Hot Deals

[Lenovo.com] Lenovo Tab4 10 plus Android Tablet - $99.99 [USD] - YMMV (US DEAL)

[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
1976 posts
2219 upvotes
Mississauga, ON

Lenovo Tab4 10 plus Android Tablet - $99.99 [USD] - YMMV (US DEAL)

Deal Link:
Price:
Retailer:
Lenovo.com
Not bad specs for a $100 USD android tablet to "kick around" if you do not want to deal with playing around / "hijacking" with Amazon Fire tablets.

Deal is a big YMMV, you will need an AmeriFriend or use a forwarder as this is Lenovo.com (US).

38 replies
Deal Fanatic
Dec 25, 2003
9150 posts
1172 upvotes
Vancouver
Pretty good specs for C$135
General Radek had some good ideas.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
1976 posts
2219 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
death_hawk wrote:
Oct 16th, 2019 12:48 pm
https://www.gsmarena.com/lenovo_tab_4_10_plus-8605.php

I mean... it's $100. I don't know why I was expecting the world.

Here's rooting instructions if anyone buys it:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/thinkp ... b-t3664407

I am not sure about those specs on GSM arena. I hate when companies come out with 4-5 variations of the same exact model/name as according to the specs on Lenovo's page this only has 2GB of RAM, which is still workable and a good deal at approx ~ $140 CDN
Last edited by remik on Oct 16th, 2019 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2010
1003 posts
316 upvotes
Not sure why the down votes. Seems like a decent deal spec wise, and reviews are decent. Good for those who don't want the bloated Fite OS experience without having to root/mod etc.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
1976 posts
2219 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Priestlydoolong wrote:
Oct 16th, 2019 12:53 pm
Not sure why the down votes. Seems like a decent deal spec wise, and reviews are decent. Good for those who don't want the bloated Fite OS experience without having to root/mod etc.

I tend to post a lot of US deals because I'm 1hr from the border and I also use a forwarder very frequently, lot of people tend to down vote based solely on the reason that it's a US deal and may require a bit more effort on their part which they can't be bothered with.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
24641 posts
10095 upvotes
remik wrote:
Oct 16th, 2019 12:52 pm
I am not sure about those specs on GSM arena. I hate when companies come out with 4-5 variations of the same exact model/name as according to the specs on Lenovo's page this only has 2GB of RAM, which is still workable and a good deal at approx ~ $140 CDN
Right?
Just give me a damn part number already.
None of this vague name crap.

Oddly enough I think this might have been a "Lenovo moto tab" at one point. That matches 2GB.
https://www.gsmarena.com/lenovo_moto_tab-8947.php

I wonder if rooting is going to be the same.
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2007
2354 posts
523 upvotes
London
Do you routinely pay extra taxes when coming back into Canada? Or do u stay overnight? This is an added cost that should be factor in when border shopping right?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
1976 posts
2219 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
brucedlx wrote:
Oct 16th, 2019 1:17 pm
Do you routinely pay extra taxes when coming back into Canada? Or do u stay overnight? This is an added cost that should be factor in when border shopping right?
I only head down to NY about 2 times a year to do some cross border shopping with the family and at the same time I pickup stuff from CBI. I do not know of it is luck but I do not remember the last time I was even charged HST as they tend to wave families through in a minivan :p when it comes to using a forwarder (CrossBorderPickups) I tend to pickup 2-3 times per mth from the Mississauga location, factoring HST, forwarding fees, and the very rare time (duty) I usually still save some "cheddar" compared to purchasing in Canada.

Example, my last purchase for a Xiaomi M365 cost me roughly $515 "all in" when the same scooter is $650+tax in Canada.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2014
2500 posts
1380 upvotes
Langley
What Android version is it running and can these be updated to the latest version?
Mar 26, 2015
162 posts
439 upvotes
Montreal, QC
I have this tablet. It's bad. It stutters horribly. Don't even try to run more than one app at a time. The lag is painful. The only decent way to use the tablet when switching apps is to manually terminate your current app and then launch another. Although sad, this has become "normal" for me. Patience is the key.
It has a microSD slot, but I wouldn't really recommend it as "adoptable" storage. It will make the tablet slower, even if you have a U1/A1 card.
The fingerprint sensor is more miss than hit.
The screen is very nice.
The audio is good with front firing speakers.
LTE is a big plus.

I'm on the fence whether I would consider it at this price, seeing as the one I have has huge cracks on the screen -- usable but am considering a replacement. The price is low enough for me to think about it, but not low enough that it is a no-brainer given what I have already experienced with it.
Dec 13, 2016
134 posts
22 upvotes
jellytime wrote:
Oct 16th, 2019 1:39 pm
What Android version is it running and can these be updated to the latest version?
I'm doing some research on this now as I'm looking for a cheap tablet. As far as I can see, it comes with Android 7.1 and sounds like Lenovo is not upgrading this model to 8.0. There is a big thread in the Lenovo support forums complaining about the lack of updates for this 'premium' tablet, where as some of the lesser expensive models are getting the 8.0 update.

From what I can tell, I wouldn't hold your breath for an official Lenovo update to 8.0. There is an custom ROM of Lineage OS 9.0 on XDA forums that can be loaded if you're so inclined.

Also for people asking, I am on with their sales Live Chat and the rep says the model number is TB-X704A, which matches the previous comment that this might be the 'Lenovo moto tab'.
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2018
11556 posts
11818 upvotes
Good option.

Can you load Windows 10 on it? Slap on a BT keyboard case and Bob's your uncle.
Dec 13, 2016
134 posts
22 upvotes
quasarito wrote:
Oct 16th, 2019 1:49 pm
I have this tablet. It's bad. It stutters horribly. Don't even try to run more than one app at a time. The lag is painful. The only decent way to use the tablet when switching apps is to manually terminate your current app and then launch another. Although sad, this has become "normal" for me. Patience is the key.
It has a microSD slot, but I wouldn't really recommend it as "adoptable" storage. It will make the tablet slower, even if you have a U1/A1 card.
The fingerprint sensor is more miss than hit.
The screen is very nice.
The audio is good with front firing speakers.
LTE is a big plus.

I'm on the fence whether I would consider it at this price, seeing as the one I have has huge cracks on the screen -- usable but am considering a replacement. The price is low enough for me to think about it, but not low enough that it is a no-brainer given what I have already experienced with it.
Have you by chance tried the Lineage OS 9.0 that is available on XDA forums? Wonder if that might help some of the performance issues, and it's also supposed to solve the wifi problems.