Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Lenovo Canada] ThinkPad & IdeaPad - EPP Discounted

May 24, 2018
60 posts
13 upvotes
Anyone know a good place to buy laptop skins for X1E? I just refuse to let it stain with grease.
Feb 6, 2017
985 posts
453 upvotes
g00f wrote:
Nov 26th, 2018 6:00 pm
If you are gonna game on it....this is a great price for an external eGPU case...I just happened to search today on RFD as I missed the original post from Troy....but super happy I could get it...and of course also bought the HP Mixed Reality headset also :).

hp-shopping-omen-hp-ga1-accelerator-egp ... #p30174518

A steal at $180...as it also is a TB3 docking station with all its inputs.
Picked it up, thanks. Guess I'll try it out and if I don't like it can always return but I think this is a good price for an accelerating + TB3 docking station too!
Feb 15, 2007
554 posts
54 upvotes
Toronto
Guys any idea where to buy myself new 32" 4k monitor for less than $500?
Ordered my X1E with 1080p screen as I normally use external screen but having tough time finding good deals on 4k screen even for BF/CM.
Based on what I've read 32" is kind of min size for 4k.
Nov 17, 2007
205 posts
14 upvotes
Thunder Bay
g00f wrote:
Nov 26th, 2018 6:00 pm
If you are gonna game on it....this is a great price for an external eGPU case...I just happened to search today on RFD as I missed the original post from Troy....but super happy I could get it...and of course also bought the HP Mixed Reality headset also :).

hp-shopping-omen-hp-ga1-accelerator-egp ... #p30174518

A steal at $180...as it also is a TB3 docking station with all its inputs.
It always says that the coupon is expired. How did you use this code?
Feb 6, 2017
985 posts
453 upvotes
tb06mar wrote:
Nov 26th, 2018 9:38 pm
It always says that the coupon is expired. How did you use this code?
I called in and was able to purchase it at $179.99, obviously I could not go through ebates since the agent processed the order on his end. They are probably closed now but if it's still on sale tomorrow, it'd be worth a shot to call in and tell them that you weren't able to use the cyber 1 day sale code when it was supposed to work.
Jan 25, 2006
286 posts
39 upvotes
Troy_McClure wrote:
Nov 25th, 2018 2:13 am
looks like i missed it, what was the P72 deal?
25% off , plus 12% ebates maybe.

I want a P72 but the configuration i want is w/p5200 graphics card so the price is close to $5000. too rich for my blood.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2011
1511 posts
566 upvotes
Mississauga
Has anyone seen ebates post for the BF day sale (regular site) yet?
Jul 14, 2004
503 posts
6 upvotes
How has everyone's shipping timeline been? I ordered on BF and my ETA is a good month away.
Feb 22, 2018
8 posts
5 upvotes
Anyone has experience doing exchanges with lenovo?

new laptop has some noticeable coil whine, how do i go about RMAing it for a new one? contact technical support or create a ticket?
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2010
3752 posts
1290 upvotes
AB
Embere wrote:
Nov 27th, 2018 6:32 pm
Anyone has experience doing exchanges with lenovo?
new laptop has some noticeable coil whine, how do i go about RMAing it for a new one? contact technical support or create a ticket?
I posted this in another thread, maybe you saw it already:
If you can still buy the second laptop at the same price, then just order a new one and request a return of the first one. Make sure you can handle the credit card charges for two laptops. From my experience it will take about 7-8 days to receive the refund from the day the laptop is received back at Lenovo warehouse.
If the price is now higher, it's better to request a replacement. I'm not sure what is the best way to do it, as I've done it only once and it was a bit harder than expected. So you might find a shortcut, but this is how I had to do it:
- call existing orders and describe the issue
- they will forward to tech issues and there you get a case number
- then back to existing orders to process a replacement. At this step you get a UPS shipping label to send the first laptop back. They also put in a new order number for the same model, but it says $0 in the invoice. You have a number of days to send back the first laptop, otherwise if you delay, Lenovo will charge you for the second laptop. That's it.
7500 free Supercharger kms on a new Tesla!
Nov 17, 2007
205 posts
14 upvotes
Thunder Bay
HN12345 wrote:
Nov 26th, 2018 9:56 pm
I called in and was able to purchase it at $179.99, obviously I could not go through ebates since the agent processed the order on his end. They are probably closed now but if it's still on sale tomorrow, it'd be worth a shot to call in and tell them that you weren't able to use the cyber 1 day sale code when it was supposed to work.
I called today and the promotion (30%) was still on. After told them the chat id (HP auto send an email about chatting history) they honored the $50 discount. Thanks.
Jul 30, 2017
20 posts
is anyone having issues with ebates cashback for Lenovo Black Friday / Cyber Monday sales?

I have purchased on Friday 23rd, and not only don't I see any cash back activity on my account, but I have also requested to find it through a special form on their website, and they're ignoring me for several days already.

*just to clarify, I was using their regular, non-EPP site for the purchase + ebates

Is that normal for ebates?
Sep 7, 2015
9 posts
Toronto, ON
Hi guys - newbie here.

I purchased a P1 from the deal (thank you very much to the OP). I have a two-parter:

1) I noticed a lot of you guys are referencing stress testing your machines or doing some analysis on whether you received what you ordered (XTU etc.) What are the tools/services you are using for these types of tests? Just want to make sure my machine is performing as it should.

2) From QC standpoint my machine looks great. However, I am receiving an error "Single Fan Error" whenever i bootup my machine after restarting, shutting down and waking it up. Is anyone familiar or having this this issue as well?

Thanks in advance.
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2010
3752 posts
1290 upvotes
AB
10Karma wrote:
Nov 28th, 2018 11:19 am
Hi guys - newbie here.
I purchased a P1 from the deal (thank you very much to the OP). I have a two-parter:
1) I noticed a lot of you guys are referencing stress testing your machines or doing some analysis on whether you received what you ordered (XTU etc.) What are the tools/services you are using for these types of tests? Just want to make sure my machine is performing as it should.
2) From QC standpoint my machine looks great. However, I am receiving an error "Single Fan Error" whenever i bootup my machine after restarting, shutting down and waking it up. Is anyone familiar or having this this issue as well?
Thanks in advance.
1) Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility (Intel® XTU): https://downloadcenter.intel.com/downlo ... Intel-XTU-
Run the test and see how quickly does it show thermal throttle, etc. You can also download Cinebench (https://www.maxon.net/en/products/cinebench/), run cpu test and compare your score with others with same cpu. If you want to change settings, look at this guide: https://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-Ext ... 120.0.html
2) usually in the past the fan error meant that the fan is stuck because of dust etc, so people would clean the fan and the error would go away. Are you comfortable opening the laptop? While it's flipped, turn it on and check if both fans spin at startup. If one doesn't, then check if the wiring is plugged well into the motherboard, maybe even unplug and plug again. Could be a simple fix.
7500 free Supercharger kms on a new Tesla!
May 24, 2018
60 posts
13 upvotes
teston wrote:
Nov 28th, 2018 11:12 am
is anyone having issues with ebates cashback for Lenovo Black Friday / Cyber Monday sales?

I have purchased on Friday 23rd, and not only don't I see any cash back activity on my account, but I have also requested to find it through a special form on their website, and they're ignoring me for several days already.

*just to clarify, I was using their regular, non-EPP site for the purchase + ebates

Is that normal for ebates?
I got mine.
You have to turn off your ad blocker in both the Ebates site and the Lenovo site so your session ID can capture the information sent by the Ebates link.

Go to your settings and under your shopping history, it will show you your history and it will show a green checkmark under the ones you made a purchase through.