Expired Hot Deals

Lenovo Canada

ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 AMD Ryzen 5 Pro 5650U; 1080p 400nits; 512GB SSD; 8GB DDR4 - $792 before tax

Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2005
1830 posts
127 upvotes
Southern ontario
getting error 500 on check out :(
Deal Guru
Jun 20, 2020
12060 posts
14544 upvotes
Toronto
Sunmax wrote: 8 GB DDR4 3200MHz (Soldered).

So can't upgrade the RAM?
OP already answered this in post #1

Also Lenovo has provided all the info needed on upgrading this model

Product Specifications Reference (PSREF) - ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 (AMD)

(English) Hardware Maintenance Manual - ThinkPad P14s Gen 2, T14 Gen 2
morningwoodglory wrote: Model 20XK0016US

Can upgrade the RAM with an additional 8GB stick for about $35 from Amazon as well.
Destiny is all
Nov 28, 2019
101 posts
50 upvotes
Got one thanks OP searched high and low for a deal on the Lenovo. Can someone explain how to upgrade the RAM with an additional 8GB stick for about $35 from Amazon as well?
May 17, 2009
487 posts
1595 upvotes
Toronto
TechGuyMTL wrote: How did you do it to activate the cashback exactly? Login to Rakuten site, go to the Lenovo shop, then switch to the Perkopolis site?
This
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2017
1462 posts
2341 upvotes
Don Freak wrote:
This
TechGuyMTL wrote: How did you do it to activate the cashback exactly? Login to Rakuten site, go to the Lenovo shop, then switch to the Perkopolis site?
They closed the loophole. Even if your Perkopolis cashback show up, Rakuten will drop it before payout date.
Deal Guru
Jun 20, 2020
12060 posts
14544 upvotes
Toronto
nina23 wrote: Got one thanks OP searched high and low for a deal on the Lenovo. Can someone explain how to upgrade the RAM with an additional 8GB stick for about $35 from Amazon as well?
Very easy

The hardware maintenance manual has instructions (with diagrams) needed to access the RAM slot

(English) Hardware Maintenance Manual - ThinkPad P14s Gen 2, T14 Gen 2

YouTube videos on upgrading these models are available

Destiny is all
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2012
4810 posts
4503 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Ragas321 wrote: Can you game at all with this laptop??
Depends on your idea of gaming.

It'll run Stardew Valley great. :)
Sep 21, 2019
216 posts
381 upvotes
rugerty100 wrote: Depends on your idea of gaming.

It'll run Stardew Valley great. :)
I'll take that as not so good for fps
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2004
4204 posts
1174 upvotes
Mississauga
aintic wrote: They closed the loophole. Even if your Perkopolis cashback show up, Rakuten will drop it before payout date.
So even if we try to email and claim cashback. They can add it and before payout, it can be removed upon review?

Will airmilesshops work for this like repasting the Perkopolis url on top of the session?
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2012
4810 posts
4503 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Ragas321 wrote: I'll take that as not so good for fps
I was joking a bit, but it's actually not too bad for popular eSports games if all the settings are cranked down low.
Jan 24, 2018
41 posts
34 upvotes
So without rakuten, it's still a good price at 895 in Ontario? Or better to wait for boxing day?
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2017
1462 posts
2341 upvotes
wing0 wrote:
So even if we try to email and claim cashback. They can add it and before payout, it can be removed upon review?

Will airmilesshops work for this like repasting the Perkopolis url on top of the session?
Nah I was referring to the rare situation where it shows up automatically then drops off. Happened to me when using Rakuten Chrome add-on.

If you email, most likely you'll get rejected from the get go. They've been very strict with Perkopolis.
Apr 21, 2012
142 posts
60 upvotes
Vancouver
Thanks for sharing this hot deal, Op! I was eyeing on a higher performance machine but decided it'd be overkill for my usage and finally went for this one instead, just need to add 8GM of RAM. Hopefully it will ship soon!

It should the same price as the eBay deal even if 12% CB from Rakuten doesn't work, as eBay charges tax on the listed price before coupon.
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2009
6854 posts
3370 upvotes
Debtario
aintic wrote: Nah I was referring to the rare situation where it shows up automatically then drops off. Happened to me when using Rakuten Chrome add-on.

If you email, most likely you'll get rejected from the get go. They've been very strict with Perkopolis.
This is what happened to my with my P14s order from Feb of this year. It was there, then went to $0.00. Had to email Rakuten a few times and they eventually gave me a $50 courtesy credit instead of the $67 or whatever that I should have got. Lenovo also gave me $52 back because of shipping delays.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers"
Dec 26, 2004
797 posts
470 upvotes
Mississauga
It has an optional SIM card slot. Any recommendation to install a LTE SIM module?

I have a data only SIM which I can use in this laptop if the card slot works.
Sep 21, 2019
216 posts
381 upvotes
rugerty100 wrote: I was joking a bit, but it's actually not too bad for popular eSports games if all the settings are cranked down low.
Thanks for the input I think I'll wait for a decent deal on a gaming lappy
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
4567 posts
2095 upvotes
Is this an actual hot deal? Are Thinkpads still built like tanks?
Sep 25, 2009
883 posts
682 upvotes
krupalK wrote: So without rakuten, it's still a good price at 895 in Ontario? Or better to wait for boxing day?
They have extended return period until 17JAN for all purchase before 17DEC

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)