Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Lenovo Canada] ThinkPad & IdeaPad - EPP Discounted

Deal Fanatic
May 15, 2016
6537 posts
2183 upvotes
Are people submitting cashback so early? Have you gotten the receipt yet? I thought you were suppose to do after 90 days if no show?
Deal Fanatic
May 17, 2006
6530 posts
2416 upvotes
GTA
vivibaby wrote: Are people submitting cashback so early? Have you gotten the receipt yet? I thought you were suppose to do after 90 days if no show?
its an auto affiliate cashback, if there is a problem you can send an inquiry. The loophole for lenovo and ebates/rakuten i suppose is that they claim days beyond the return period so people are Shiebe out of luck if it doesnt pan out. 12% is a lot of money for 1-2 units! I am not sure why it did not auto add the cashback for me but i am trying to see if others have the auto cashback added or its a peek into things to come where they claim cashback increase and don't give the cashback.
Nov 15, 2006
498 posts
69 upvotes
Submitted a cash back enquiry last week but haven't heard back yet.

Recently received an email from Lenovo regarding shipping delays. Has anyone been able to nab additional credits for the delays similar to Dell?
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2010
4502 posts
1945 upvotes
AB
macalin wrote: Submitted a cash back enquiry last week but haven't heard back yet.
Recently received an email from Lenovo regarding shipping delays. Has anyone been able to nab additional credits for the delays similar to Dell?
Yes, if they miss the initial delivery dates, try to call or chat and ask for compensation. The usual is $100 refund directly to credit card.
Jul 2, 2003
561 posts
324 upvotes
GTA
ciuvak wrote: Yes, if they miss the initial delivery dates, try to call or chat and ask for compensation. The usual is $100 refund directly to credit card.
This is missing delivery date or ship date? My order was originally quoted to ship Dec 7, arrive Dec 11. Got an email saying expect it to ship Dec 8 (no arrival date given). So if they deliver after the 11th I have a case? Do you ask for compensation as soon as the original delivery date is missed or wait for the order to arrive?
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2010
4502 posts
1945 upvotes
AB
waz wrote: This is missing delivery date or ship date? My order was originally quoted to ship Dec 7, arrive Dec 11. Got an email saying expect it to ship Dec 8 (no arrival date given). So if they deliver after the 11th I have a case? Do you ask for compensation as soon as the original delivery date is missed or wait for the order to arrive?
Seems reasonable that if Dec 11th was actually listed as the delivery day, but the item hasn't arrived, you'd have a case to complain. Get in touch with them on the 12th in the morning and see if they will compensate.
Dec 3, 2020
16 posts
10 upvotes
No cashback for me either
When placing the order the Rakuten extension said "the 12% cashback is active"
Nov 15, 2006
498 posts
69 upvotes
ciuvak wrote: Yes, if they miss the initial delivery dates, try to call or chat and ask for compensation. The usual is $100 refund directly to credit card.
So I finally got a shipment confirmation email, and estimated delivery (based on UPS tracking #) which were one and three days off the initial shipment/delivery dates.

So I took my chances and contacted Lenovo through their chat feature. Managed a $41 credit/refund without much hassle which I accepted.

I'm sure the rfd pro hagglers will do better
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2018
1254 posts
1866 upvotes
Canada, eh?
Anyone know from experience if boxing week will be cheaper than normal EPP prices for some laptops and monitors?
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2001
1180 posts
725 upvotes
Vancouver
I received an email that my X1 Nano i7 would be delayed and was provided a quote for the i5 version which can be shipped within a week, but I would rather wait for my original configuration. I chatted in to ask for compensation and was told all I could get was 64,000 Lenovo points?!? Is there some specific department I should be calling?
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2010
4502 posts
1945 upvotes
AB
AEmgee wrote: I received an email that my X1 Nano i7 would be delayed and was provided a quote for the i5 version which can be shipped within a week, but I would rather wait for my original configuration. I chatted in to ask for compensation and was told all I could get was 64,000 Lenovo points?!? Is there some specific department I should be calling?
No, just regular customer service. Try chat or call.
My tip was just to say that if anyone's order gets delayed, don't just sit and wait, but try to get a bit of a refund as compensation.
Not sure about the points, must be some sort of a new reward system introduced recently? Did you check what is the value of points?
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2004
1498 posts
1354 upvotes
Anyone aware of 'deal' links (aka Perkopolis) for the 7i 14" / 15 " ?
Oct 12, 2015
328 posts
347 upvotes
Ottawa
The price in preview vs in the cart is different.
Capture.JPG

What am I missing?

Capture2.JPG