Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Lenovo Canada] ThinkPad & IdeaPad - EPP Discounted

Member
Oct 18, 2016
363 posts
203 upvotes
Wow, 15% Ebates on the decent EPP pricing would be a hell of a deal. Beats most deals that Dell, MS Store or Best Buy runs.
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2012
2895 posts
2263 upvotes
Toronto
plucky duck wrote: It’s a YMMF situation, not guaranteed and technically not allowed, but page 610 or 610 tells you how to at least try to make it happen ;). I’ve had 2 of 3 orders gone thru EPP with ebates coming back to me so doesn’t hurt to at least try!
how is that possible? ebates uses a different link than EPP link and you have to stay on the ebates lenovo link and finish your purchase there. unless you can somehow route to the EPP link through the ebates link
Deal Fanatic
Aug 21, 2007
5327 posts
378 upvotes
Markham
dracolnyte wrote: how is that possible? ebates uses a different link than EPP link and you have to stay on the ebates lenovo link and finish your purchase there. unless you can somehow route to the EPP link through the ebates link
i belive it was something like create a quote (or have one created) via the EPP site...use the ebates link and then retrieve the quote and finish it off
Sr. Member
Jan 31, 2018
508 posts
953 upvotes
Winnipeg
dracolnyte wrote: how is that possible? ebates uses a different link than EPP link and you have to stay on the ebates lenovo link and finish your purchase there. unless you can somehow route to the EPP link through the ebates link
The procedure described earlier seems to be......

Go through the EPP site
Log into your Lenovo account
Create a cart with your purchases
Have your EPP cart converted to a quote by a live chat agent
Access Lenovo through the ebates link
Log back into your account
Add the quote to cart
Receive ebates on EPP

Note that I have not done this, just summarising and surmising from the previous advice I read.
Member
Aug 8, 2007
323 posts
173 upvotes
When you do that the web address changes to the ibmeppfriendca one, not sure if that matters or they have changed this now? Oh and there is also a 5% off coupon that has been added to be site.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2001
4310 posts
402 upvotes
Calgary
Celebrate10 is live and works on EPP site now.

Previously the loophole works as I am not redirected to log into the EPP site, it simply coverts to order right away. Hard to say whether that ebates loophole has been closed.
"i love my girl friend and my girl friend loves me ok so you cant love me"
Sr. Member
Nov 23, 2009
838 posts
336 upvotes
Vaughan
plucky duck wrote: Celebrate10 is live and works on EPP site now.

Previously the loophole works as I am not redirected to log into the EPP site, it simply coverts to order right away. Hard to say whether that ebates loophole has been closed.
Which loophole are you talking about?
SSD
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2001
4310 posts
402 upvotes
Calgary
arberb wrote: Which loophole are you talking about?
The one where you get to Lenovo retail site via Ebates to retrieve the quote. Previously it didn't require a redirect to EPP site to login, but for some it does. It did require me last night when I tried. But just right now I placed two separate orders using the exact same method, but miraculously it didn't redirect me to EPP for log on. We will see I guess if it shows up or not, not expecting it, but a nice bonus if it does.

Looks like celebrate10 works on the retail site, but not the EPP site. It worked at least a couple hours ago when I created my quotes.
"i love my girl friend and my girl friend loves me ok so you cant love me"
Member
Dec 10, 2017
217 posts
135 upvotes
Toronto
plucky duck wrote: The one where you get to Lenovo retail site via Ebates to retrieve the quote. Previously it didn't require a redirect to EPP site to login, but for some it does. It did require me last night when I tried. But just right now I placed two separate orders using the exact same method, but miraculously it didn't redirect me to EPP for log on. We will see I guess if it shows up or not, not expecting it, but a nice bonus if it does.

Looks like celebrate10 works on the retail site, but not the EPP site. It worked at least a couple hours ago when I created my quotes.
I can't get CELEBRATE10 now just celebrate5.

I'm looking at an x1c with i7-8550u, 16gb ram, 256ssd and HDR screen for $1634 with win 10 pro?

Can't decide if I should buy or not, says 2-3 week for delivery..
Stay Frosty'
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2001
4310 posts
402 upvotes
Calgary
krn905 wrote: I can't get CELEBRATE10 now just celebrate5.

I'm looking at an x1c with i7-8550u, 16gb ram, 256ssd and HDR screen for $1634 with win 10 pro?

Can't decide if I should buy or not, says 2-3 week for delivery..
I noticed that the celebrate10 coupon code no longer works for EPP as well. It was working when it first went live at 3am this morning. Order it now, since you're waiting anyhow, and if a better deal comes thru in 2-3 weeks then go online and cancel this one.
"i love my girl friend and my girl friend loves me ok so you cant love me"
Member
Dec 10, 2017
217 posts
135 upvotes
Toronto
plucky duck wrote: I noticed that the celebrate10 coupon code no longer works for EPP as well. It was working when it first went live at 3am this morning. Order it now, since you're waiting anyhow, and if a better deal comes thru in 2-3 weeks then go online and cancel this one.
I'm just stuck on the value vs waiting on x1e to drop in price..

I do want something thin and light but this x1e has some nasty specs and would last me a very long time.
Stay Frosty'
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2007
4628 posts
1312 upvotes
Lenovo website and customer service are wonky.

1) Website shows
Get help placing an order.
1-888-315-7408
1-888-315-7408
Monday – Friday 9am-9pm EST
Saturday 9am-5pm

Tried calling in and no telephone support.

Tried online chat and was told no telephone support today (Saturday) but there is tomorrow (Sunday). Asked twice why Sunday but not Saturday, what time is it available on Sunday and why is the info incorrect on Website. No answer from online chat rep.

2) CELEBRATE10 eCoupon code shows up when shopping on EPP site but it's invalid when you go check out. :facepalm:
Member
Jan 26, 2004
280 posts
25 upvotes
Toronto
plucky duck wrote: The one where you get to Lenovo retail site via Ebates to retrieve the quote. Previously it didn't require a redirect to EPP site to login, but for some it does. It did require me last night when I tried. But just right now I placed two separate orders using the exact same method, but miraculously it didn't redirect me to EPP for log on. We will see I guess if it shows up or not, not expecting it, but a nice bonus if it does.

Looks like celebrate10 works on the retail site, but not the EPP site. It worked at least a couple hours ago when I created my quotes.
How do you know if it works? When I converted my quote to an order I didn't get redirected anywhere to login, but the URL changed to include /ibmeppfriendca/. Will ebates still work if I complete the order?
Member
Jun 24, 2010
299 posts
84 upvotes
CELEBRATE5 is meant for the EPP site and CELEBRATE10 is meant for the regular consumer site.

If you got the CELEBRATE10 to work with EPP, then you got lucky ;)
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2001
4310 posts
402 upvotes
Calgary
Apparently some are having luck calling into Post Sales and having them apply the celebrate10 coupon manually.
"i love my girl friend and my girl friend loves me ok so you cant love me"

Top