evergreen71 wrote:
Apr 7th, 2019 12:10 am
SMB store? I’ve been waiting for the T480 to come on a good sale
Hitnake wrote:
Apr 7th, 2019 12:22 pm
Are you sure Ebates works with SMB?
hackoder wrote:
Apr 7th, 2019 12:43 pm
No guarantees obviously, but on https://www.ebates.ca/lenovo-canada, it shows the following:

If you click on the shop now button, it takes you to the SMB site.
angel_wing0 wrote:
Apr 7th, 2019 3:30 pm
You have to register a LenovoPRO ID in order to be able to shop there, and if Lenovo discovers that you are not a SMB, they will cancel the order. I mean doesnt hurt to try i guess.
I own a business, so I was able to register for a LenovoPRO account without worrying about the order potentially being cancelled. You can TRY registering if you really want to, but I don't know if your order would end up being cancelled.

To answer the other question, my ebates credit did not initially show up, but I don't know if that was because I ordered on Friday night after everybody at eBates and Lenovo went home for the weekend. I did chat with an eBates agent yesterday, because I was paranoid about not receiving the rebate, but she applied the rebate to my account without asking me any questions, which I can see in my account now.
Feb 12, 2012
8 posts
evergreen71 wrote:
Apr 7th, 2019 12:10 am
SMB store? I’ve been waiting for the T480 to come on a good sale
FYI, if you don't mind not having Windows 10 Pro, they have a T480 model on for 39% off. It's only on that particular version, though, and it doesn't have the WQHD display.

https://www.lenovo.com/ca/en/laptops/th ... rentmodels

I wanted the slimmer T480s, and I absolutely wanted the WQHD (1440p) display. The cost of the TopSeller models with that display (over $2K) necessitated a custom configuration, and despite being in IT for a living, I don't see the need to spend hundreds on the Core i7 upgrade when the Core i5 chips they offer on these models are so similar.

I would have waited, but I wanted to keep the total cost around $15~1600 all in, and waiting for a loaded model to come on for 40% off (like the X1 Carbon last week) would have meant waiting for a while, and spending $3~400 more. The T series being more than 35% off (especially for custom models) is pretty rare from what I've seen, so the 9% ebates making it a total of 36% was the deciding factor.
Dec 11, 2004
295 posts
42 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I have SMB and they come out to a few % cheaper than EPP on MSRP or if both have same sale going on.
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2004
3031 posts
155 upvotes
Toronto
looking at a P1/X1E to replace my 2013 15" MBP

based on experience, when would be a good time,to buy? any recommended config?
Deal Addict
May 15, 2016
3512 posts
917 upvotes
ah_long wrote:
Apr 27th, 2019 11:25 am
looking at a P1/X1E to replace my 2013 15" MBP

based on experience, when would be a good time,to buy? any recommended config?
When there is a "price error". It happens all the time.
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2004
3031 posts
155 upvotes
Toronto
vivibaby wrote:
Apr 27th, 2019 6:08 pm
When there is a "price error". It happens all the time.
I think it happened around BF. That was a killer deal
Mar 2, 2014
446 posts
176 upvotes
Any deals or coupons for Batteries? Need 57+ for T540p

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)