Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Lenovo Canada] ThinkPad & IdeaPad - EPP Discounted

Nov 20, 2008
662 posts
137 upvotes
chongsen wrote:
Dec 8th, 2018 1:17 am
I got mine (4k i7 512gb 16gb) for around 1600 + tax (Lenovo honour their price error). I have not opened it yet.

Should I return it too ? I can not live with fun noise.
I will buy it off of you if you can't live with it, Lenovo cancelled my order and did not give me any followup deal :(.
Dec 1, 2012
250 posts
251 upvotes
VANCOUVER
cyberspyder wrote:
Dec 8th, 2018 9:06 pm
I will buy it off of you if you can't live with it, Lenovo cancelled my order and did not give me any followup deal :(.
Where do you locate ?

My colleague wants to buy it from me for $2000. I will let you know if he does not get it.
Dec 1, 2012
250 posts
251 upvotes
VANCOUVER
HN12345 wrote:
Dec 8th, 2018 8:11 am
I think that you should play with it at least for a week, it's all about your own personal experience with the laptop. Maybe yours doesn't have the intermittent fan noise or maybe it doesn't irritate you as much as it does with me.

For me, the trackpad is a big deal, I think I've been accustomed to using the old style trackpad with the buttons below so much that I can't get used to this one no matter how much I try or change the settings. All kinds of weird stuff gets activated as I'm just casually navigating with the pad, it's really annoying. *edit to add this portion* So I just typed up a nice e-mail and when I go to navigate, the directs me to the previous page losing all of my content. Stuff like this is intolerable to me. Now I have to go draft up the e-mail on an older laptop. I really do hate this trackpad lol. I hope they still make laptops with the buttons below the pad, my guess is that they removed them to make the unit more stylish or durable? I'll take functionality over style.

Just don't want you to return something without trying it out based off my experience, especially a great deal such as this.
Thanks, that is really helpful. I bought a X1E from Lenovo one month ago. I have bad experience with their QC.

My wife bought me a Surface book 2 15inch to celebrate my job promotion right before Lenovo sending me the laptop. Surface book2 is a dead silence laptop. It is hard for me to make the choice.
Nov 20, 2008
662 posts
137 upvotes
chongsen wrote:
Dec 8th, 2018 9:39 pm
Where do you locate ?

My colleague wants to buy it from me for $2000. I will let you know if he does not get it.
Ontario, but I can send a shipping label.
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2017
1494 posts
921 upvotes
chongsen wrote:
Dec 8th, 2018 9:44 pm
Thanks, that is really helpful. I bought a X1E from Lenovo one month ago. I have bad experience with their QC.

My wife bought me a Surface book 2 15inch to celebrate my job promotion right before Lenovo sending me the laptop. Surface book2 is a dead silence laptop. It is hard for me to make the choice.

Nice. Yeah, these tablet pcs are becoming the trend now, they make sense for business people that need something ultra portable and easy to use. My buddy got a HP Elite 1012 G1 from his work and it looks awesome, I think it's comparable to the Surface Pro 3. I know the G2 is out which rivals the Surface Pro 4 but I can't justify spending $1,500 - $2,000 on a Tablet PC. Maybe wait for an older Surface Pro to go on sale.
Jun 4, 2007
414 posts
158 upvotes
Toronto
Just gave me mom a Yoga 730... It boots in like 2.5 secs...nice IPS screen...so far very impressed for something that becomes a tablet. Good deal on it...not a P1 deal...and still Loving mine...playing Doom VFR on it...it's squeals and squeals...poor little P2000...but it's almost plaayable. I know my P1 gets loud...but I'm just waiting for the liquid mental and then I'll hopefully reduce the volume by a lot!
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2010
4062 posts
1552 upvotes
AB
g00f wrote:
Dec 9th, 2018 1:41 am
Just gave me mom a Yoga 730... It boots in like 2.5 secs...nice IPS screen...so far very impressed for something that becomes a tablet. Good deal on it...not a P1 deal...and still Loving mine...playing Doom VFR on it...it's squeals and squeals...poor little P2000...but it's almost plaayable. I know my P1 gets loud...but I'm just waiting for the liquid mental and then I'll hopefully reduce the volume by a lot!
You can also try removing the mesh on the inside of the bottom lid. It will improve air circulation and change the pitch of the fan.
May 24, 2018
62 posts
13 upvotes
So many people in here experiencing really bad QC issues with the X1 Extreme.
Should I be worried about mine potentially having many issues?
Nov 22, 2016
333 posts
52 upvotes
GTA
mon369 wrote:
Dec 9th, 2018 9:18 am
So many people in here experiencing really bad QC issues with the X1 Extreme.
Should I be worried about mine potentially having many issues?
People with issues are a lot more likely to come on and write about em
that being said, I did return mine due to keyboard issues

when you get it, check it thoroughly within the return window
Manny
Deal Addict
May 15, 2016
4350 posts
1403 upvotes
mannyafzal wrote:
Dec 9th, 2018 1:39 pm
People with issues are a lot more likely to come on and write about em
that being said, I did return mine due to keyboard issues

when you get it, check it thoroughly within the return window
No fan noise? Did you get another one?
Nov 22, 2016
333 posts
52 upvotes
GTA
vivibaby wrote:
Dec 9th, 2018 4:04 pm
No fan noise? Did you get another one?
A bit, but not sure if it was normal or not (didn't particularly bother me or stand out).

Trying to see if I can sell my Dell XPS 15, if I can't sell it ill use that, but if I can sell it, I will order another X1E on Boxing day.
Manny
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2011
1299 posts
300 upvotes
Edmonton
My replacement ThinkPad X1 Yoga still has not shipped. It still says expected to ship December 8th. Customer service says it's ready to ship and will likely ship any moment, the tracking number might take 24-48 hours to update. Is there anything I can do?
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2010
4062 posts
1552 upvotes
AB
tablo13 wrote:
Dec 9th, 2018 7:25 pm
My replacement ThinkPad X1 Yoga still has not shipped. It still says expected to ship December 8th. Customer service says it's ready to ship and will likely ship any moment, the tracking number might take 24-48 hours to update. Is there anything I can do?
Ask for an additional discount on the original order number. $100 is a good start.
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2011
1299 posts
300 upvotes
Edmonton
ciuvak wrote:
Dec 9th, 2018 10:12 pm
Ask for an additional discount on the original order number. $100 is a good start.
Do they give discounts in this situation? It's a replacement exchange.
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2006
1234 posts
236 upvotes
SimpsonsFana wrote:
Dec 8th, 2018 3:29 pm
Is anyone else having trouble logging onto the EPP website?
Same here, can't login
Asus P8P67 Deluxe | Intel i7-2700K | 16GB G.Skill ARES 2133MHz | XFX R9 290 DD | Dell Ultrasharp U2913WM + 2209WA

Currently FS/WTB

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)