Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Lenovo.com

Lenovo Tab4 10 plus Android Tablet - $99.99 [USD] - YMMV (US DEAL)

Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2008
2690 posts
1741 upvotes
Home
redflagdealsguy wrote: Good option.

Can you load Windows 10 on it? Slap on a BT keyboard case and Bob's your uncle.
its an ARM chip (SD625), will need arm windows...
Fizz Mobile $ 4.80 USA CAN 45 GB
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37128 upvotes
I RFD wrote: its an ARM chip (625), will need arm windows...
It can be done, but it's not easy, apparently.
I aim to be inclusive and considerate of others in my posts. If I fall short of that mark, feel free to let me know in good faith, and where appropriate, I'll edit my posts. Thank you.
Jan 13, 2012
565 posts
617 upvotes
Vancouver
brucedlx wrote: Do you routinely pay extra taxes when coming back into Canada? Or do u stay overnight? This is an added cost that should be factor in when border shopping right?
On the west coast, grab stuff probably twice a month. The general rule is anything smaller than a 24 and value lower than $200, and they wave you through. It's been at least two years since I get dinged, and I always declare full value.
Deal Expert
Dec 5, 2006
16787 posts
12570 upvotes
Markham
quasarito wrote: I have this tablet. It's bad. It stutters horribly. Don't even try to run more than one app at a time. The lag is painful. The only decent way to use the tablet when switching apps is to manually terminate your current app and then launch another. Although sad, this has become "normal" for me. Patience is the key.
It has a microSD slot, but I wouldn't really recommend it as "adoptable" storage. It will make the tablet slower, even if you have a U1/A1 card.
The fingerprint sensor is more miss than hit.
The screen is very nice.
The audio is good with front firing speakers.
LTE is a big plus.

I'm on the fence whether I would consider it at this price, seeing as the one I have has huge cracks on the screen -- usable but am considering a replacement. The price is low enough for me to think about it, but not low enough that it is a no-brainer given what I have already experienced with it.
This is why people downvoted cheap stuff. Money matters so does experience and usability
Mar 18, 2018
113 posts
83 upvotes
r2edline wrote: So update on the version, the sales rep says that "All the Tab 4's will have the same OS", and that it is "confirmed" you can update this to 8.0

Talk that with a very large amount of salt, as I don't trust the sales guy one bit.

It is possible this might get 8.0, but unlikely is my guess
Actually he was wrong, it's Oreo 8.1, updated about a year ago. Probably this unit will ship with Nougat and upgrade soon after activation. [see Correction below]

Here's the Lenovo upgrade matrix:

https://support.lenovo.com/ca/en/solutions/ht501098

I got the Tab4 8" about 18 months ago at a similar price from Amazon USA - shipped in about a week and with all customs and shipping was still about $90 less than the Amazon Cdn price. There were several Nougat updates before the Oreo update, and there have been three updates to Oreo itself.

Corrrection: I see from more observant comments below that I misread the upgrade table, it doesn't include this "plus" model.
Last edited by AlbinForo on Oct 17th, 2019 9:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dec 13, 2016
230 posts
120 upvotes
AlbinForo wrote: Actually he was wrong, it's Oreo 8.1, updated about a year ago. Probably this unit will ship with Nougat and upgrade soon after activation. Here's the Lenovo upgrade matrix:

https://support.lenovo.com/ca/en/solutions/ht501098

I got the Tab4 8" about 18 months ago at a similar price from Amazon USA - shipped in about a week and with all customs and shipping was still about $90 less than the Amazon Cdn price. There were several Nougat updates before the Oreo update, and there have been three updates to Oreo itself.

(The 2GB model of this one is apparently not currently available at Amazon USA.)
So I found the same link you did, but that page doesn't reference the Tab 4 Plus Models, only the Tab 4.

You may be correct, hopefully that is the case but I think until we have a real world confirmation it's still buyer beware.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2011
1703 posts
814 upvotes
Mississauga
Tab 4 10 Plus was never officially updated past Nougat (7.x).
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
23017 posts
6890 upvotes
Scarberia
Not bad if it's the 4gb ram version.1080p res
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Dec 13, 2016
230 posts
120 upvotes
mikka2017 wrote: Not bad if it's the 4gb ram version.1080p res
It has 1080p, but it's the 2gb variant
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
23017 posts
6890 upvotes
Scarberia
joblop wrote: or this: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000059 ... 73b5LuLD5O

Lenovo Tab V7 3/4G RAM 32/64G ROM tablet Snapdragon Octa Core 5180mAh 6.9inch Android 9.0 Pie, Rear camera 13.0MP, Front Camera 5.0MP
Damn huge phone¡ too bad old slow sd450 and no band66 for FM. If band 66 and sd600 I’d buy
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2003
7813 posts
852 upvotes
Vancouver
brucedlx wrote: Do you routinely pay extra taxes when coming back into Canada? Or do u stay overnight? This is an added cost that should be factor in when border shopping right?
24hr stay allows $200, 48hrs $800, i purchase ALOT from US, i am regularly let through w $300 cnd value on a quick over and back trip to collect items. I rarely pay tax in that amount, BUT when it approaches abtax equivalent of $50 collected, in I normally go. End of the day it is different ic by different border persons. Yesterday my son collected 3k Candian value and of course he paid but he doesnt care because running his biz he will turn that into 6500-7k, blows me away. I never stay a night , if tax is collected it is what it is, there are still savings overall and i look at the combined totals. Many times i have saled across on a day trip declaring $700 value, ALWAYS tell the truth, thats key
How can I be broke when I am saving so much?
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2012
1232 posts
732 upvotes
Victoria
2GB RAM is just not enough for smooth responsiveness and navigation these days. The issue will only get worse with time as apps become more and more resource intensive.
Mar 12, 2006
18 posts
1 upvote
Vancouver
any idea how to buy this without a usa credit card. They wont take my visa
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2017
1165 posts
1303 upvotes
Nanaimo
for the techies out there: this vs my 2013 model nexus 7? Which would run faster?
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2017
1165 posts
1303 upvotes
Nanaimo
the true benifit to thi is the LTE, not getting LTE? buy a decent tablet instead.
Jan 31, 2007
900 posts
114 upvotes
toronto(pape and dan…
cllo wrote: any idea how to buy this without a usa credit card. They wont take my visa
Try to order by phone?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 19, 2015
8048 posts
8623 upvotes
Downtown Canada
here you go guys, more info here

https://slickdeals.net/f/13456492-lenov ... =frontpage

no further upgrades for this tablet and will stay on Nougat (android 7.0) no thanks
Last edited by TransporterSD on Oct 19th, 2019 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Telus $30/75GB USA/CAN + $0 VVM (USA roaming + USA calling included) X 5 lines

Seeing ads while surfing the web? Get Ad Guard ad blocker.