Expired Hot Deals

Lenovo Canada

ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 AMD Ryzen 5 Pro 5650U; 1080p 400nits; 512GB SSD; 8GB DDR4 - $792 before tax

Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2004
4204 posts
1175 upvotes
Mississauga
AkiraK wrote: My return still hasn't been processed. Is this normal? On Monday January 3rd on Ebay, I finally got the 'expect a refund in 3-5 days', and now it says refund window closed, but I still haven't gotten the money?
Same boat

My previous lenovo(direct, not through ebay) refund also took close to a month to see the credit with me doing 2 online chat with a rep there.

Not sure if this is going to be same thing again. Confused Face
Nov 8, 2017
137 posts
87 upvotes
wing0 wrote: Same boat

My previous lenovo(direct, not through ebay) refund also took close to a month to see the credit with me doing 2 online chat with a rep there.

Not sure if this is going to be same thing again. Confused Face

On the Ebay website at least, it says that the item isn't covered by Ebay's moneyback guarantee? What is happening?
Mar 26, 2013
143 posts
84 upvotes
GTA
Anyone else having the same issue as me where i'll put this laptop on sleep mode and close the lid, but every few mins or so the fan will kick on and off (only stays on for like 1-2 seconds). Can't find a clear answer searching the web and it's driving me a bit crazy.
Jul 14, 2008
16 posts
4 upvotes
Yes my machine does the same thing, except its not an issue for me.
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2004
4204 posts
1175 upvotes
Mississauga
AkiraK wrote: On the Ebay website at least, it says that the item isn't covered by Ebay's moneyback guarantee? What is happening?
It's been 10 business days since they received the return.
Have you gotten your refund?
I opened an ebay case.
Jul 23, 2002
159 posts
54 upvotes
I'm having this issue as well. Have you been able to find a solution?
UnluckyDucky wrote: Anyone else having the same issue as me where i'll put this laptop on sleep mode and close the lid, but every few mins or so the fan will kick on and off (only stays on for like 1-2 seconds). Can't find a clear answer searching the web and it's driving me a bit crazy.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2004
4013 posts
1375 upvotes
Toronto
UnluckyDucky wrote: Anyone else having the same issue as me where i'll put this laptop on sleep mode and close the lid, but every few mins or so the fan will kick on and off (only stays on for like 1-2 seconds). Can't find a clear answer searching the web and it's driving me a bit crazy.
I wonder if there is a firmware (BIOS) update to fix this. The latest version is probably https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/ca/en/prod ... IOS%2FUEFI

(I'm just guessing -- I don't have one of these notebooks and I rarely use Windows.)

There might be other driver updates. There's a Lenovo utility to look for these. It might be called "Lenovo System Update". It might not recommend installing an available firmware (BIOS) update but I would.
Mar 26, 2013
143 posts
84 upvotes
GTA
Thanks @Hugh for the suggestion, although I’ve read on some forums that the bios update didn’t work for other models so I’m still not sure.. for now I’ve just gotten use to it lol but hoping to find the answer some day, I’ll check into lenovos updates as you mention
Dec 1, 2006
113 posts
39 upvotes
Same issue.. just got used to it.

probably does not bode well for the lifespan of the laptop

frustrating as my work laptop is the exact same model though a year older.... and it's been rock solid

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)