• Last Updated:
  • Oct 23rd, 2019 1:28 am
[OP]
Feb 24, 2014
25 posts
99 upvotes

Lenovo Customer Service

Anyone else had issues with Lenovo customer service?
I have ordered on 2 separate occasions, both times there was a heavy discount and with 10% Ebates/Rakuten.
Both times they cancelled the order, when I called they did it manually and changed the price.
Because the cancelled the order, cashback can not be traced.
A bit irritating as was kept on the phone for 45 min+ and the receipt stated another price, when I emailed them later....no response.
Apart from cancelling the order, anything else I can do to rectify this.
Would like to avoid being on the phone for hours.
8 replies
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
27311 posts
13016 upvotes
Dell did the same to me.

Stacked welcome/ebates/unidays and ebates was clawed back.
Tried talking to support which claimed that I made changes to the order and/or returned it.
Talked to Dell and they had no idea.

Ended up sending it back.
Sep 18, 2018
77 posts
13 upvotes
Jani77 wrote: Anyone else had issues with Lenovo customer service?
I have ordered on 2 separate occasions, both times there was a heavy discount and with 10% Ebates/Rakuten.
Both times they cancelled the order, when I called they did it manually and changed the price.
Because the cancelled the order, cashback can not be traced.
A bit irritating as was kept on the phone for 45 min+ and the receipt stated another price, when I emailed them later....no response.
Apart from cancelling the order, anything else I can do to rectify this.
Would like to avoid being on the phone for hours.
When you called they did what manually? I thought Rakuten coupon could be stacked with website price reduction... even on the Rakuten site the coupons specify that there are existing discounts PLUS whatever Rakuten discount is offered. If you're invoiced and they cancel and reissue the invoice with a higher price, isn't that bait-and-switch? Anyway, maybe I'm not understanding what happened in your case. There's a possibility too that support is mistaken about the coupons.. everybody's skittish over past price errors, perhaps.
[OP]
Feb 24, 2014
25 posts
99 upvotes
When I was on the phone with the service agent, he wanted to see the invoice, I emailed him the invoice.
He put me on hold for a long time, told me they have to 'do it manually' to get the same price.
Went on to add GST on top again!! (GST was already included in the original invoice) and of course as they changed the order, on Rakuten, it shows that the order never got processed.
Ended up paying 5% extra (tax) and lost 10% on Cashback.
Total difference of 15% from the price I thought I was going to get.
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2015
1135 posts
883 upvotes
Durham Region
Jani77 wrote: When I was on the phone with the service agent, he wanted to see the invoice, I emailed him the invoice.
He put me on hold for a long time, told me they have to 'do it manually' to get the same price.
Went on to add GST on top again!! (GST was already included in the original invoice) and of course as they changed the order, on Rakuten, it shows that the order never got processed.
Ended up paying 5% extra (tax) and lost 10% on Cashback.
Total difference of 15% from the price I thought I was going to get.
I would cancel/ return for full refund if they don’t (probably won’t) make it right

You did not get price you agreed /thought you would pay
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2001
15816 posts
2411 upvotes
Everything about Lenovo sucks, except ThinkPads, and those aren't perfect. Just try getting a refund on a laptop you've returned. I ended up calling my bank to dispute.
Automatic down-votes: D-Link, TP-Link, Newegg, Canada Computers, any Chinese-owned cellphone, laptop or IoT device.
[OP]
Feb 24, 2014
25 posts
99 upvotes
Talking to Rakuten about this.
If they give the 10% Cashback, I will keep the stuff
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
27311 posts
13016 upvotes
Jani77 wrote: Talking to Rakuten about this.
If they give the 10% Cashback, I will keep the stuff
I tried this too but it didn't work.

Make note of your final return date too since Rakuten says it'll take up to like 21 business days to sort out which might put you past your return deadline.
[OP]
Feb 24, 2014
25 posts
99 upvotes
death_hawk wrote: I tried this too but it didn't work.

Make note of your final return date too since Rakuten says it'll take up to like 21 business days to sort out which might put you past your return deadline.
Thanks for that.
Just got this email from Rakuten today!
They say up to 45 days!!

I tried to order some monitors and the same issue, asking me to call them or wait for a call...does Lenovo even give cash back or do they have an issue with me Smiling Face With Open Mouth