Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Lenovo Canada

Yoga Tab 13" Tablet & Portable Monitor, 870 Octa-core, 8GB, 128GB - $459.79 (50% off after Rakuten)

Deal Fanatic
Jul 1, 2009
6219 posts
15392 upvotes
ABB Midnight Rider

[Lenovo Canada] Yoga Tab 13" Tablet & Portable Monitor, 870 Octa-core, 8GB, 128GB - $459.79 (50% off after Rakuten)

Lenovo Canada currently has a great sale on the Yoga Tab 13, their Android 11 tablet (upgrade to 12 available) with large 13" WQHD (2160 x 1350) pen capable screen, 3.2 GHz Snapdragon 870 Octa-Core, 8GB of LPDDR5 ram and 128GB of storage as well as a very unique HDMI IN capability for portable or stationary monitor/dual monitor use in addition to it's long 12 hour battery life for $549.99, $370.00 or 40% off it's standard price of $919.99.

Entering the coupon code "EXTRA5" during checkout saves another $27.40 and using Rakuten for an additional 12% cashback today only, the price drops to $459.79 before tax. On top of that, you *also* gain an additional $41 in Lenovo MyRewards for any future Lenovo equipment or accessories ($31 for the purchase, an extra $10 as a bonus until April 31st).

Don't forget to first signup for newly available to Canada MyLenovo Rewards for up to 9% in purchase rewards as well as a bonus $10 reward until May 15. See the thread summary for more details.

--

There are two options to purchasing this tablet: through Lenovo Canada with Rakuten or through Perkopolis. Here are those options and perks of each:

If purchasing this tablet via Lenovo Canada, first use Rakuten to sign in (earning you 12% cashback on 2022-04-01):

https://www.rakuten.ca/lenovo-canada

You can save another $27.50 during checkout using the coupon code: EXTRA5

If the EXTRA5 code stops working, you can save another $20 during checkout via Lenovo's $20 off $500 coupon with new Lenovo standard account signup:

https://www.lenovo.com/ca/en/landingpag ... discounts/

Alternately, this tablet can also be purchased via Perkopolis for $522.99 using code P@ss@Perko2022 with the following link:

https://www.lenovo.com/ca/en/perkopolisgold

If interested in purchasing the Yoga Tab 13 accessories: the Yoga Tab 13 Sleeve and Precision Pro 2 pen, they are both on sale via Perkopolis right now (35% and 23% off respectively).

--

The Yoga Tab 13 is a very unique android tablet as it has a large 13", hi-res WQHD screen with Lenovo Precision Pen 2 support (4,096 levels of pressure and tilt detection, sold separately for $88), 12 hour rated battery life with a built in kickstand and Alcantara covered rear. This is one of the faster performance tablets on the market for gaming, etc. Not only does this tablet have a USB-C port for charging, data transfers and video out but it also contains a unique Micro-HDMI IN port with HDCP 1.4 support, allowing it to be used as a portable or stationary primary, secondary or dual monitor for a laptop, PC or even as input for a stand alone Nintendo Switch, Steam Deck, XBox, PlayStation or other device or as a dual purpose 13" monitor plus tablet for a Raspberry Pi, linux or NAS box, etc. This is a great tablet for artists with its large 13" screen with precision pen support and is excellent as a media consumption device with its high quality quad JBL speakers, Netflix HD certification, colour accurate screen as well as Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos support.

Full Tech Specs and features from Lenovo:

• Processor: Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 870, octa-core, up to 3.2GHz
  • Graphics: Qualcomm® Adreno 650 GPU
  • Display: 13" 16:10 WQHD (2160 x 1350) LTPS (Low-Temperature PolySilicon LCD), Gorilla Glass 3, 400+ nits brightness, 1000:1 contrast ratio, 60Hz refresh rate, 100% sRGB colour gamut, Dolby Vision™ support, 10-point touchscreen
  • Memory: 8 GB LPDDR5
  • Storage: 128 GB (fast UFS 3.0)
  • Audio: 4 x JBL speakers (2 x 2W top, 2 x 2.5W bottom), Dolby Atmos, Lenovo Premium Audio Solution
  • Camera: 8MP RGB (1080p) + TOF (Face Unlock)
  • Ports: USB-C 3.2 Gen 1 (Power Delivery charging, data, DisplayPort 1.4 video out)
  • Ports: Micro-HDMI™ video IN with HDCP 1.4 support
  • Connectivity: WiFi 6 802.11AX (2 x 2), Bluetooth® 5.2
  • Battery: 12 hours (10,200 mAh)
  • Charger: Fast Charging 4.0 USB-C 30 Watt adapter (2.5 hours for full charge)
  • Colour: Shadow Black with Alcantara backing
  • Dimensions (H x W x D): 6.2 – 24.9mm x 293.35mm x 203.98mm / 0.24" - 0.98" x 11.55" x 8.03"
  • Weight: 803g / 1.83lbs
  • Pen Support: Lenovo Precision Pen 2 (Optional)
  • Operating System: Android™ 11 (Update to Android 12 available)
  • Netflix HD streaming certified

Last edited by Elrondolio on Apr 1st, 2022 12:53 pm, edited 36 times in total.
Thread Summary
Anyone who is ordering anything from Lenovo, including this tablet, should make sure to first signup for newly available in Canada MyLenovo Rewards. This gives you up to an additional 9% in rewards per purchase directly from Lenovo as well as other perks. There is also currently a spend $50 get $10 in rewards special Lenovo is running through May 15. See the following:

"Introducing new perks with MyLenovo Rewards! Sign up, shop deals, and earn up to 9% rewards back for future purchases. Also receive early access to sales, first dibs on new products, birthday rewards and other exclusive perks! New members that spend $50, get $10 in MyLenovo Rewards (March 16-May 15)! Don’t forget best time to refresh your tech, is during Lenovo's Spring Clearance sale, now through 3/31. Savings up to 69% off on Legion gaming, Yoga convertibles, Plus an extra 15% off discounted ThinkPad systems."

So, these should all stack right now in addition to the 41-43% off current sale:

• Lenovo's $20 off $500 coupon with new account signup
  • 3% cashback ($16.50) when purchased through Rakuten link or a reduced price of $522.99 when purchased through Perkopolis link
  • Up to 9% MyLenovo Rewards
  • Bonus $10 MyLenovo Rewards when you spend $50 through May 15
  • Discounts on the sleeve for this tablet as well as the Precision Pen 2 accessories when purchased through Lenovo Pro or Perkopolis
200 replies
Deal Expert
Jun 20, 2020
20144 posts
29043 upvotes
Toronto
Model's Configurations
Part Number : ZA8E0015US
https://psref.lenovo.com/Detail/Lenovo% ... ZA8E0015US

Product Specifications Reference (PSREF) - Yoga Tab 13
https://psref.lenovo.com/product/lenovo ... 3?tab=spec

User Guide - Yoga Tab 13 (Lenovo YT-K606F)
https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mo ... 202108.pdf

(English)Safety, Warranty & Quick Start Guide - Yoga Tab 13 (Lenovo YT-K606F)
https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mo ... 202106.pdf
Destiny is all
Apr 11, 2005
139 posts
391 upvotes
Markham
looks like coupon code "EXTRAFIVE" gets the overall price down to $522.49
Sep 5, 2018
173 posts
296 upvotes
Is there a keyboard accessory to be able to use this like a laptop when you want?
May 25, 2021
331 posts
973 upvotes
What is the aspect ratio of the screen?
a good pdf reader?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 1, 2009
6219 posts
15392 upvotes
ABB Midnight Rider
Avocado333 wrote: What is the aspect ratio of the screen?
a good pdf reader?
It's 16:10, great for PDFs, drawing and other use cases. I much prefer the taller 16:10 aspect ratio on tablets and laptops compared to the less useful but standard 16:9.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 1, 2009
6219 posts
15392 upvotes
ABB Midnight Rider
TheRockNL wrote: Is there a keyboard accessory to be able to use this like a laptop when you want?
I haven't seen any official accessories beyond the sleeve and the precision pen 2 for this tablet. There are, of course, a wide variety of 3rd party bluetooth keyboards and other accessories that would work well with this tablet.

$17.99 - Yoga Tab 13 Sleeve (28% off)
https://www.lenovo.com/ca/lenovopro/en/ ... zg38c03665

$87.99 - Precision Pen 2 (12% off)
https://www.lenovo.com/ca/lenovopro/en/ ... zg38c03380
Last edited by Elrondolio on Mar 23rd, 2022 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feb 12, 2015
41 posts
45 upvotes
Edmonton
The lack of expandable storage is disappointing. Otherwise, this looks like a great deal!
Nov 8, 2016
317 posts
439 upvotes
I had an older Yoga Tab 8" and I loved it, for what it's worth. Felt sturdy and well-constructed, worked good for my purposes at the time. Unfortunately no longer supported, so I can't do a lot with it, which is a shame because it would have made a nice Netflix tablet for the kitchen (if anyone knows a way I can get some more shelf life out of it, HMU)
Deal Fanatic
Jul 1, 2009
6219 posts
15392 upvotes
ABB Midnight Rider
manofsteelI wrote: The lack of expandable storage is disappointing. Otherwise, this looks like a great deal!
Yeah, wish it had a micro-SD slot as well... with cloud storage, however, I don't miss it as much as I used to on older devices. This tablet has been great the past few months, mainly stationed in our kitchen for media consumption as it sounds great and it's large screen is bright, beautiful and very colour accurate. It has also been very good as a secondary monitor for my laptop when I'm on the road, which makes it extremely unique. Kids love it for games too as it's extremely fast and the large display makes gaming a lot of fun (but sometimes a bit unwieldy unless they use one of our controllers). All around one of the better tablets we've owned and I just ordered another today.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2008
1142 posts
830 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP. Interesting device. In the market for an inexpensive laptop/tablet for the kids for school, and this might work.

So since this device is Netflix HD certified, does that mean it'll play Netflix 4K content at 4K and downscaled to fit the resolution of the tablet, or will this device take 1080p Netflix content only and upscale it? I guess it doesn't matter much either way, since the device isn't that much greater than 1080p, so upscaling from 1080p shouldn't be much of an issue...
Elrondolio wrote: Just to note: this Lenovo Yoga Tab 13 is also Netflix HD streaming certified, unlike some of their cheaper tablets they sell.

Lenovo will also be supporting this tablet through 2024 and currently has an update for Android 12:

https://support.lenovo.com/ca/en/soluti ... ade-matrix
Apr 28, 2008
126 posts
152 upvotes
TheRockNL wrote: Is there a keyboard accessory to be able to use this like a laptop when you want?
No keyboard case, at least not from Lenovo. Check the review: "But its design means there’s no chance you’ll be able to dock a keyboard to it"
In case you don't know the Android Yoga's feature a cylinder on one edge with speakers and a stand. IIRC one model had a projector in the tube bulge.
This isn't just a flat tablet so a hinged case wouldn't work.

I just ordered this today: USB C keyboard and the Yoga could stand in front of it on a desk. But not like a laptop.
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2015
4212 posts
5052 upvotes
Montreal, QC
tamanter wrote: looks like coupon code "EXTRAFIVE" gets the overall price down to $522.49
Doesn't work for me, does it work for others?
Happy Koodo Public Mobile and Videotron Fizz customer :-)
Deal Fanatic
Dec 6, 2002
8187 posts
9553 upvotes
Vancouver
If anyone in Vancouver is interested in getting one.. let me know. Can order 2 and use $50 off coupon, plus $100 credit from my Amex, plus $15 Rakuten.. $90 total discount. :)

Ron.
100% Upvote to post ratio! :)
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2007
4044 posts
8902 upvotes
Vancouver
Elrondolio wrote: It's 16:10, great for PDFs, drawing and other use cases. I much prefer the taller 16:10 aspect ratio on tablets and laptops compared to the less useful but standard 16:9.
Don't forget 16:9 only came about in the mid to late 2000's because of the volume of 16:9 panels from the tv industry

Everyone else made more money, and we got screwed with an inferior aspect ratio for pretty much everything
Apr 14, 2002
582 posts
278 upvotes
Is the coupon code signup immediate? Still waiting for it to show up.
Heat/Beerology: akira112
Deal Fanatic
Jul 1, 2009
6219 posts
15392 upvotes
ABB Midnight Rider
TH3R wrote: Thanks OP. Interesting device. In the market for an inexpensive laptop/tablet for the kids for school, and this might work.

So since this device is Netflix HD certified, does that mean it'll play Netflix 4K content at 4K and downscaled to fit the resolution of the tablet, or will this device take 1080p Netflix content only and upscale it? I guess it doesn't matter much either way, since the device isn't that much greater than 1080p, so upscaling from 1080p shouldn't be much of an issue...
I believe Netflix is 1080p on this, in standard 16:9 aspect ratio, same as Prime. Youtube plays back 4K on this without issue, downscaled of course. My Plex library works great on this as well. Overall it looks sharp and very colour accurate (Dolby Vision and HDR10 support works well, but at 400ish nits it doesn't make a dramatic difference). Its quad speakers have a surprising amount of depth and midrange for a tablet too, specially in Atmos modes. Great media consumption device all around.
Oct 27, 2016
508 posts
2136 upvotes
Elrondolio wrote: Lenovo will also be supporting this tablet through 2024 and currently has an update for Android 12:

https://support.lenovo.com/ca/en/soluti ... ade-matrix
I'd be hesitant of their software support. They don't have a good track record at all, and even Chris mentioned that in the review.

Support until 2024 doesn't mean anything on its own. The Microsoft Surface Duo is a great example of that. It came with Android 10 back in September 2020, and Microsoft promised 3 years of updates. It received Android 11 in February 2022.

Support until 2024 could just include periodic security updates. No way to know for sure.

The link has conflicting information as well. The first table states the EOL date is 4/30/2024 while the second table has a security update EOL date of 01/01/2024.

The hardware looks great though.

Overall, if you want good update support on the Android side, Samsung is the only option.
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2005
1458 posts
1000 upvotes
FragmentsOfLife wrote: I'd be hesitant of their software support. They don't have a good track record at all, and even Chris mentioned that in the review.

Support until 2024 doesn't mean anything on its own. The Microsoft Surface Duo is a great example of that. It came with Android 10 back in September 2020, and Microsoft promised 3 years of updates. It received Android 11 in February 2022.

Support until 2024 could just include periodic security updates. No way to know for sure.

The link has conflicting information as well. The first table states the EOL date is 4/30/2024 while the second table has a security update EOL date of 01/01/2024.

The hardware looks great though.

Overall, if you want good update support on the Android side, Samsung is the only option.
They don't honor their warranty either, just look at the Lenovo forums and you'll see 1000s of threads on the same issue.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)