Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Lenovo Canada] ThinkPad & IdeaPad - EPP Discounted

Dec 5, 2008
111 posts
16 upvotes
Do you know if I will have to pay for shipping fees? (I'm not sure how returning items by shipping works) Also, will I run into issues returning it if I bought it through the EPP website?
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2006
1246 posts
174 upvotes
onigiri wrote: Do you know if I will have to pay for shipping fees? (I'm not sure how returning items by shipping works) Also, will I run into issues returning it if I bought it through the EPP website?
Return shipping is free, even via EPP. You just need to get an RMA and they will send you a free shipping label by email. My label was through UPS. Just need to repack, put on label and drop off at UPS. Pretty easy and refund was reasonably quick.
May 24, 2018
62 posts
13 upvotes
Lisa finally uploaded her review. That's it! I'm officially buying the X1E on BF!

May 24, 2018
62 posts
13 upvotes
I am worried about the carbin chasis wearing and tearing quickly, because I have the e470 from work and the lid has end up with this weird shiny stain that doesn't seem to fade or wash away.
I guess I have to buy my laptop skin now before buying this laptop.
May 24, 2018
62 posts
13 upvotes
So the general consensus about the battery is 6 hours, which for me is good enough. I'll just bring myself a couple of external batteries to carry around in case I have to travel without any charging.

But really, for one hour charge at the nearest Timmie's, lol there is no worrying about battery consumption at all for me lol.
May 24, 2018
62 posts
13 upvotes
plucky duck wrote: Every quote I asked for does indicate its from ibmfriendsepp, but I still have received ebates 4 out of 5 times.
For me not to bother with Ebates, the discount would have to be 30 to 40% which I think there's a good possibility, knowing that they do 25% off occasionally. I remember buying my good old Y580 6 years ago for only 800, 50% off from its original $1600 price. And a maxed out 9570 is around the $2500 range so I hope Lenovo brings the price down to that range at least.

I love Lenovo! Thank God you guys knocked senses in me not to go through with the 9570 XPS. The horror stories alone, omg.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2001
4300 posts
397 upvotes
Calgary
The X380 is growing on me day by day, it's ability to Yoga is proving itself worthy of being a road warrior, especially without having to move away from the driver's seat or having to tuck it away on economy seating on the plane where angles and millimeters means everything. Pricing is on point for what it has to offer. Although the tablet experience is not the most ideal, for something that's meant to be a PC first and tablet second, at this price point I can certainly overlook the experience. It's not as light as the X1C, but by no means is it heavy, certainly still very mobile. As for the thermal issues I've heard about, rarely do I ever use it under full load for lengthy duration, perhaps a half hour session of gaming here and there, but even if it does throttle it's never to the point where it's noticeably affects my gaming experience.

I see that WWAN is an option now on the X380, I swear it wasn’t when I ordered it, and surely was not an option last two months! Makes me want to crack open the base and see if the antennae is there for me to get a WWAN card.

Now where's my P52 still? :(
Edit: it just shipped! So looking forward to this monster of a machine! Reminds me of my golden Dell Inspiron 8100 and Toshiba Protege days where most laptops weigh like a brick.
"i love my girl friend and my girl friend loves me ok so you cant love me"
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2001
4300 posts
397 upvotes
Calgary
Ebates back to 10% FYI guys.
Jun 24, 2010
384 posts
93 upvotes
My P52 with i7-8850h and Quadro P3200 arrived. Will let you guys know how it is after I get a chance
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2006
1246 posts
174 upvotes
perpetuus wrote: My P52 with i7-8850h and Quadro P3200 arrived. Will let you guys know how it is after I get a chance
Is it much heavier and hard to carry around compared to the X1E?
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2001
4300 posts
397 upvotes
Calgary
Look forward to what you think of the P52 perpetuus, especially the thermal throttling and the display. If you get a chance to open the bottom panel would you be able to tell if there's actually any WWAN antennaes pre-installed? Not hopeful since WWAN isn't even an option under configuration.
Last edited by plucky duck on Oct 8th, 2018 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2001
4300 posts
397 upvotes
Calgary
The X1E is 4lb I believe and the P52 is more 5.4lbs, not that significant, especially if one doesn't plan to transport the P52 frequently it shouldn't be an issue. If anything you feel it's perhaps the bulk of it than the weight, if you have to cram it into an already busy laptop bag.
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2006
1246 posts
174 upvotes
plucky duck wrote: The X1E is 4lb I believe and the P52 is more 5.4lbs, not that significant, especially if one doesn't plan to transport the P52 frequently it shouldn't be an issue. If anything you feel it's perhaps the bulk of it than the weight, if you have to cram it into an already busy laptop bag.
Thank you. Is the power supply for the P52 substantially bigger and heavier than that of the X1E?
Jun 24, 2010
384 posts
93 upvotes
plucky duck wrote: Look forward to what you think of the P52 perpetuus, especially the thermal throttling and the display. If you get a chance to open the bottom panel would you be able to tell if there's actually any WWAN antennaes pre-installed? Not hopeful since WWAN isn't even an option under configuration.
On vacation this week, but can't wait to check out the laptop when I return!
Jul 8, 2018
18 posts
17 upvotes
plucky duck wrote: The X1E is 4lb I believe and the P52 is more 5.4lbs, not that significant, especially if one doesn't plan to transport the P52 frequently it shouldn't be an issue. If anything you feel it's perhaps the bulk of it than the weight, if you have to cram it into an already busy laptop bag.
X1E 1080p model is 3.75 lbs