Expired Hot Deals

[Lenovo Canada] ThinkPad L380 - 13"|8th Gen i5-8250U|8GB|256GB SSD (non-IPS - $538.65, IPS touchscreen - $606.15) + 5% Rakuten

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 27th, 2020 11:18 pm
[OP]
Aug 21, 2011
954 posts
645 upvotes
Whitby

[Lenovo Canada] ThinkPad L380 - 13"|8th Gen i5-8250U|8GB|256GB SSD (non-IPS - $538.65, IPS touchscreen - $606.15) + 5% Rakuten

Thanks to slickdeals, I did a quick check on Lenovo CA and I was able to notice this laptop on clearance here as well, you will get the above pricing by applying "THINK10" coupon at checkout to get 10% off.

DO NOT FORGET 5% Cashback from Rakuten & Apply THINK10 coupon at checkout

Below image gives a quick comparison of the 2 models, the main difference is the IPS touchscreen on the Black version.

Based on the discussions at SD, keyboard is non-backlit and RAM is upgradeable upto 32GB.

EDIT: THINK10 seems to be dead based on comments, apply EXTRA5 to knock off 5%.
Annotation 2020-02-06 203922.png
Last edited by abshahul on Feb 11th, 2020 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Koodo Mobile | Stack | Lyft | Instagram
73 replies
Sep 4, 2017
202 posts
378 upvotes
good price, wish these werent so bulky though...
Deal Fanatic
Apr 25, 2006
5728 posts
870 upvotes
8gb. Meh good surfing machine.

Really dim screen.
"If you make a mistake but then change your ways, it is like never having made a mistake at all" - Confucius
Aug 26, 2008
806 posts
317 upvotes
Montreal
1xTiMeR wrote: 8gb. Meh good surfing machine.

Really dim screen.
It has upgradable RAM, you can easily go to 32gb. HDD is upgradable too. I had an l380 yoga, it was a bit more bulky than an x380 but was otherwise a nice system.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2014
2747 posts
1609 upvotes
Langley
jedimyrmidon wrote: Good deal? Unremarkable deal?
I would say this is a fantastic deal. Difficult to find a better deal given the specs. I would go for the touchscreen model though, the non ips screen resolution is 10 years old with a 720p resolution, noticeable even on a 13" screen.

If I didn't have three laptops already or if I had a kid that needed a laptop, I would jump on this extremely fast. I would prefer the silver though, the black is so annoying as it collects oil and grease like no other, I take a microfibre cloth with me daily with my thinkpad. Love lenovo, hate the black fingerprint magnet of a machine. at 3.22lbs it isn't that heavy either. I would say this is a deal and a half. The specs are fantastic for browsing, school work, excel, etc. More than you would need if you're an average user (most people think they're an above average computer user, but in reality, you're not. Unless you do heavy gaming or editing, you're average.. sorry to say).
Apr 27, 2013
404 posts
372 upvotes
coolkunal wrote: How ?
From Rakuten's website look for Lenovo SMB Pro and create your account.
Jul 27, 2017
133 posts
51 upvotes
namomaz wrote: From Rakuten's website look for Lenovo SMB Pro and create your account.
Unfortunately with Lenovo SMB Pro, I cant get 'THINK10' to work. It works with the normal website though. Any other code that I can try ?
Apr 27, 2013
404 posts
372 upvotes
coolkunal wrote: Unfortunately with Lenovo SMB Pro, I cant get 'THINK10' to work. It works with the normal website though. Any other code that I can try ?
I wish I could help but I'm in the same situation as you.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2014
2747 posts
1609 upvotes
Langley
navdeepnippy wrote: I had purchased below from costco over a month ago: https://www.costco.ca/hp-15-ef0028ca-la ... 36870.html

touchscreen is not that important to me, so I think I should stick with my current purchase which had cost me 616 at that time with available discounts.
I think the biggest factor for your HP and the Lenovo is the form factor. I just can't do smaller computer screens anymore as my daily. 15" is the minimum for me these days, I guess i'm getting old. I'm a big fan of the new AMD cpu's, so I would say that is also a deal. Plus, having a number pad is important for me.

The only difference the HP has versus the lenovo is the build quality. I have a 13" Envy and while it's nice to look at, it's just not as solid as my thinkpad. Lenovo computers just seem a little more rugged overall. Plus the keyboard on Lenovo's are the gold standard, so if it's your daily driver that can make a difference.
Sep 7, 2008
154 posts
25 upvotes
jellytime wrote: I think the biggest factor for your HP and the Lenovo is the form factor. I just can't do smaller computer screens anymore as my daily. 15" is the minimum for me these days, I guess i'm getting old. I'm a big fan of the new AMD cpu's, so I would say that is also a deal. Plus, having a number pad is important for me.

The only difference the HP has versus the lenovo is the build quality. I have a 13" Envy and while it's nice to look at, it's just not as solid as my thinkpad. Lenovo computers just seem a little more rugged overall. Plus the keyboard on Lenovo's are the gold standard, so if it's your daily driver that can make a difference.
Thanks for the affirmation, my HP laptop is a once in a while thing, when I am working from home.