Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Lenovo Canada

ThinkPad P14s Gen 2 AMD Ryzen 7 5850U/16GB/256GB $1,036

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 24th, 2022 2:41 pm
Deal Expert
Dec 19, 2001
31347 posts
2020 upvotes
Fernando Poo
82 wrote: Did you checkout as guest? I keep stuck at "Proceed to Checkout" yesterday. I gave up and will wait for BF deal.
I've come to the conclusion that Black Friday is a myth.
Welcome to the Minitrue FDs, Ficdep
Aug 23, 2010
395 posts
155 upvotes
Montr
But does it really takes this long ? Is it really worth the wait? Thats another 6 months, a lot of deals can/ will happen in the meantime no?
hagbard wrote: in the Reddit group, there's currently someone who ordered Aug 27th who's shipping time in late March next year.
Aug 25, 2006
328 posts
134 upvotes
Cambridge
The Ryzen 5 model says it should arrive by September 27 for me
[solicitation removed]
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2019
1716 posts
10700 upvotes
tsx wrote: But does it really takes this long ? Is it really worth the wait? Thats another 6 months, a lot of deals can/ will happen in the meantime no?
If you cannot wait, you can keep an eye on T14 AMD Gen 2, whose shipping time tends to be much more reasonable.

https://www.lenovo.com/ca/en/perkopolis ... 2TPT14T4A1

The model with part number 20XK0019US looks pretty good (5850U, 16GB, 512GB, low-power 400nits, $1359). It is temporarily unavailable for now.

The model which is ready to ship is selling for $1693.
Jan 2, 2006
243 posts
32 upvotes
Mississauga
What’s the difference between the T14 and the P14s?
I thought it used to be the graphics chip but aren’t these now both using the built in Ryzen graphics?
Configuring them both in the same way makes the T14 $200 more.
What am I missing?
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2006
1960 posts
675 upvotes
Haven't followed laptop hardware for quite few years, are AMD CPUs better than Intel in general nowadays?

Is the integrated AMD GPU good enough for workstation like this? why no option for GPU upgrade?

How is the power/heat management improved? Is it still heating up quickly with fan running at high speed and lots of noises?

still rocking my old W520 with dedicated Nvidia GPU...
Temp. Banned
Jun 20, 2020
17142 posts
22927 upvotes
Toronto
Corwin1066 wrote: What’s the difference between the T14 and the P14s?
I thought it used to be the graphics chip but aren’t these now both using the built in Ryzen graphics?
What am I missing?
Yes, AMD T14 and P14s uses integrated Radeon Graphics

Some T14 configurations have a Nano-SIM card slot

The P14s goes through Independent Software Vendors (ISVs) certifications
https://www.thinkworkstations.com/isv-certifications/

Are you comparing sale or regular prices?
Destiny is all
Jan 2, 2006
243 posts
32 upvotes
Mississauga
Dhanushan wrote: Are you comparing sale or regular prices?
I just used the two links provided in this thread from Perkopolis.
I started with the base configuration and equipped them identically.
The T14 was about $200 more.
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2006
1411 posts
385 upvotes
sircool wrote: Haven't followed laptop hardware for quite few years, are AMD CPUs better than Intel in general nowadays?

Is the integrated AMD GPU good enough for workstation like this? why no option for GPU upgrade?

How is the power/heat management improved? Is it still heating up quickly with fan running at high speed and lots of noises?

still rocking my old W520 with dedicated Nvidia GPU...
Ryzen CPUs (APUs) since zen 2 gen (4000 series and upwards) have quite incredible integrated GPUs, and Zen3 5000 series APUs (like the top end 5850U right now) is pretty much the BEST solution without dedicated GPU money can buy right now, it's better than most low end GPUs nowadays. As far as CPU and integrated GPU goes, this is the best way to go + still keep decent power efficiency VS CPU + discrete GPU.

It's a very powerful laptop. I acquired a P14s gen 1 with 4750U APU, and it was crazy fast and could even play recent games on reasonable settings. In my case I returned it because the LCD was quite bad for my taste and it had a touchpad not working issue when resuming from sleep state, even with latest BIOS, firmwares and drivers. Those 2 factors made me return it.

With the 5850U option, 400nits LCD option, and assuming that the touchpad issue resolved, it's a solid deal for a high-performance laptop with decent mobility.

As far as cooling goes, fan would spin up when peaking loads were active, but still manageable as far as noise is concerned.
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
14352 posts
3590 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
Mephod wrote: TBH i love the look of thinkpads. They look like what they are, very high build quality, functional machines.
Yeah, me too. I've always been a fan of the matte black. My sister has the aluminum lid X1 Yoga, which is pretty nice, but it's dark grey.

Anyways, I don't know what the other guy is talking about, as notebooks all pretty much have kept the same basic designs from the past ten years or more. Except for gaming notebooks, don't they all look pretty conservative?

sircool wrote: still rocking my old W520 with dedicated Nvidia GPU...
I scored a deal on a W520 some years ago off Craigslist. Quite happy with it. I recently saw a W510 with touchscreen that was tempting me, but resisted. I would have swapped lids then resold the W510.

Oh yeah, one thing I don't like about the W520 is the 170W brick. When I first saw it, I was like, "WTF?"
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2019
1716 posts
10700 upvotes
Corwin1066 wrote: What’s the difference between the T14 and the P14s?
What am I missing?
T14 tends to cost more than P14s with the same specs.

At one time, P14s AMD was selling for $750, which was a crazy deal.
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2009
7640 posts
4332 upvotes
Debtario
Just had to come in here to say that these are awesome machines, get em while you can when they drop on sale. The low gamut 250nit display isn't so bad for day to day general use, more than bright enough for me and I hook up an external QHD screen most of the time anyway. It still kills old crappy thinkpad TN displays with terrible viewing angles.
qfli78 wrote: T14 tends to cost more than P14s with the same specs.

That was a crazy hot deal! I got that one from back in February, so glad I pulled the trigger. Took over a month to ship, but still better than expected - I was fearing that they would just cancel the order like the did with the M75q tiny orders around that time.

Lenovo gave me a $50 credit for the shipping delay and I got $50 from rakuten as a courtesy (had to fight/beg, they won't allow their cashback to stack with perkopolis even though their chrome extension says it was working). Brings tears to my eyes when I see people posting old Thinkpads in the BST/Kijiji/FBM for as much or more than what I paid for for this P14s,
"I possess a device, in my pocket, capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers"
Deal Expert
Dec 19, 2001
31347 posts
2020 upvotes
Fernando Poo
qfli78 wrote: T14 tends to cost more than P14s with the same specs.

I'm waiting for that one.
Welcome to the Minitrue FDs, Ficdep
Nov 27, 2014
104 posts
26 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
I noticed you can configure a nice version that ships in 5-7 business days with the 5650, but add $40 to include the 5850 and the ship date jumps to 3+ months. Might as well wait for Black Friday instead. Why even list the 5850 as an option Lenovo, if you won't have any for months?
Nov 22, 2019
839 posts
629 upvotes
Does the discount also apply to T14s AMD version by any chance ?
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2003
4927 posts
535 upvotes
Winnipeg
Did anyone place an order an get charged on their credit card immediately even though the shipping will be +3 months later?
Jan 21, 2010
526 posts
687 upvotes
Brantford
bobclair wrote: Does the discount also apply to T14s AMD version by any chance ?
Doesn't look like it.
t14s.png
Nov 23, 2018
14 posts
11 upvotes
BC
I just ordered the 5650U model for $1011. (Part Number: 21A0003HUS)

Following up on some comments mentioned above:
- I also was unable to check out using my Lenovo account (Proceed to Checkout button wasn't working). I tried both Chrome and Firefox and same issue. So I checked out as guest.
- Warranty options were also not available for me.
- my credit card alert says the full amount was charged immediately, but the confirmation email from Lenovo says " this is an authorization hold only, not an actual charge. Your card will be charged at the time your order ships".

Thanks OP!

Edit: initially my order status showed ETA of Feb 28 2022. the ETA changed several times. My order shipped on Sept 29!
Last edited by daveo0011 on Sep 29th, 2021 12:56 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Aug 25, 2006
328 posts
134 upvotes
Cambridge
cipher wrote: Did anyone place an order an get charged on their credit card immediately even though the shipping will be +3 months later?
yeah i got charged it looks like.. it said it would ship in 5-7 days initially, but now it is showing it will only come in december.. both ryzen 5 and ryzen 7 orders are slated for december now it seems
[solicitation removed]

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)