinkpad P50. The current discount is 28%. Anybody know if I should wait a few months to hopefully get a bigger discount? Anyway to get cashback on top of the EPP?
wait till BTS sales imo.
Jun 23, 2003
361 posts
147 upvotes
Sounding like a broken record, but I think its been close to a year since "SAV10/15/20THINKPAD" codes worked in unison with the EPP site, unfortunately.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2006
8277 posts
3479 upvotes
Markham
Aligeeeeeee wrote: Thinkpad x1 tablet price dropped to 960
Mind you that price is WITHOUT the keyboard. In CTO they made it optional, unlike retail units.
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2011
1613 posts
855 upvotes
Vancouver
Thinkpad 13 ($740) looks like a good replacement of my x220. Reviews have been pretty good so far, especially the keyboard.

Being able to have a USB C charger for phone & laptop when travelling would be nice.
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2010
4276 posts
1760 upvotes
AB
Sypsy wrote: Thinkpad 13 ($740) looks like a good replacement of my x220. Reviews have been pretty good so far, especially the keyboard.
Being able to have a USB C charger for phone & laptop when travelling would be nice.
Well, you can't yet with this Thinkpad 13, but it's coming I think. For example, Asus ZenBook 3 is charged thru the Type-C port, which is also used for data and charging other stuff. Too bad it has only one USB port, a bit crazy.
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2011
1613 posts
855 upvotes
Vancouver
ciuvak wrote: Well, you can't yet with this Thinkpad 13, but it's coming I think. For example, Asus ZenBook 3 is charged thru the Type-C port, which is also used for data and charging other stuff. Too bad it has only one USB port, a bit crazy.
I've been reading about the thinkpad 13, so this review specifically addresses it:
The ThinkPad 13 packs in plenty of full-size ports, including a USB Type-C connector that you can use for data, video output or charging. Though the laptop comes with a proprietary Lenovo power brick and connector, we successfully used it with an Innergie PowerGear USB-C charger.

Of course, being able to consolidate chargers isn't enough of a reason to go and buy a laptop, but it's definitely a nice to have.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2006
8277 posts
3479 upvotes
Markham
Seems like some sale is going on now, everything got cranked up to 30%.
Temp. Banned
Feb 28, 2005
3169 posts
1183 upvotes
Montreal
ToniCipriani wrote: Seems like some sale is going on now, everything got cranked up to 30%.
yeah you're right... I compared this EPP vs the CPA discount, comes out the same price-wise, are the terms of sale the same?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2006
8277 posts
3479 upvotes
Markham
marc_t wrote: yeah you're right... I compared this EPP vs the CPA discount, comes out the same price-wise, are the terms of sale the same?
Think both of them are offering 30% now... not sure what you mean by terms? You mean eligibility?

Last time I ordered my X120e via FNDEPP, they didn't ask anything.