• Last Updated:
  • Jan 15th, 2021 10:55 am
Dec 13, 2019
294 posts
242 upvotes
Dhanushan wrote: No, RAM is soldered

Memory
Up to 16GB DDR4 3200MHz
I figured this would be the case on a thin and light/2-in-1 since this is a lower-tier line and there's not enough thicc-ness to put in an extra RAM slot. Thanks for the confirmation.
Why settle for MSRP when you can wait and get it at a lower price? 😉
Jun 25, 2012
155 posts
104 upvotes
Vancouver
dranzergiggs wrote: I'm in the same boat.

Ordered on 7th Jan. Expected delivery is 27th April.

The website clearly said ships within 3-4 weeks, not months. And honestly, I can't wait that long.

But I don't know if there's anything that can be done now. I guess I'll wait for a week, and if doesn't improve, I'll just cancel it.
Has your credit card been charged? I can handle having to wait till May, though it would be much better if my credit card doesn't get charged until it ships.
Apr 22, 2014
548 posts
242 upvotes
Calgary, AB
bluestreak7 wrote: How does this perkopolis thing work? Do I need to signup anywhere to use it? Or can I just follow the link, use the passcode and order like normal? Will rakuten work with this?

This deal is pretty insane. My mom bought a Gen1 L13 Yoga in mid November with 10th Gen i7 / 16GB RAM / 512GB SSD for $1,250
Just order as normal after going through the portal. And no it does not work with it
Apr 22, 2014
548 posts
242 upvotes
Calgary, AB
bluestreak7 wrote: Has your credit card been charged? I can handle having to wait till May, though it would be much better if my credit card doesn't get charged until it ships.
Doesn't charge till it ships. Just does a pre auth as normal. Pretty standard practice.
Sep 5, 2019
174 posts
383 upvotes
BobyTT wrote: I tried, didn't worked.
In the thinkbook thread somebody mentioned he/she filed a "where is my cashback" request and got Rakuten cashback.
Dec 5, 2006
56 posts
11 upvotes
Markham
bluestreak7 wrote: How does this perkopolis thing work? Do I need to signup anywhere to use it? Or can I just follow the link, use the passcode and order like normal? Will rakuten work with this?

This deal is pretty insane. My mom bought a Gen1 L13 Yoga in mid November with 10th Gen i7 / 16GB RAM / 512GB SSD for $1,250
Order like you describe, but don't checkout using a pre-existing Lenovo account, as it throws an error (or at least did for me). Checkout as guest, where you can use your normal email / contact details.
Nov 21, 2020
5 posts
I used my debit card and they charged it the same day. Though the email says that they don't charge till its shipped.
Nov 21, 2020
5 posts
TotallyLost wrote: I work in IT sales and I can vouch for the April lead time from the factory. The Lenovo's, Dell's, and HPs are facing component shortages at the factory level with display panels, chipsets, and processors. Part of the shortage has to do with a surge in sales and demand for students of Chromebooks which use the same hardware components. I have corporate clients that order custom configs and I'm quoting April lead times from the factory for new orders. The normal standard lead time would have been 4-weeks.

By the way, this is an amazing price for a corporate grade Yoga. My cost to buy through the corporate distribution channel is $500+ more. Even with a volume discount I wouldn't be able to get near that price point to resell to a corporate client.
Thanks for the info man. I actually canceled my M1 macbook pro after looking at this deal but I'm beginning to regret my decision.
Nov 19, 2020
25 posts
12 upvotes
dranzergiggs wrote: Thanks for the info man. I actually canceled my M1 macbook pro after looking at this deal but I'm beginning to regret my decision.
Oh man, shoulda stuck with the M1 regardless.
Oct 27, 2018
32 posts
5 upvotes
Brampton
MakAttack07 wrote: Oh man, shoulda stuck with the M1 regardless.
I like your advice. That was why not only I bought a M1 Apple Macbook Air but I also ordered this one several day ago!

Both devices are great IMO.
Oct 14, 2014
640 posts
616 upvotes
Southern Ontario
Iductran wrote: I like your advice. That was why not only I bought a M1 Apple Macbook Air but I also ordered this one several day ago!

Both devices are great IMO.
What spec MacBook Air did you end up ordering? 16GB/1TB MBAs and MBPs have appeared in local Apple Store stock all over the GTA in the past week or so.
Nov 21, 2020
5 posts
MakAttack07 wrote: Oh man, shoulda stuck with the M1 regardless.
Well, I have canceled this and got myself a MBP 16GB/1TB which is available for next day pickup.
Jun 25, 2012
155 posts
104 upvotes
Vancouver
Ordered the i5 / 8GB RAM / 256GB SSD config for $765. The regular / non-perkopolis price for the same config is $1,530. What a ridiculously good deal!
Granted it would eventually get added to the sales rotation and go for ~$1,100 now and then but to get it for sub-$800 within a first half year of availability for this model is amazing.

Surprised there was no option for a warranty upgrade though...
Deal Addict
Apr 6, 2017
1046 posts
735 upvotes
Westmount, QC
Ordered the 14 inch for 1059$ i5 1135G7.

Needed to have the Laptop asap. so waiting few months wasn't an option.

the i7 1165G7 was 1149 but none available.
Deal Fanatic
May 15, 2016
6480 posts
2164 upvotes
Are you sure pen is included?

The Lenovo ThinkPad L13 Yoga Gen 2 boasts lots of time-saving functions to streamline your workflow and keep you productive. Modern Standby enables the system to wake and connect to the internet instantaneously. The optional rechargeable ThinkPad Pen Pro, conveniently garaged on the side of the chassis, lets you take notes, sketch, sign documents, and more. And with just the touch of a button, you can easily answer, make, and disconnect from conference calls by using the F9-F11 function keys.
Apr 22, 2014
548 posts
242 upvotes
Calgary, AB
vivibaby wrote: Are you sure pen is included?

The Lenovo ThinkPad L13 Yoga Gen 2 boasts lots of time-saving functions to streamline your workflow and keep you productive. Modern Standby enables the system to wake and connect to the internet instantaneously. The optional rechargeable ThinkPad Pen Pro, conveniently garaged on the side of the chassis, lets you take notes, sketch, sign documents, and more. And with just the touch of a button, you can easily answer, make, and disconnect from conference calls by using the F9-F11 function keys.
Someone confirmed with chat it was. It also lists it in the specs
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2009
2717 posts
1391 upvotes
vivibaby wrote: Are you sure pen is included?
Follow the link to the retail page in Post #56, it explicitly lists the ThinkPad Pen Pro as being included (20VK0019US)
Deal Fanatic
May 15, 2016
6480 posts
2164 upvotes
Ah thanks.

With so many lenovo yoga tablets on sale from x1 yoga, thinkbook yoga, l13 yoga. Is this the best deal of the yogas or the other ones better? Still trying to decide whether to keep x1 yoga. Do they all have the same pen and digitalizer?