Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Lenovo Canada

ThinkPad P14s Gen 2 AMD Ryzen 7 5850U/16GB/256GB $1,036

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 24th, 2022 2:41 pm
Deal Guru
Mar 28, 2006
11836 posts
2656 upvotes
Does T14 or P14s support asymmetric dual channel?
Dhanushan wrote: There are two types of dual channel operating modes - symmetric and asymmetric. The symmetric one requires a pair of DIMMs with same capacity, the asymmetric requires only that both slots are occupied (the capacity of both DIMMs is different). Afaik, there is very little performance degradation in asymmetric mode.

https://blog.logicalincrements.com/2019 ... -channels/
https://freepctech.com/motherboard/how- ... annel-ram/
M1K3Z0R wrote: That's called Asymmetric Dual Channel.

Under ideal conditions, If you have 16GB + 32B, the first 16GB of the 32GB stick runs in dual channel, once that fills up the remaining 16GB of the 32GB stick runs in single channel. Using lower timings and having dual rank modules also helps, at least in benchmarks. IMHO, more RAM is preferable to matched ram or slightly faster ram.
People around you may have weaken immune system (or live with one). Wear a mask if possible, especially if you have cold symptoms.
Oct 30, 2007
133 posts
17 upvotes
Regina
How do people like their P14s so far? I have had mine for more than two months and upgraded to Windows 11. While so far I have no regrets of the purchase, it is also noticeable that I experienced one BSOD already, and once it stopped booting with a fan error. Both times it recovered by just restarting but it has me worried a bit as my old T500 did not have any such issues in 12 years of use. Well still a few months of warranty left .

Also thumbs up to Lenovo for quickly processing two price adjustment requests.
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2017
2935 posts
1412 upvotes
GTA
Anyone upgraded to win11?

So far I’m happy with this laptop.
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2017
2935 posts
1412 upvotes
GTA
merlin666 wrote: How do people like their P14s so far? I have had mine for more than two months and upgraded to Windows 11. While so far I have no regrets of the purchase, it is also noticeable that I experienced one BSOD already, and once it stopped booting with a fan error. Both times it recovered by just restarting but it has me worried a bit as my old T500 did not have any such issues in 12 years of use. Well still a few months of warranty left .

Also thumbs up to Lenovo for quickly processing two price adjustment requests.
Do you see any slowness after upgrading to win11?
Oct 30, 2007
133 posts
17 upvotes
Regina
No impact on performance at all I think that camera got additional features. But one morning it had itself turned off and I had to press power several times to get it back up. I think will call support next time there is something going on.