• Last Updated:
  • Mar 3rd, 2021 10:23 am
[OP]
Banned
May 15, 2016
7020 posts
2482 upvotes

Lenovo customer service

Anyone able to get hold of them? I wait an hour and then try make callback which is an hour later but almost 4 hour and no call. Is this normal?
6 replies
Deal Fanatic
Feb 4, 2010
5458 posts
4486 upvotes
Their customer service is HORRENDOUS.

Edit: adding some context

From my experience their laptops are great (have 2, one is over 7 years old is still in good working condition) but the one time I had to contact them for problems with shipping/delivery of my new laptop (not the laptop itself) the customer was absolutely horrible took several weeks, long wait times on the phone each time, conflicting messages by the different reps, overall unhelpful...it was so frustrating but I got the laptop for a good price (sale) and they're solid machines so the pros outweigh the bad CS lol
Last edited by hierophant on Mar 3rd, 2021 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
May 15, 2017
96 posts
44 upvotes
I just spoke with them today using the call back and was called back earlier then the 45 minute estimate
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2009
6540 posts
2987 upvotes
Debtario
Their frontline service is terrible. In my experience their phone and email support is useless, chat is a little better but still very YMMV.

My experience with their price match policy is documented in the C32q-20 threads from last november, basically they said their price protection policy doesn't cover accessories, then backtracked, and then went silent. Had to return, then their online RMA process didn't recoqnize the extended holiday return window, contacted chat for an RMA, had to call in after not getting an email with my shipping label. Rest of the RMA went smoothly though, got my refund within a week - other people have no been so lucky.

Ther business services are actually decent, my company has a rep they contact and things get taken care of.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers"
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2001
16054 posts
2672 upvotes
IMO everything but their high-end ThinkPads sucks, as does their customer service.
Automatic down-votes: D-Link, TP-Link, Newegg, Canada Computers, any Chinese-owned cellphone, laptop or IoT device.
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2006
4725 posts
1359 upvotes
hierophant wrote: Their customer service is HORRENDOUS.
Exactly this. There are a lot of user experience stories about how terrible Lenovo's customer service is. Things from not offering returns for detective products to closing support tickets without even responding to the customer. I mean like you're buying a computer that's $400-500 less than equivalents from Dell, HP and Asus so of course there's a reason why. When you buy Lenovo you 1.) Have to have the ability to troubleshoot any issues yourself; and 2.) Expect not to be able to return the product. Their products are good when they work but they don't just think of it as a fool and their money parted.