Expired Hot Deals

[Lenovo Canada] X1 Extreme G2 - i7/4K OLED/16GB/500GB/3YRS Warranty - $1650

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 26th, 2020 1:02 pm
Apr 26, 2012
376 posts
255 upvotes
TORONTO
Delivered! Wife was at home to sign! UPS has gotten a lot better with local pickup spot options.
Feb 14, 2007
151 posts
65 upvotes
Sheesh, mine is in Ontario, but the clearance isn't done yet and it still needs to be sent to BC. As usual UPS sucks...
May 19, 2017
193 posts
186 upvotes
Anyone who got theirs have any comments on keyboard or screen? Mine should arrive tomorrow because Ontario but I'm too impatient haha
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2006
1328 posts
711 upvotes
wakka2u wrote: thanks for heads up. was expecting it tomorrow, recently change for delivery today too = )

note: signature required
arghh.. not in the mood or excited to open it right now. giant hole in the middle of the box /through label. thanks UPS. Good thing i also got accidental warranty.

Jul 17, 2011
53 posts
51 upvotes
Mississauga
Heads up don't run windows updates as it busts the brightness controller. Your laptop will be maxed out at 100%. I'd recommend first running Lenovo's Vantage updates and then trying windows. Im still trying to figure out how to get mine fixed.
Feb 14, 2007
151 posts
65 upvotes
The updated video drivers should take care of it.
Apr 26, 2012
376 posts
255 upvotes
TORONTO
thesteve wrote: The updated video drivers should take care of it.
Not for me! Shows as a critical update as well
Feb 14, 2007
151 posts
65 upvotes
Mine was just delivered, no holes in the box!
Will fire it up this evening at home and go over it in detail.
Feb 14, 2007
151 posts
65 upvotes
sparkyrsx wrote: Not for me! Shows as a critical update as well
Edit - well I'm stuck in the same boat. Vantage did all of the updates just fine. When win10 updated I was stuck with a blinding screen. I experimented with drivers but found no proper solution. For now you can select discrete video only in bios so the Intel hardware is disabled and that will give brightness control again. The fan will be running a lot more and battery life will obviously take a hit.
Last edited by thesteve on Mar 5th, 2020 4:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Feb 14, 2007
151 posts
65 upvotes
First impressions - the fans are crazy, and the OLED screen was ruined by the touchscreen layer - no true inky blacks like my Yoga X1 OLED or Samsung S10 screen. The screen still looks amazing. but when off it has a greenish tinge instead of looking black as black gets. Now compared to a regular LCD it is still very black. But I'm picky :)

Cinebench R15 on AC, default settings - OpenGL 85.29 FPS, CPU 1084 cb
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2003
1119 posts
193 upvotes
wakka2u wrote: arghh.. not in the mood or excited to open it right now. giant hole in the middle of the box /through label. thanks UPS. Good thing i also got accidental warranty.

mine had a hole right in the middle too, that is where the hollow space between the box and laptop is. At least the laptop is fine.
Apr 26, 2012
376 posts
255 upvotes
TORONTO
thesteve wrote: First impressions - the fans are crazy, and the OLED screen was ruined by the touchscreen layer - no true inky blacks like my Yoga X1 OLED or Samsung S10 screen. The screen still looks amazing. but when off it has a greenish tinge instead of looking black as black gets. Now compared to a regular LCD it is still very black. But I'm picky :)

Cinebench R15 on AC, default settings - OpenGL 85.29 FPS, CPU 1084 cb
So keeping or returning? Thats a mighty loud fan! I’m on discrete till they update the drivers.
Feb 14, 2007
151 posts
65 upvotes
sparkyrsx wrote: So keeping or returning? Thats a mighty loud fan! I’m on discrete till they update the drivers.
Before the update nuked the screen it was doing quite well with the proper cooling settings. Regular surfing etc had no fan or the lowest fan setting which is fine.
At this time I'm leaning towards sending it back but will not decide until Monday. I really wish they hadn't used a touch layer that takes away from the screen. It doesn't look as sharp as my Yoga X1 OLED panel.
It appears the brightness issue has been around for months without a proper solution, that is a pretty huge concern.
Penalty Box
May 15, 2016
5494 posts
1862 upvotes
thesteve wrote: Before the update nuked the screen it was doing quite well with the proper cooling settings. Regular surfing etc had no fan or the lowest fan setting which is fine.
At this time I'm leaning towards sending it back but will not decide until Monday. I really wish they hadn't used a touch layer that takes away from the screen. It doesn't look as sharp as my Yoga X1 OLED panel.
It appears the brightness issue has been around for months without a proper solution, that is a pretty huge concern.
What brightness issue? Just use lenovo to update instead of windows update. That goes with all manufacturers. They test their own drivers.
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2003
1119 posts
193 upvotes
Does anyone have a diagonal line that appears when scrolling up and down a page? it goes from top left to bottom right.