Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Lenovo Canada] ThinkPad & IdeaPad - EPP Discounted

Sep 28, 2015
408 posts
233 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Was not able to sign in to the EPP site today. Tried many browsers. Anyone else having trouble?
Dec 16, 2012
140 posts
32 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
warmdeals wrote:
Dec 15th, 2018 5:35 pm
Was not able to sign in to the EPP site today. Tried many browsers. Anyone else having trouble?
Tried just now and can't get in either.
Aug 12, 2015
131 posts
44 upvotes
Concord, ON
warmdeals wrote:
Dec 15th, 2018 5:35 pm
Password has been changed for IBMFNDEPP since the Thinkpad P1 price error a week before Black Friday. Check the previous pages in this post for details. Password for IBMEPP has been changed since the Lenovo T730 fiasco . They were good times while they lasted. It's time to embrace the Lenovo retail site with Ebates.
Sep 28, 2015
408 posts
233 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
victor158128 wrote:
Dec 16th, 2018 1:15 pm
Password has been changed for IBMFNDEPP since the Thinkpad P1 price error a week before Black Friday. Check the previous pages in this post for details. Password for IBMEPP has been changed since the Lenovo T730 fiasco . They were good times while they lasted. It's time to embrace the Lenovo retail site with Ebates.
Wow cannot believe this is over. Please someone update the first post, and also hope this will come back....
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2010
3599 posts
1180 upvotes
AB
warmdeals wrote:
Dec 16th, 2018 1:51 pm
Wow cannot believe this is over. Please someone update the first post, and also hope this will come back....
In the US they change the EPP portal access code almost every month. Maybe Lenovo Canada will adopt the same strategy. Just have to wait and see. For now use regular site and buy only when discounts and ebates combination is high. You can also try buying from
CPA site: https://www.lenovo.com/ca/en/cpa/
Students site: https://www.lenovo.com/ca/en/canadianstudents
Mar 23, 2004
37318 posts
3805 upvotes
Markham
warmdeals wrote:
Dec 16th, 2018 1:51 pm
will do, thanks everyone for note. So basically atm we need a new password and no one knows what it is, sucks to hear.
「もし、奇跡を起こせたら……」
Dec 13, 2009
8 posts
3 upvotes
Newfoundland
When they changed the password I emailed them and asked for the new one since I was planning to buy a new Thinkpad for a family member. Mentioned I was a good customer with a spanking new X1E, a T470 and a tablet all purchased within the last 12 months. Received the standard reply anyone received who wrote to them. So I bought a Dell for my son instead. Happy with that machine. I do hope they reactivate a password for general use, but the build quality of the Inspiron 14 7000 is not too shabby. Keyboard is different but OK, screen nicer than the T470, no Thunderbolt in this model but my son will not care. BTW my X1E is really nice - FHD screen - pleased with it.
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2008
1683 posts
283 upvotes
Really need a good discount on the yoga series. My laptop is on its last legs. Either that or I’m going to apple again.
Jun 4, 2007
382 posts
140 upvotes
Toronto
Can a kind RFD'r who got the P1 Killer DEAL (:)) screen cap your "Programs and Features" for moi and post here or privately.

I took the plunge and re-installed Win10 Pro, and wiped the whole drive completely; so far its been mixed results...at one point last night I said screw it and went to one of two restore points and ending undoing all my 3-4 hours of customizing...but the kicker was...now all the drivers were properly installed as the first app I ran was the Lenovo Update Utility...Thunderbolt was another issue that had its own problems.

Issue is I know that there are missing APPS for Power, interface, and other needed apps that I do not know what was there beforehand...I was a n00b about this...I always photograph before and after...but not this time.

I swear the listed drivers are only covering half of what is needed...but MS seems to install something to cover it.

As a quick test...I saw no real world benefits so far...and in fact it seems to take longer to boot...3DMark didnt show any improvements...so I'll try to reproduce hopefully most of what I am missing...and if its gets bad...Ill call their support and ask for a boot ISO if they have one.

Unless others can enlighten on what I am missing on how to make this less painless.
Dec 23, 2012
103 posts
80 upvotes
g00f wrote:
Dec 18th, 2018 3:03 pm
Can a kind RFD'r who got the P1 Killer DEAL (:)) screen cap your "Programs and Features" for moi and post here or privately.

I took the plunge and re-installed Win10 Pro, and wiped the whole drive completely; so far its been mixed results...at one point last night I said screw it and went to one of two restore points and ending undoing all my 3-4 hours of customizing...but the kicker was...now all the drivers were properly installed as the first app I ran was the Lenovo Update Utility...Thunderbolt was another issue that had its own problems.

Issue is I know that there are missing APPS for Power, interface, and other needed apps that I do not know what was there beforehand...I was a n00b about this...I always photograph before and after...but not this time.

I swear the listed drivers are only covering half of what is needed...but MS seems to install something to cover it.

As a quick test...I saw no real world benefits so far...and in fact it seems to take longer to boot...3DMark didnt show any improvements...so I'll try to reproduce hopefully most of what I am missing...and if its gets bad...Ill call their support and ask for a boot ISO if they have one.

Unless others can enlighten on what I am missing on how to make this less painless.
I downloaded and created a USB Recovery Disk after I received the laptop. Here is the link Lenovo
Jun 4, 2007
382 posts
140 upvotes
Toronto
Many Thanks chabro....downloading now!!!
May 24, 2018
55 posts
13 upvotes
So I just replaced my Desktop with my X1E as my main work station, because I need the portability and it seems like it's powerful enough to replace my desktop. So far so good. My only question is that - can any Ethernet to mini Ethernet dongle work with the mini Ethernet port that is on this laptop? Do I have to buy the proprietary dongle from Lenovo?

And what is the best thermal paste to use right now for repasting?
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2011
1196 posts
213 upvotes
Edmonton
tb06mar wrote:
Dec 18th, 2018 4:31 pm
It works again!!!
Works again but the discount seems awfully low compared to November. Probably should wait until boxing week
Nov 23, 2014
210 posts
116 upvotes
Kelowna, BC
mon369 wrote:
Dec 18th, 2018 8:33 pm
So I just replaced my Desktop with my X1E as my main work station, because I need the portability and it seems like it's powerful enough to replace my desktop. So far so good. My only question is that - can any Ethernet to mini Ethernet dongle work with the mini Ethernet port that is on this laptop? Do I have to buy the proprietary dongle from Lenovo?

And what is the best thermal paste to use right now for repasting?
You can use any USB-C/USB-A ethernet. The port on the left however is proprietary because it's a direct connection to a hardware NIC:
https://www.lenovo.com/ca/en/accessorie ... 4X90F84315

fortunately the price is reasonable.

For repasting liquid metal/arctic silver.