Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Lenovo Canada

ThinkPad P14s Gen 2 AMD Ryzen 7 5850U/16GB/256GB $1,036

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 24th, 2022 2:41 pm
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2003
4927 posts
535 upvotes
Winnipeg
superspud9 wrote: yeah i got charged it looks like.. it said it would ship in 5-7 days initially, but now it is showing it will only come in december.. both ryzen 5 and ryzen 7 orders are slated for december now it seems
Mine says Jan 2022...Disappointed But Relieved Face
May 21, 2015
499 posts
274 upvotes
cipher wrote: Mine says Jan 2022...😥
just in time for Rembrandt's release lol
Deal Fanatic
Sep 22, 2012
6285 posts
7458 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Seijuro wrote: The deal link contains OP's click id for rakuten.
I suggest you remove it before placing your order.

link should be:
https://www.lenovo.com/ca/en/perkopolis ... 2WSP144SA2
No, it's RFD's affiliate link, not OP's. Anyways, Rakuten isn't supposed to work with purchase portals like Perkopolis, but YMMV. I heard the extension helps.
Sep 26, 2008
795 posts
649 upvotes
Memory and storage are the 2 most common failures. Whenever they solder on memory, they really don't want it to last. Kind of bs for a $1k+ laptop.
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
14366 posts
3608 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
No amount of money can change the laws of physics. Unfortunately, we don't have TARDIS technology.
Deal Addict
Jun 3, 2011
2415 posts
652 upvotes
Winnipeg
Is there an option to go with a 4k screen and this processor? I'm having trouble finding a P14 with 4k. Thanks!
😉
Jul 9, 2019
717 posts
2669 upvotes
I was given this (a P14 16GB RAM ThinkPad) as WFH laptop at start of lockdowns. Hated it tbh, not a fan of Lenovo's design, material, build quality, average trackpad, silly red dot. Made an excuse and swapped for XPS.
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2009
7660 posts
4365 upvotes
Debtario
Hahahapxl wrote: I was given this (a P14 16GB RAM ThinkPad) as WFH laptop at start of lockdowns. Hated it tbh, not a fan of Lenovo's design, material, build quality, average trackpad, silly red dot. Made an excuse and swapped for XPS.
That silly red dot one of the Thinkpad's best features!
"I possess a device, in my pocket, capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers"
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2003
4927 posts
535 upvotes
Winnipeg
Hahahapxl wrote: I was given this (a P14 16GB RAM ThinkPad) as WFH laptop at start of lockdowns. Hated it tbh, not a fan of Lenovo's design, material, build quality, average trackpad, silly red dot. Made an excuse and swapped for XPS.
Build quality? Seriously? There's a reason so many businesses standardize on Lenovo. My work pretty slow at upgrading our laptops. We all have Lenovos and we are typically are upgraded once every 8 years. Due to the pandemic, my current Lenovo work laptop is 10 years old. Many years ago I got in on the Lenovo W520 laptop deal posted here on RFD. I've been using it since then until last month. Now my engineering brother in-law has it and is using it to write python apps.
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2009
7660 posts
4365 upvotes
Debtario
cipher wrote: Build quality? Seriously? There's a reason so many businesses standardize on Lenovo. My work pretty slow at upgrading our laptops. We all have Lenovos and we are typically are upgraded once every 8 years. Due to the pandemic, my current Lenovo work laptop is 10 years old. Many years ago I got in on the Lenovo W520 laptop deal posted here on RFD. I've been using it since then until last month. Now my engineering brother in-law has it and is using it to write python apps.
Agreed 100%. Build quality is the last thing I'd knock against the P/T/X/W class, way above average in all regards except the screen and touchpad (both which can be DIY upgraded). Speaking of upgrades, Thinkpads are still quite upgradeable compared to most other laptops out there, they tend to share plenty of common parts across models and generations, there 's wealth of knowledge online of How to do what, and there have even been some custom made solutions to overcoming technical challenges (i.e - the LVDS to eDP converter made to allow the T430 to use 1080p IPS panels from later generations!).

Support is another big one, lenovo keeps rolling out BIOS and driver updates for older machines far longer than other OEMs. They also keep an archive of all the old drivers dating back to the 90's, and offer phenomenal linux support!. May not matter to the average joe that upgrades frequently, but for anyone keeping their computer long term (like most businesses) combined with the thinkpad's reliability/longevity you won't be running into planned obsolescence anytime soon.

I got a P14s gen 1 and I was thinking of dumping my basement beater T430 in favour of one of the newer Dell machines from the deals posted here. Well, I got to try one of the Dells in person and while the specs may be excellent value, the laptop feels like a cheap child's toy. The keyboards on the overwhelming majority of consumer laptops really suck in comparison to a Thinkpad keyboard. The T430 stays!
"I possess a device, in my pocket, capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers"
Deal Expert
Dec 19, 2001
31347 posts
2020 upvotes
Fernando Poo

I too have a T430, couldn't imagine trading it out for a Dell anything.
Welcome to the Minitrue FDs, Ficdep
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2003
4927 posts
535 upvotes
Winnipeg
M1K3Z0R wrote: Agreed 100%. Build quality is the last thing I'd knock against the P/T/X/W class, way above average in all regards except the screen and touchpad (both which can be DIY upgraded). Speaking of upgrades, Thinkpads are still quite upgradeable compared to most other laptops out there, they tend to share plenty of common parts across models and generations, there 's wealth of knowledge online of How to do what, and there have even been some custom made solutions to overcoming technical challenges (i.e - the LVDS to eDP converter made to allow the T430 to use 1080p IPS panels from later generations!).

Support is another big one, lenovo keeps rolling out BIOS and driver updates for older machines far longer than other OEMs. They also keep an archive of all the old drivers dating back to the 90's, and offer phenomenal linux support!. May not matter to the average joe that upgrades frequently, but for anyone keeping their computer long term (like most businesses) combined with the thinkpad's reliability/longevity you won't be running into planned obsolescence anytime soon.

I got a P14s gen 1 and I was thinking of dumping my basement beater T430 in favour of one of the newer Dell machines from the deals posted here. Well, I got to try one of the Dells in person and while the specs may be excellent value, the laptop feels like a cheap child's toy. The keyboards on the overwhelming majority of consumer laptops really suck in comparison to a Thinkpad keyboard. The T430 stays!
Thinkpads are like Toyotas. Sure they're not the the flashiest of laptops, but they're built like tanks. Dell's XPS are like Jaguars. Great to look at, but put together like a house of cards. A couple of years ago I ordered an XPS 13 with a 4k screen from the Microsoft Store. It was a stunning laptop and the display was eye popping. But it failed one week after I got it. The screen would go black depending on the angle of the lid. So I RMA'd it back to Microsoft and they sent me a new one. The new one had a defective keyboard. An entire row of keys "ASDFGHJKJL" didn't work at all. So I sent it back. I checked various forums for Dell computers and I couldn't believe the number of complaints about people had about new laptops shipped with defects. So I crossed Dell off my list forever.
Deal Addict
Jun 3, 2011
2415 posts
652 upvotes
Winnipeg
Sorry to ask again but the site is really broken for me. Is there an option to get this with a 4k screen even if it's more? Does anyone have a link? Thanks :)
😉
Aug 25, 2006
328 posts
134 upvotes
Cambridge
bman77 wrote: Sorry to ask again but the site is really broken for me. Is there an option to get this with a 4k screen even if it's more? Does anyone have a link? Thanks :)
The very first time I configured this laptop a couple weeks ago, I saw the 4k option. Since then, I have not seen the 4k option show up anymore
[solicitation removed]
Deal Addict
Jun 3, 2011
2415 posts
652 upvotes
Winnipeg
superspud9 wrote: The very first time I configured this laptop a couple weeks ago, I saw the 4k option. Since then, I have not seen the 4k option show up anymore
Thanks! Yeah I read that it should be available but I don't see it either. Guess I'll hold out :)
😉
Aug 28, 2021
22 posts
23 upvotes
bman77 wrote: Thanks! Yeah I read that it should be available but I don't see it either. Guess I'll hold out :)
I'm in the same boat. Only need the entry level Thinkpad specs, but want the nicer screen. Fingers crossed.
Deal Expert
Dec 19, 2001
31347 posts
2020 upvotes
Fernando Poo
Wouldn't be so keen an a 4k on a laptop in general, but Lenovo in particular, many use PWM to control brightness. That's why we bought our X1 Yoga Gen 4 with a standard FHD display even though it was more than the 4k models that had better specs.
Last edited by hagbard on Sep 6th, 2021 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Welcome to the Minitrue FDs, Ficdep
Deal Addict
Aug 26, 2008
1261 posts
1149 upvotes
Montreal
bman77 wrote: Is there an option to go with a 4k screen and this processor? I'm having trouble finding a P14 with 4k. Thanks!
If you choose any amount of add-on memory, the 4k option becomes available. Apparently it's a very good, calibrated display as well.