Ongoing Deal Discussion

Lenovo Canada

Locked: ThinkPad & IdeaPad - EPP Discounted

Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2010
4578 posts
1999 upvotes
AB
macalin wrote: Submitted a cash back enquiry last week but haven't heard back yet.
Recently received an email from Lenovo regarding shipping delays. Has anyone been able to nab additional credits for the delays similar to Dell?
Yes, if they miss the initial delivery dates, try to call or chat and ask for compensation. The usual is $100 refund directly to credit card.
Jul 2, 2003
615 posts
398 upvotes
GTA
ciuvak wrote: Yes, if they miss the initial delivery dates, try to call or chat and ask for compensation. The usual is $100 refund directly to credit card.
This is missing delivery date or ship date? My order was originally quoted to ship Dec 7, arrive Dec 11. Got an email saying expect it to ship Dec 8 (no arrival date given). So if they deliver after the 11th I have a case? Do you ask for compensation as soon as the original delivery date is missed or wait for the order to arrive?
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2010
4578 posts
1999 upvotes
AB
waz wrote: This is missing delivery date or ship date? My order was originally quoted to ship Dec 7, arrive Dec 11. Got an email saying expect it to ship Dec 8 (no arrival date given). So if they deliver after the 11th I have a case? Do you ask for compensation as soon as the original delivery date is missed or wait for the order to arrive?
Seems reasonable that if Dec 11th was actually listed as the delivery day, but the item hasn't arrived, you'd have a case to complain. Get in touch with them on the 12th in the morning and see if they will compensate.
Dec 3, 2020
310 posts
238 upvotes
No cashback for me either
When placing the order the Rakuten extension said "the 12% cashback is active"
Nov 15, 2006
533 posts
108 upvotes
ciuvak wrote: Yes, if they miss the initial delivery dates, try to call or chat and ask for compensation. The usual is $100 refund directly to credit card.
So I finally got a shipment confirmation email, and estimated delivery (based on UPS tracking #) which were one and three days off the initial shipment/delivery dates.

So I took my chances and contacted Lenovo through their chat feature. Managed a $41 credit/refund without much hassle which I accepted.

I'm sure the rfd pro hagglers will do better
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2018
1804 posts
2848 upvotes
Canada, eh?
Anyone know from experience if boxing week will be cheaper than normal EPP prices for some laptops and monitors?
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2001
1418 posts
940 upvotes
Vancouver
I received an email that my X1 Nano i7 would be delayed and was provided a quote for the i5 version which can be shipped within a week, but I would rather wait for my original configuration. I chatted in to ask for compensation and was told all I could get was 64,000 Lenovo points?!? Is there some specific department I should be calling?
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2010
4578 posts
1999 upvotes
AB
AEmgee wrote: I received an email that my X1 Nano i7 would be delayed and was provided a quote for the i5 version which can be shipped within a week, but I would rather wait for my original configuration. I chatted in to ask for compensation and was told all I could get was 64,000 Lenovo points?!? Is there some specific department I should be calling?
No, just regular customer service. Try chat or call.
My tip was just to say that if anyone's order gets delayed, don't just sit and wait, but try to get a bit of a refund as compensation.
Not sure about the points, must be some sort of a new reward system introduced recently? Did you check what is the value of points?
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2004
1818 posts
1731 upvotes
Anyone aware of 'deal' links (aka Perkopolis) for the 7i 14" / 15 " ?
Oct 12, 2015
428 posts
507 upvotes
Ottawa
The price in preview vs in the cart is different.
Capture.JPG

What am I missing?

Capture2.JPG
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2010
4578 posts
1999 upvotes
AB
Not sure if this was already posted elsewhere, but I wasn't aware of this fact, so there are probably other people who also don't know.
"Lenovo Price Guarantee (After Purchase)" terms are found here https://www.lenovo.com/ca/en/shopping-faq/#payments
Basically the refund is the difference between the lower vs the higher price, but will not have taxes also refunded.
Usually with any other vendors in Canada I've dealt with, they give the price difference plus tax. Which makes sense because the item now costs less and the customer should only pay taxes on that new lower price.
But I guess Lenovo wants to do it differently. They refund the price difference, but without the tax. They say it's because they pass on the tax to the government on the original price that item was sold at, so they don't revise the original sale invoice. And that the price guarantee refund, is just more of an internal promo, a refund they offer to the customer as a goodwill gesture. I guess this explanation makes sense legally.
Does anyone else have experience with the price adjustment with them? Did you also get the tax refunded, or not?
Nov 14, 2003
704 posts
482 upvotes
Toronto
ciuvak wrote: Not sure if this was already posted elsewhere, but I wasn't aware of this fact, so there are probably other people who also don't know.
"Lenovo Price Guarantee (After Purchase)" terms are found here https://www.lenovo.com/ca/en/shopping-faq/#payments
Basically the refund is the difference between the lower vs the higher price, but will not have taxes also refunded.
Usually with any other vendors in Canada I've dealt with, they give the price difference plus tax. Which makes sense because the item now costs less and the customer should only pay taxes on that new lower price.
But I guess Lenovo wants to do it differently. They refund the price difference, but without the tax. They say it's because they pass on the tax to the government on the original price that item was sold at, so they don't revise the original sale invoice. And that the price guarantee refund, is just more of an internal promo, a refund they offer to the customer as a goodwill gesture. I guess this explanation makes sense legally.
Does anyone else have experience with the price adjustment with them? Did you also get the tax refunded, or not?
Got a price adjustment Nov 2020; exactly per policy, just the product price, not the tax. In spite of what they told you, I'm sure they recoup the tax. In theory, I could have done a return and repurchase, but I had already done a lot of install and customize.
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2010
4578 posts
1999 upvotes
AB
Cnsultnt wrote: Got a price adjustment Nov 2020; exactly per policy, just the product price, not the tax. In spite of what they told you, I'm sure they recoup the tax. In theory, I could have done a return and repurchase, but I had already done a lot of install and customize.
OK, thanks. Good to have another example. At least I know I'm not getting wrong information from customer service.
It definitely might be better to just re-purchase when you see the lowest price, and cancel or return the first order. The rep I emailed even said the same, to just re-order next time and return. So much waste.
I think most people who will rely on the price match option, will be expecting the usual price difference + tax, like from most other Canadian vendors, but then be surprised that the refund is actually less than expected.
Feb 22, 2021
13 posts
18 upvotes
Anyone have the new password?
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
23201 posts
2329 upvotes
Singapore
red773 wrote: Anyone have the new password?
Does anyone here know what the latest password is?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2004
6433 posts
1239 upvotes
Canada
Does anyone have the new password?
Thanks!
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2009
8554 posts
5570 upvotes
Trudostan
ciuvak wrote: Does anyone else have experience with the price adjustment with them? Did you also get the tax refunded, or not?
My experience was that they wouldn't honor their own price adjustment policy, had to return/rebuy. This was for a C32q-20 monitor from last year's November deals, initially they said the policy excludes accessories and is only for PCs, kept reading me scripts, eventually caved and said they'll do it, and then stopped replying.
SAMSUNG SUCKS! NO SSD WARRANTY IN CANADA > https://forums.redflagdeals.com/has-any ... d-2098075/
Aug 25, 2006
356 posts
154 upvotes
Cambridge
There are some good ideal by lenovo today:
ThinkPad T14s Gen 2 AMD (14”) - Black: $1614 ships in couple days
AMD Ryzen™ 5 Pro 5650U
16GB memory
512GB SSD

ThinkPad P14s Gen 2 AMD (14") - Mobile Workstation: $1449 ships in 4 months
AMD Ryzen™ 5 Pro 5650U (+$100 to upgrade to ryzen 7)
16GB memory
512GB SSD

I see 8% rakuten on lenovo today too
[solicitation removed]
Dec 20, 2006
804 posts
598 upvotes
angel_wing0 wrote: It seems perkopolis gives better prices than epp now, how sad.
Yeah, that's kinda weird. OP should be updated to reflect that.