Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Lenovo Canada] ThinkPad & IdeaPad - EPP Discounted

Sep 25, 2010
65 posts
6 upvotes
Halifax
Trying to determine the best value NVME SSD for my Thinkpad P1 (similar to X1 Extreme), the Samsung 970's are expensive and I don't need the speed as much as I do the space right now. This is a second drive. Are there any cheaper alternatives that are compatible?
I read in one post that the user couldn't mount a double sided SSD, such as the HP EX920, due to space.
Deal Expert
Dec 19, 2001
30078 posts
1344 upvotes
Fernando Po
Good discounts on batteries today but not on the EPP site, just the regular one. You do get a discount offered on EPP but the regular site is better.
Mar 23, 2004
38247 posts
4371 upvotes
Markham
I love Lenovo sometimes...I was looking at a loaded X280 during the 5% off deal yesterday and got this:

Then the 5% off deal is gone today, I go look again, and got this:

WTF Lenovo? LMAO
Images
  • Screenshot_2.png
  • Screenshot_1.png
"Between a high, solid wall and an egg that breaks against it, I will always stand on the side of the egg.

Yes, no matter how right the wall may be and how wrong the egg is, I will stand with the egg."

#StandwithHK #5DemandsNot1Less
Dec 11, 2004
302 posts
50 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I've been playing around with the same X1 build every week since Boxing Day and yeah it adds up weirdly with some of its own internal hidden discounts. I don't even trust what the sales % are or coupons, I just add it to cart to see if the amount compares with lowest price.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2006
8207 posts
3338 upvotes
Markham
cncmach wrote:
Feb 7th, 2019 9:07 am
Trying to determine the best value NVME SSD for my Thinkpad P1 (similar to X1 Extreme), the Samsung 970's are expensive and I don't need the speed as much as I do the space right now. This is a second drive. Are there any cheaper alternatives that are compatible?
I read in one post that the user couldn't mount a double sided SSD, such as the HP EX920, due to space.
I bought a EX920 1TB and it didn't fit my Yoga 260, mine uses a single sided drive.

Not much options there if you want a larger drive, AFAIK only the 970 and the WD Black are single sided 1TB, but haven't looked since I got mine, not sure if there are newer options.

One thing to note is the WD Black is known to have compatibility issues with Linux, if you're concerned about that.
Dec 11, 2004
302 posts
50 upvotes
Toronto, ON
The Small Business Pro website has the X1C with i7 8650U, Win10Pro, WQHD 300nit, 16gb, 512 SSD for $1950. Not sure if this is a hot deal so just posting it here as I'm tempted myself. Also 6% Ebates right now.

Edit: Not HDR display, which is a no go for me.
Mar 23, 2004
38247 posts
4371 upvotes
Markham
Family Day sale pretty crap.
"Between a high, solid wall and an egg that breaks against it, I will always stand on the side of the egg.

Yes, no matter how right the wall may be and how wrong the egg is, I will stand with the egg."

Deal Fanatic
Dec 1, 2013
5485 posts
2058 upvotes
redflagdeals.com
hkmodi wrote:
Jan 14th, 2019 8:03 am
Hello,
I know your post it too old, but may I buy ThinkPad on Epp please, please advice
Yes, you may buy a ThinkPad on EPP.
A wise RFD'er once said, "Buy now, think later."
I like wearing tinfoil hats.

¯\_(-.-)_/¯

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ "Behold!"
Jan 4, 2008
100 posts
14 upvotes
Mississauga
I was looking at the V330 which is usually $829. With the code it'd be only $639 (their special on their regular site has is for $689, but a coupon there has it or $654)

Is that a good deal or might there be similar or better deals within the next few months on this laptop?
May 24, 2018
60 posts
13 upvotes
dxbender wrote:
Feb 20th, 2019 12:06 am
I was looking at the V330 which is usually $829. With the code it'd be only $639 (their special on their regular site has is for $689, but a coupon there has it or $654)

Is that a good deal or might there be similar or better deals within the next few months on this laptop?
Wait till Back to School and Labour Day season. They usually have the best deals then.
Jan 4, 2008
100 posts
14 upvotes
Mississauga
mon369 wrote:
Feb 20th, 2019 7:22 am
Wait till Back to School and Labour Day season. They usually have the best deals then.
Is there any good sale period before then? Like end of April or June (when schools end), or is waiting half a year the only good option to save money?
Dec 11, 2004
302 posts
50 upvotes
Toronto, ON
The next gen X series are coming out in June. So here's hoping there's going to be a drop for current gen around May for me to scoop up. I really need a laptop for June and can hold out until then.
Nov 22, 2016
321 posts
48 upvotes
GTA
T480 with i5-8th gen, 512 gb ssd/8 gb ram/1080p is at a good price on regular Lenovo site : $949 plus tax but you get 9% ebates.
Manny
Mar 23, 2004
38247 posts
4371 upvotes
Markham
architect wrote:
Feb 20th, 2019 10:19 pm
The next gen X series are coming out in June. So here's hoping there's going to be a drop for current gen around May for me to scoop up. I really need a laptop for June and can hold out until then.
BTS sale is probably your best bet.