Expired Hot Deals

Lenovo Canada

Thinkpad Yoga 260 $1244.88 (i5-6300u/FHD IPS/8GB/128/Broadband)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 28th, 2016 9:45 am
[OP]
Nov 9, 2002
589 posts
257 upvotes

[Lenovo Canada] Thinkpad Yoga 260 $1244.88 (i5-6300u/FHD IPS/8GB/128/Broadband)

Link:

Code: Select all

http://shop.lenovo.com/ibmeppfriendca/ca/en/laptops/thinkpad/yoga-series/yoga-260/
The usual FNDEPP code....

This is not necessarily a HOT deal, but the Best Price I could find currently on this unit. I agonized for a whole week on what to get for my needs...Surface Pro 4, Yoga 900, Dell XPS, or this Yoga 260.

I thought I was set on the Surface Pro 4, but I landed on the Thinkpad Yoga 260 for a variety of reasons.....

For my needs (portability, productivity, active digitizer for on screen markups, sports telestrating, playbook creation, document editing, photo/video work etc.) I ruled out the Dell XPS as it doesn't have a touch screen. I eventually ruled out the Yoga 900 as it does not come with a pen or an active digitizer. Thought I was set on the SP4, but too many negative reviews out there, poor battery life, and no room to upgrade/add/tinker etc.

Some of the reasons I went with the Yoga 260

m.2 SATA and 2.5 SATA (correction...NO 2.5 SATA, was looking at Yoga 12 unit when saw that...whoops)
8GB DDR4 built in and an empty DDR4 slot
Broadband built in for my recent 3GB Fido data only sim for $15/month
FHD screen with 12.5" should be fine
i5-6300U with 520 graphics will suffice
128GB SATA is not a big deal, will be upgrading
Active digitizer with 2048 sensitivity level pen
Legendary keyboard, and US English (backlit)
I like the trackpoint...and it has NFC (not sure if it is of much use? maybe with Moto 360 or S6 or speaker?)
Price.....$1244.88

I also upgraded to Windows 10 Pro for $22, purchased the full size ThinkPad Pen Pro for $34, and the Onelink+ dock for $166 (wanted gigabit ethernet and 4K external display for the 43" Vizio display from Amazon Prime Day)

At the end of the day, I will be using device more as a laptop vs. anything else and the Thinkpad rules here...starting with the keyboard. I had an X61 (just resurrected it for my son to draw hockey plays on etc...runs Win10 perfectly fine), currently running an x230 as my main laptop....4 years strong (upgraded with 480GB SSD and 16GB RAM this past year)....still runs amazing with i5-3320m)

Posted the deal to maybe help others who were looking for a portable unit, that I think for many is a better option then SP4

If this is not a great deal I apologize, but I could not wait until Black Friday as I have some work that needs done in October.
Last edited by jtplayte on Oct 2nd, 2016 1:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.
17 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2006
8614 posts
3785 upvotes
12 days north of Hop…
Actually I think the discount percentage dropped today. It was 33% a few days ago, now only 28%.
Oct 16, 2010
593 posts
611 upvotes
Toronto
Link does not work - "OOPS! Your offer could not be found..."
Feb 10, 2009
86 posts
291 upvotes
Milton
Thanks for the informative post. I'm in the same boat and gathering info for a black Friday buy.
Jun 14, 2014
143 posts
44 upvotes
Toronto
There's no slot for a 2.5 inch SSD and it only has one ram slot that supports upto 16GB. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I've had this since last July although I haven't tinkered with it.
[OP]
Nov 9, 2002
589 posts
257 upvotes
I think you are correct....I was looking at the Yoga 12 when I saw a 2.5" bay...going to explore further.

Still not a deal breaker as I can easily put my own 512 or 1TB m.2 SATA drive in and repurpose the 128GB to another machine.

Thanks for the post!
[OP]
Nov 9, 2002
589 posts
257 upvotes
It does have two m.2 slots (one for SSD and the other for WWAN)...but wondering if a second m.2 SSD can be put in there instead of WWAN ?
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2006
1968 posts
649 upvotes
Toronto
I was considering the Yoga, but instead I pulled the trigger on an X1 Carbon (4th gen). Absolute beast for the size!
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2006
8614 posts
3785 upvotes
12 days north of Hop…
AMaZiNG_DeaLz wrote: Link does not work - "OOPS! Your offer could not be found..."
It's because of RFD's referral link. Can't stack RFD's commissions with EPP offers.
Dec 27, 2007
22396 posts
14697 upvotes
Kitchener
ToniCipriani wrote:
AMaZiNG_DeaLz wrote: Link does not work - "OOPS! Your offer could not be found..."
It's because of RFD's referral link. Can't stack RFD's commissions with EPP offers.
Yup, just copy paste the link in the OP.
Aug 16, 2015
151 posts
106 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
dassub wrote: I was considering the Yoga, but instead I pulled the trigger on an X1 Carbon (4th gen). Absolute beast for the size!
damn i'm torn between the 2....lol how's the weight comparison? i need a pen and lte....does the x1 support those 2 feature?
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2006
1968 posts
649 upvotes
Toronto
LordMassive wrote:
dassub wrote: I was considering the Yoga, but instead I pulled the trigger on an X1 Carbon (4th gen). Absolute beast for the size!
damn i'm torn between the 2....lol how's the weight comparison? i need a pen and lte....does the x1 support those 2 feature?
The weights are both similar, I wouldn't go off of that. The X1 Carbon does not have a touch screen, and does not fold completely 360 into a tablet form like the Yoga does (it gets to 180).
Jul 9, 2007
285 posts
94 upvotes
jtplayte wrote: Link:

Code: Select all

http://shop.lenovo.com/ibmeppfriendca/ca/en/laptops/thinkpad/yoga-series/yoga-260/
The usual FNDEPP code....

This is not necessarily a HOT deal, but the Best Price I could find currently on this unit. I agonized for a whole week on what to get for my needs...Surface Pro 4, Yoga 900, Dell XPS, or this Yoga 260.

I thought I was set on the Surface Pro 4, but I landed on the Thinkpad Yoga 260 for a variety of reasons.....

For my needs (portability, productivity, active digitizer for on screen markups, sports telestrating, playbook creation, document editing, photo/video work etc.) I ruled out the Dell XPS as it doesn't have a touch screen. I eventually ruled out the Yoga 900 as it does not come with a pen or an active digitizer. Thought I was set on the SP4, but too many negative reviews out there, poor battery life, and no room to upgrade/add/tinker etc.

Some of the reasons I went with the Yoga 260

m.2 SATA and 2.5 SATA
8GB DDR4 built in and an empty DDR4 slot
Broadband built in for my recent 3GB Fido data only sim for $15/month
FHD screen with 12.5" should be fine
i5-6300U with 520 graphics will suffice
128GB SATA is not a big deal, will be upgrading/adding to that
Active digitizer with 2048 sensitivity level pen
Legendary keyboard, and US English (backlit)
I like the trackpoint...and it has NFC (not sure if it is of much use? maybe with Moto 360 or S6 or speaker?)
Price.....$1244.88

I also upgraded to Windows 10 Pro for $22, purchased the full size ThinkPad Pen Pro for $34, and the Onelink+ dock for $166 (wanted gigabit ethernet and 4K external display for the 43" Vizio display from Amazon Prime Day)

At the end of the day, I will be using device more as a laptop vs. anything else and the Thinkpad rules here...starting with the keyboard. I had an X61 (just resurrected it for my son to draw hockey plays on etc...runs Win10 perfectly fine), currently running an x230 as my main laptop....4 years strong (upgraded with 480GB SSD and 16GB RAM this past year)....still runs amazing with i5-3320m)

Posted the deal to maybe help others who were looking for a portable unit, that I think for many is a better option then SP4

If this is not a great deal I apologize, but I could not wait until Black Friday as I have some work that needs done in October.
Thanks! Great deal, IMO. Was looking at the SP4 too. I love Thinkpads, and am glad that this will do everything I need it to. LTE radio is a huge bonus.
Mar 30, 2013
31 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto
lewdvig wrote: this deal s dead!
then why did you reply? Thread was ignored for weeks until you resurrected it

Also, what is the final verdict on this? SSD upgradeable or no? Really looking out for this during Black Friday.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2006
8614 posts
3785 upvotes
12 days north of Hop…
ktonlai wrote:
lewdvig wrote: this deal s dead!
then why did you reply? Thread was ignored for weeks until you resurrected it

Also, what is the final verdict on this? SSD upgradeable or no? Really looking out for this during Black Friday.
Yes, M.2 only.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)