[Lenovo Canada] Thinkpad L13 Gen2 Yoga WinPro 11th Gen i7/16GB/512GB 994.50

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 15th, 2021 10:55 am
Jan 28, 2013
447 posts
648 upvotes
Waterloo
blyndfyre wrote: What do you think?
I just wanted to maks sure I didn't misread anything. I wasn't too sure if that represents ram or maybe some other values.
Fido Mobile
Freedom Mobile
Koodo Home Phone
Fido Internet
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2020
2689 posts
2212 upvotes
Toronto
bigcircle wrote: maybe a foolish question as I am not as techie as you all.

I like to know how you all remove bloatware (please kindly advise the steps), and if IBM thinkbook 14" or similar has lot of bloatware. thanks a lot.
Fyi, IBM does not make computers since 2005

Lenovo Completes Purchase of IBM's PC Unit
https://www.pcworld.com/article/120670/article.html

You could give your Lenovo ThinkBook a "fresh start"

Fresh Start lets you perform a clean reinstallation and update of Windows while keeping your personal data and most Windows settings intact. In some cases, a clean installation may improve your device's startup and shutdown experience, memory usage, Microsoft Store apps performance, browsing experience, and battery life.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/win ... f2b48d275e
Deal Fanatic
May 15, 2016
6480 posts
2164 upvotes
Does this have 1s bootup since its 11gen processor?
Deal Fanatic
May 15, 2016
6480 posts
2164 upvotes
MrPronTO wrote: I ordered the touchscreen Thinkbook (evo) 13s Gen 2 that went on sale last week. This has 2-in-1, extra type-C port, SD card reader, and is cheaper. The Thinkbook has a better screen, significantly better battery life (56wh vs 46wh), faster ram, and is lighter/thinner.

The 2-in-1 and supposedly superior ThinkBook build quality is appealing, decisions, decisions...
Thinkpad should be better than thinkbook no?
Nov 7, 2020
25 posts
3 upvotes
vivibaby wrote: Thinkpad should be better than thinkbook no?
not that simple, you do need to look a bit closer at the specifics of the model.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2002
3623 posts
807 upvotes
Brampton
willy0275 wrote: If memory wasn't soldered it would have been a good move.
I wont notice the difference for another 4-5 years, if my kids dont annihilate this thing first.
INFORMATION: The requested thread does not exist.
Dec 28, 2020
16 posts
6 upvotes
Only if the specs are equal or better.
Aug 28, 2013
208 posts
136 upvotes
Richmond Hill

I think Thinkpad was the original computers made by IBM back in the day, until Lenovo bought the rights to produce them. Thinkbook is what Lenovo came up with after Lenovo had the rights to make Thinkpad.

Thinkpad probably has that nostalgic feel still. Really depends on the specs at the end of the day.
Feb 15, 2011
126 posts
121 upvotes
Toronto
IMO, Thinkpad flagships (X1 Carbon and X1 Extreme) and T490, T480 (often the "company laptop" of big companies) are more reliable.

But honestly, at this price point with these specs, this is a fairly good light weight laptop (aka ultrabook - light but not exactly upgradeable).
For people who don't need 2 in 1, it will count as bonus: many budget ultrabook screens don't even go flat & 2 in 1 likely means a bit stronger hinge.
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2020
2689 posts
2212 upvotes
Toronto
RoyF482 wrote: I think Thinkpad was the original computers made by IBM back in the day, until Lenovo bought the rights to produce them. Thinkbook is what Lenovo came up with after Lenovo had the rights to make Thinkpad.

Thinkpad probably has that nostalgic feel still. Really depends on the specs at the end of the day.
Lenovo bought more than the rights.
ThinkBooks is more consumer- focused product released in 2019, and gets the same market position as the ThinkPad E-series

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ThinkPad

In 2005, Chinese technology company Lenovo purchased the IBM personal computer business and the ThinkPad as a flagship brand along with it. Speaking about the purchase of IBM's personal computer division, Liu Chuanzhi said, "We benefited in three ways from the IBM acquisition. We got the ThinkPad brand, IBM's more advanced PC manufacturing technology and the company's international resources, such as its global sales channels and operation teams. These three elements have shored up our sales revenue in the past several years."

Although Lenovo acquired the right to use the IBM brand name for five years after its acquisition of IBM's personal computer business, Lenovo only used it for three years.
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2008
1211 posts
1119 upvotes
Toronto - Markham/Sc…
vivibaby wrote: Does this have 1s bootup since its 11gen processor?
I think it boots up before you even press the power button.
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2020
2689 posts
2212 upvotes
Toronto
vivibaby wrote: Does this have 1s bootup since its 11gen processor?
Evo badged laptops "instantly wake from sleep (in less than 1 second)"

https://www.ultrabookreview.com/42630-i ... o-laptops/

In order to get the Evo badging, laptops:
  • must run on Intel 11th gen Tiger Lake Core i5/i7 processors with Irix Xe graphics (or later), with 8+ GB of RAM and 256+ GB of SSD storage;
  • must provide consistent responsiveness on battery;
  • must instantly wake from sleep (in less than 1 second);
  • must provide 9 or more hours of real-world battery life (on laptops with a FHD display) and must be able to charge quickly over USB-C (4+ hours of battery life in under 30 minutes of charging);
  • must include modern connectivity options: WiFi 6 (Gig+), USB-C with Thunderbolt 4, optional LTE;
  • must include biometrics (IR cameras or finger sensor), Precision touchpads, backlit keyboards, 3-side narrow bezels around the display, good speakers, and a few other aspects inherited from the original Project Athena fact sheet.
Aug 24, 2018
331 posts
132 upvotes
Langley BC
I read (heard?video?!) that the dual channel ram helps the Tiger Lake CPU/GPU ? So if it's soldered, is it running in single or dual? (2x4GB for the 8)
I do wish the Dell had more than 1 USB-C.
These original prices ....... this is a new cpu...... $1989 ...... but we let you have it for half ! Somebody should call consumer protetion.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2002
3623 posts
807 upvotes
Brampton
ThinkPad is more business oriented, basic black, pointer in the middle of the keyboard and usually a nice typing feel with more key travel.
INFORMATION: The requested thread does not exist.
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2005
3433 posts
573 upvotes
Hamilton
What is lenovos cancelation policy like? If I buy now and since it has a 3-4 week delivery time can I cancel in 2 weeks if a better sale pops up?
Aug 28, 2013
216 posts
106 upvotes
SKIDS wrote: Pretty good specs for a sub $1000 Thinkpad. Shame about the 3-4 week wait.
Password: GoldPerk2020

Processor - 11th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-1165G7 Processor (2.80 GHz, up to 4.70 GHz with Turbo Boost, 4 Cores, 8 Threads, 12 MB Cache)
Operating System - Windows 10 Pro 64
Display Type - 13.3" FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS, anti-reflective, anti-smudge, touchscreen, 300 nits
Memory - 16 GB DDR4 3200MHz (Soldered)
Hard Drive - 512 GB PCIe SSD
Integrated Intel® Iris® Xe Graphics
Camera 720p HD & 5 MP World Facing
ThinkPad Pen Pro
Fingerprint Reader
Keyboard Backlit - US English
Wireless Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX201 802.11AX (2 x 2) & Bluetooth® 5.1

Grabbed one of these bad boys. I think its pretty well priced compared recent DELL deals for the tech specs and the price:

Sub total:
FEE :
GST :
Shipping Fees:
Total:
$994.50
$1.20
$49.79
FREE
$1,045.49

In Alberta

Thanks OP!
[OP]
Dec 31, 2006
318 posts
87 upvotes
Oops the 16MB in the original title was a flashback! Back to my days of selling computers at the IBM store in the 90s! I remember selling 300Mhz Intel Pentium II desktops with 16 MB of RAM and 3GB Hard Drives for $3500.
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2005
4687 posts
1103 upvotes
Scarborough
Wish they had this during black friday or boxing day before I purchased another laptop.
Feb 6, 2006
62 posts
2 upvotes
why can you not select any extended warranties for this laptop before checking out?
Jun 22, 2009
920 posts
261 upvotes
Kitchener
Did you get it through Petkopolis?

Could you please share the link? Thanks

Stay safe!
prod wrote: I went for the i5/8GB/256G version for $764.
Слава Україні!