Expired Hot Deals

Lenovo Canada

ThinkPad X1 Carbon Gen 9 i5-1135G7 / 16GB RAM / 256GB SSD $1,611.90

[OP]
Member
Jul 28, 2017
327 posts
511 upvotes

[Lenovo Canada] ThinkPad X1 Carbon Gen 9 i5-1135G7 / 16GB RAM / 256GB SSD $1,611.90

Passcode: Perkp0p0l1$

Pick the $1,515.15 "build your own" and select the 16GB ram.

Note, you can upgrade to the touch screen for $19.35 more.
21 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2019
1262 posts
5357 upvotes
Gobeyond wrote: I have been waiting for the X1C8 to go on sale but it hasnt yet.
If you are waiting, I would suggest to wait for X1C9 to go on sale. At least it has 16:10 display :-)
Newbie
Oct 28, 2020
5 posts
1 upvote
Vancouver
Can this one worked with Rakuten cash back?
Deal Expert
User avatar
Nov 7, 2003
20951 posts
1205 upvotes
Shanghai, China
I'm waiting for the ability to add a WWAN. After using an LTE iPad Pro, I don't think I can go back to a mobile device that doesn't connect directly to the internet.
Member
Jul 5, 2010
461 posts
229 upvotes
Dell xps 13 is better gen 11 i7 512gb ssd/ 16gb ram 1300?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 19, 2002
4333 posts
3303 upvotes
Vancouver
chicu1981 wrote: Dell xps 13 is better gen 11 i7 512gb ssd/ 16gb ram 1300?
Most people will be happier with the Carbon X1. More ports, bigger display, weighs less, better keyboard.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 7, 2004
1124 posts
215 upvotes
PACIFIC
Spinner wrote: Most people will be happier with the Carbon X1. More ports, bigger display, weighs less, better keyboard.
Idk. Lenovo used to have part lotteries, don't know if they still do. Like you might get the inferior keyboard, the inferior fan, etc. My X1C had the louder fan with a design flaw (more info on reddit), uneven lid, and the camera cover fell off-for a relatively pricey laptop. Sometimes, the computer overheats and freezes/don't wake up from sleep. (My Surface tablet/PC never had that issue, and always worked till I sold it. Thinking about it, my Inspiron worked flawlessly for over 4 years, till one RAM stopped working possibly from me unsafely removing a USB device. My older ThinkPads were reliable too. From my exp, the ThinkPads from 201X are not as reliable as older ThinkPads.)

Lenovo customer service was not good to deal with from my most most recent experiences unlike in 200X-early 201X. Waited for a long time to talk to someone only to get hung up, then they shipped the return shipping box to the wrong addresses twice, giving me wrong info such as the return shipping box was left with a carrier company when it was never there per the shipping company. But perhaps, all electronics/computer companies (except Apple?) have equally bad customer service (cost cutting to satisfy the shareholders)? Idk.
Newbie
Nov 25, 2018
50 posts
51 upvotes
I recently purchased a P14s Gen2 and everything is tight as a snare drum. Inquired with Lenovo premium support and they were responsive. Couldn't answer my questions but happy with the same/next business day responses.

I even phrased my summation of the notebook incorrectly and they offered to replace the entire unit immediately. Turns out I was just expecting too much (its not a 144hz panel).

The UHD screen also verified to be 540nit and 100% dci p3 so, yeah, its gorgeous.

No qualms dealing with lenovo here, last time i did was around 2006.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Jun 27, 2004
13414 posts
2628 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
qfli78 wrote: If you are waiting, I would suggest to wait for X1C9 to go on sale. At least it has 16:10 display :-)
In case it matters to you.
With the new ThinkPad X1 Carbon Gen 9, Lenovo introduces additional changes - it is not a full-size keyboard anymore, and the key caps are less tall than before.
https://www.notebookcheck.net/X1-Carbon ... 996.0.html
Member
Jul 5, 2010
461 posts
229 upvotes
Spinner wrote: Most people will be happier with the Carbon X1. More ports, bigger display, weighs less, better keyboard.
not really
slower processor
half the ram
half the ssd
same weight 2.6lbs vs 2.5lbs
same dimensions
less port xps 13 has 2 thunderbolt 4 pots and 1 USB 3.2 PowerDelivery/DisplayPortP port

I guess some people will be happy with their choice


$300 more.
Sr. Member
Aug 5, 2008
627 posts
388 upvotes
Fllay wrote:
Idk. Lenovo used to have part lotteries, don't know if they still do. Like you might get the inferior keyboard, the inferior fan, etc. My X1C had the louder fan with a design flaw (more info on reddit), uneven lid, and the camera cover fell off-for a relatively pricey laptop. Sometimes, the computer overheats and freezes/don't wake up from sleep. (My Surface tablet/PC never had that issue, and always worked till I sold it. Thinking about it, my Inspiron worked flawlessly for over 4 years, till one RAM stopped working possibly from me unsafely removing a USB device. My older ThinkPads were reliable too. From my exp, the ThinkPads from 201X are not as reliable as older ThinkPads.)

Lenovo customer service was not good to deal with from my most most recent experiences unlike in 200X-early 201X. Waited for a long time to talk to someone only to get hung up, then they shipped the return shipping box to the wrong addresses twice, giving me wrong info such as the return shipping box was left with a carrier company when it was never there per the shipping company. But perhaps, all electronics/computer companies (except Apple?) have equally bad customer service (cost cutting to satisfy the shareholders)? Idk.
I’m surprised. My 5th Gen X1 Carbon (2017) is still working great, no issues at all and I dropped it a few times. I guess the quality control is getting worse and worse each year.

Top