[Lenovo Canada] ThinkPad & IdeaPad - EPP Discounted

Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2011
1539 posts
610 upvotes
Mississauga
teston wrote:
Nov 28th, 2018 11:12 am
is anyone having issues with ebates cashback for Lenovo Black Friday / Cyber Monday sales?

I have purchased on Friday 23rd, and not only don't I see any cash back activity on my account, but I have also requested to find it through a special form on their website, and they're ignoring me for several days already.

*just to clarify, I was using their regular, non-EPP site for the purchase + ebates

Is that normal for ebates?
I mentioned a few posts ago that I had the same issue. No adblockers. I don't see a green check under shopping trips and no cashback. Submitted a missing points requests with lenovo's invoice, but they replied saying they couldn't add the cashback because Lenovo hadn't informed them of the order. Will give it another week or so and then pursue it further.
May 24, 2018
60 posts
13 upvotes
Expected Delivery changed from December 5 to December 20.
Jul 30, 2017
21 posts
hackoder wrote:
Nov 28th, 2018 12:21 pm
I mentioned a few posts ago that I had the same issue. No adblockers. I don't see a green check under shopping trips and no cashback. Submitted a missing points requests with lenovo's invoice, but they replied saying they couldn't add the cashback because Lenovo hadn't informed them of the order. Will give it another week or so and then pursue it further.
yep, same here. No Adblockers, no green checkmark. The ebates rep on the chat mentioned something about the order volume, which is why she can't award the cash back right away, and that she has to escalate it further.

Will try to contact Lenovo as well, maybe they can speed it up from their end.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2006
10463 posts
4667 upvotes
Brampton
10Karma wrote:
Nov 28th, 2018 11:19 am
Hi guys - newbie here.

I purchased a P1 from the deal (thank you very much to the OP). I have a two-parter:

1) I noticed a lot of you guys are referencing stress testing your machines or doing some analysis on whether you received what you ordered (XTU etc.) What are the tools/services you are using for these types of tests? Just want to make sure my machine is performing as it should.

2) From QC standpoint my machine looks great. However, I am receiving an error "Single Fan Error" whenever i bootup my machine after restarting, shutting down and waking it up. Is anyone familiar or having this this issue as well?

Thanks in advance.
ciuvak wrote:
Nov 28th, 2018 11:33 am
1) Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility (Intel® XTU): https://downloadcenter.intel.com/downlo ... Intel-XTU-
Run the test and see how quickly does it show thermal throttle, etc. You can also download Cinebench (https://www.maxon.net/en/products/cinebench/), run cpu test and compare your score with others with same cpu. If you want to change settings, look at this guide: https://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-Ext ... 120.0.html
2) usually in the past the fan error meant that the fan is stuck because of dust etc, so people would clean the fan and the error would go away. Are you comfortable opening the laptop? While it's flipped, turn it on and check if both fans spin at startup. If one doesn't, then check if the wiring is plugged well into the motherboard, maybe even unplug and plug again. Could be a simple fix.
Don't bother opening the machine. Call them up and exchange it you're not paying to fiddle with a thinkpad that's brand new, especially at these prices.
I've had dud fans from Thinkpads right of the box over the years.
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2010
4007 posts
1516 upvotes
AB
tebore wrote:
Nov 28th, 2018 3:06 pm
Don't bother opening the machine. Call them up and exchange it you're not paying to fiddle with a thinkpad that's brand new, especially at these prices.
100% agree, but if there is a small chance that the fan is just not plugged properly, I'd rather check for that, than wait 2-3 weeks to get a replacement :)
Dec 30, 2017
9 posts
5 upvotes
With a recent purchased P52, not turning on anymore as Lenovo pushed a BIOS update which has caused it to not start up (blank screen). Purchased next business day on site warranty which is of no help. They are saying part delivery time is after 15 days. Pathetic service and useless support staff. Reminded them about the next business day fix but they said its when the part is available. Not having the parts available for a new released laptop is unacceptable.

Look at other brands than Lenovo. Extremely disappointed. Before the purchase, was advised to look into Apple by few of my friends. Stupid mistake to go with Lenovo again. Had similar issue with W520 and it took months to resolve it.

Forum where others are having the exact issue:
Your text to link here...

Anyone else having same issue here?
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2006
10463 posts
4667 upvotes
Brampton
mailzee wrote:
Nov 28th, 2018 3:27 pm
With a recent purchased P52, not turning on anymore as Lenovo pushed a BIOS update which has caused it to not start up (blank screen). Purchased next business day on site warranty which is of no help. They are saying part delivery time is after 15 days. Pathetic service and useless support staff. Reminded them about the next business day fix but they said its when the part is available. Not having the parts available for a new released laptop is unacceptable.

Look at other brands than Lenovo. Extremely disappointed. Before the purchase, was advised to look into Apple by few of my friends. Stupid mistake to go with Lenovo again. Had similar issue with W520 and it took months to resolve it.

Forum where others are having the exact issue:
Your text to link here...

Anyone else having same issue here?
Thinkpad service was the first thing to start going down hill when Lenovo took over. I remember when onsite service meant same day. Now it's how you describe.
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2006
1936 posts
541 upvotes
ciuvak wrote:
Oct 29th, 2018 10:47 pm
Thanks. I tried it anyway with a pre-made config via quote. Ordered the X1E. How long does it usually take for ebates to refresh?
Did you get it?
Sep 7, 2015
9 posts
Toronto, ON
tebore wrote:
Nov 28th, 2018 3:06 pm

Ahhh I just brought it in to a Lenovo authorized dealer to get it fixed... (I didn't want to gamble on getting another machine with potentially a dud screen).

They told me that that they ordered a new "system board" from Lenovo. Does that sound right? Given all the QC issues I'm seeing who knows how long the parts will be shipped out... A little disappointed paying 2k for a machine that needed servicing out of the box and now with the extra added wait.
Dec 16, 2010
590 posts
350 upvotes
Canada
Received my P1 the other day.

Everything seems great on it so far, no stuck pixels etc. However, there is some blooming on the UHD screen. I rubbed the area in slightly and the blooming diminished but spread down the side of the screen more. It seems to be the top two corners.

I'm not too excited on going through the return/exchange process. Is this common on these screens?

Thanks
Sep 4, 2006
837 posts
66 upvotes
Ordered my laptop on cyber monday. Got the ebates cashback the same evening. The laptop was supposed to ship yest but got shipping email today. By the way ir is coming from north carolina. Expected date of arrival dec 5th. O boy! I wish i had chosen dell. Worried by the problems you guys are mentioning.
Happy Koodo customer with S9 and the 25$ unltd Canada plan :-)
Jun 24, 2010
379 posts
91 upvotes
I bought 2 new sticks of 16GB ram (32 GB total) for my P1 because I want a matching set. This is always better than mixing and matching to prevent system instability or compatibility issues to match the speed and timing of the ram.

Will soon be selling 1 stick of 16GB Samsung ram that came with my P1. PM me if interested.
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2010
4007 posts
1516 upvotes
AB
perpetuus wrote:
Dec 1st, 2018 1:15 am
I bought 2 new sticks of 16GB ram (32 GB total) for my P1 because I want a matching set. This is always better than mixing and matching to prevent system instability or compatibility issues to match the speed and timing of the ram.
Will soon be selling 1 stick of 16GB Samsung ram that came with my P1. PM me if interested.
Which one did you get?