Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Lenovo Canada

Yoga 6 13", Ryzen 5 5500U, 8 GB, 512 GB, FHD, IPS, 300 nits - $780 (before $54 CB)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 9th, 2021 9:20 am
[OP]
Apr 23, 2020
176 posts
1680 upvotes

[Lenovo Canada] Yoga 6 13", Ryzen 5 5500U, 8 GB, 512 GB, FHD, IPS, 300 nits - $780 (before $54 CB)

Yoga 6 (13") - Abyss Blue

AMD Ryzen™ 5 5500U Processor (2.10 GHz, up to 4.00 GHz Max Boost, 6 Cores, 12 Threads, 8 MB Cache)
Windows 10 Home 64
13.3" FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS, touchscreen, 300 nits
8 GB DDR4 3200MHz (Soldered)
512 GB PCIe SSD
720p HD Camera
Fingerprint Reader
Backlit - US English Keyboard
802.11AX (2 x 2)
Bluetooth® 5.0

7% cash back available today via Rakuten
Thread Summary
Need a new computer for school? RFD Reviews has a list of the best laptops for students!
10 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2004
1006 posts
831 upvotes
Toronto
The memory is a real issue.

8gb soldered.

Used to be fine but with the new bloat in windows + antivirus/ransomware protection + lots of browser tabs ; I've seen my office machines go beyond 8gb. Add on some light/medium gaming that this machine is capable and .... It's probably not a great deal.

The ironic thing. I have an old 8gb Lenovo Flex 5 that my 12 year old took over for remote schooling. And he regularly uses up all the ram. The kids just never close ANYTHING as they are used to the ipad /iphone model where memory is all managed by the OS. He's running zoom, a gazillion chrome tabs AND has his games (ie: fortnite) open in the background even when not playing. It's a long way of saying that the kids need a MORE powerful machine; not less unless you teach them how to manage memory properly. I ended up upgrading to to 16gb ram for him instead.
May 13, 2014
702 posts
373 upvotes
Vancouver
kleung21 wrote: The kids just never close ANYTHING as they are used to the ipad /iphone model where memory is all managed by the OS.
I've always wondered how the generation after Gen Z will view and approach "traditional" computers, so this is actually really interesting to hear.
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2009
7660 posts
4365 upvotes
Debtario
Only 8GB of soldered ram is a deal breaker
kleung21 wrote: The memory is a real issue.

8gb soldered.

Used to be fine but with the new bloat in windows + antivirus/ransomware protection + lots of browser tabs ; I've seen my office machines go beyond 8gb. Add on some light/medium gaming that this machine is capable and .... It's probably not a great deal.

The ironic thing. I have an old 8gb Lenovo Flex 5 that my 12 year old took over for remote schooling. And he regularly uses up all the ram. The kids just never close ANYTHING as they are used to the ipad /iphone model where memory is all managed by the OS. He's running zoom, a gazillion chrome tabs AND has his games (ie: fortnite) open in the background even when not playing. It's a long way of saying that the kids need a MORE powerful machine; not less unless you teach them how to manage memory properly. I ended up upgrading to to 16gb ram for him instead.
Yes, 16GB is the new comfortable minimum. 8GB is now the bare minimum.

Windows 10 seems to eat about 3.5-4GB just idling after boot, start using edge/chrome and I've hit 10GB easy with only a few tabs open! My work computer has 8GB and I've run into out of memory errors with a few heavy spreadsheets. Wild how much bloat there is, all this always on crap running in the background; at least on my personal computer I can decide what runs, but at work its onedrive, teams, this and that all chugging away.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers"
Nov 6, 2009
195 posts
121 upvotes
The discount was showing last night but has disappeared this morning. Maybe a glitch or they removed it
Aug 15, 2017
234 posts
425 upvotes
M1K3Z0R wrote: Windows 10 seems to eat about 3.5-4GB just idling after boot,
Windows also adapts to the available memoryo on your PC. If you have more to idle into it will keep more background services running, so the count your PC shows due to windows isnt really accurate.
Aug 1, 2016
466 posts
844 upvotes
I got the 5700U version of this, with 16GB of ram and the 1TB ssd. It's a really nice and sleek laptop.
Nov 26, 2019
31 posts
7 upvotes
mine shows Starting at:$1,099.99,
how to get lower price