Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Lenovo Flex 14 2-in-1 $620.99 [Bilingual Keyboard] - Ryzen 3700U, 8GB , 512gb 970 EVO, 14" FHD IPS Touch [DEAL DEAD]

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 14th, 2020 9:14 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2019
1339 posts
1540 upvotes
blaznazn22 wrote: the worst thing about this laptop, and I mean the absolute worst thing is the matte cover. Your lid will be full of fatty greasy fingerprints very very quickly and destroy the looks and appeal. It is just gross af, and while its not a deal breaker, its super annoying.

I tried washing it with isopropyl alcohol, tried washing the lid off with water, and no matter what the stains just don't go away.

EDIT: okay, it washes off, but you need to use some kind of soap. Water, alcohol or any kind of hydrophillic solvent is not going to wash it off. The finger prints accumulate very quickly, so a once a week rinse with some soap water is highly recommended in my opinion. Also a tip: If you want to keep the finger prints to a minimum, leverage the plastic lenovo name tag to open the lid.
Do not, absolutely do not use alcohol. Do you want to ruin the coating? Because that's how you ruin the coating
Deal Addict
May 18, 2002
4597 posts
1657 upvotes
Brampton
I ordered a sheet of black matte vinyl to wrap it. The $3 ebay code helped there.
INFORMATION: The requested thread does not exist.
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2009
1039 posts
235 upvotes
death_hawk wrote: .

Boot in this case means booting into windows. I do boot the computer but into a 3rd party imaging program.

I could do this too, but I'm lazy and don't want to disassemble. This is definitely an option though.
Thanks for your replies! Which software are you using to make the drive image?

Is there a guide that can be followed to do this?
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
31271 posts
17295 upvotes
wadokai wrote: Which software are you using to make the drive image?
Image for Linux but it's paid.
Clonezilla is similar but free. I'm just invested into the paid option since all my images are IFL.
There's also Macrium Reflect too.
Is there a guide that can be followed to do this?
No guide really needed.
Make a bootable thing (be it USB, network, CD, floppy) and boot the computer with it.
Make sure to select the bootable thing rather than the included storage in the BIOS. F12 sometimes does it too.
From there it's basically select various options to get into the main program, select backup, select a destination, wait, done.

Here's detailed instructions for Clonezilla:
https://www.clonezilla.org/clonezilla-live-doc.php

Other products are pretty similar.
Do you not have anything else to do rather than argue with strangers on the internet
Nope. That's why I'm on the internet arguing with strangers. If I had anything better to do I'd probably be doing it.
Apr 26, 2004
987 posts
61 upvotes
Thornhill
Wierd, label created 5 days ago then silent, now it's in transit in my city. All travel in US was cloaked. Halloween shipping I guess :). Should receive tomorrow (promised Oct 6th though).

In Transit 11/04/2019 3:19 P.M. Concord, ON, Canada
Past Event Shipped 11/04/2019 3:18 P.M. Concord, ON, Canada
Past Event Label Created 10/31/2019 12:01 A.M.

dfphoenix wrote: No idea, when I ordered something from them, it took 5 days from the point the label was created, but there was no delay between the label creation and actual shipping. It came a day before the expected delivery date. In this case, it is saying to expect mine Nov. 9 -- so maybe the shipment pick-up is schedule on the Monday.
Jun 27, 2008
221 posts
7 upvotes
I ordered on Nov 3rd and it has shipped. It is coming from China even though the CSR said it would come from the US???
Oct 7, 2018
384 posts
667 upvotes
Montreal
Just received mine today. Coming from a Macbook Air 2012, I still don't feel like it's a good enough trackpad for me. I had to adjust the sensitivity of the tap too, it just detected my finger being pressed all the time, while I just gently slid my finger across the trackpad. I don't know if I'm gonna keep it :\
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37127 upvotes
DanZChief wrote: Just received mine today. Coming from a Macbook Air 2012, I still don't feel like it's a good enough trackpad for me. I had to adjust the sensitivity of the tap too, it just detected my finger being pressed all the time, while I just gently slid my finger across the trackpad. I don't know if I'm gonna keep it :\
Touchpad sensitivity, impacting palm rejection, can be address via Method 1 linked below. Method 2 is a backup option.

https://www.top-password.com/blog/chang ... indows-10/
I aim to be inclusive and considerate of others in my posts. If I fall short of that mark, feel free to let me know in good faith, and where appropriate, I'll edit my posts. Thank you.
Apr 26, 2004
987 posts
61 upvotes
Thornhill
Just got mine. Looks solid, cloned disk. Getting ready for fresh install. Seems not easy to get to ram/ssd for upgrades. Need a special screwdriver :\
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37127 upvotes
e1e0n wrote: Just got mine. Looks solid, cloned disk. Getting ready for fresh install. Seems not easy to get to ram/ssd for upgrades. Need a special screwdriver :\
You'll need a T6 screwdriver from Amazon. I agree, it sucks.
I aim to be inclusive and considerate of others in my posts. If I fall short of that mark, feel free to let me know in good faith, and where appropriate, I'll edit my posts. Thank you.
Jun 13, 2017
33 posts
10 upvotes
Anyone have a solution for the wifi issues? Ive updated to the latest bios and wifi driver but no dice. Also set the wifi to be best performance, still did't resolve issue. Seems to cut out 2-3 times an hour.

Also, my battery life is crap (3h), but not sure if that's just a bad calibration the first time through. Laptop arrived dead with no charge.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37127 upvotes
CivilAnchor wrote: Anyone have a solution for the wifi issues? Ive updated to the latest bios and wifi driver but no dice. Also set the wifi to be best performance, still did't resolve issue. Seems to cut out 2-3 times an hour.

Also, my battery life is crap (3h), but not sure if that's just a bad calibration the first time through. Laptop arrived dead with no charge.
WiFi issues are a known problem, I was hoping the software setting would help, but apparently not.

Option 1:
Find me the model information in device manager under network adapters, and I will find you the latest driver.

Option 2
You can replace the WiFi with a far more capable card below:

Internal WiFi: https://www.amazon.ca/Authentic-AX200NG ... 07Y2JFCJS/

Option 3
Alternatively, you can pop-in a highly discrete external WiFi device.

External WiFi: https://www.amazon.ca/Adapter-Wireless- ... 018Z5GUZA/
Review (4.0/5.0): https://reviewmeta.com/amazon-ca/B018Z5GUZA

The battery issues can be partially addressed by changing power plan to 'battery saver'. More complex setting changes to power plans, including creating new ones, are possible by typing 'edit power plan' and selecting the item that pops up.
Jan 28, 2008
288 posts
316 upvotes
Received mine yesterday evening.

Opened it up and it has a small dent on the upper left corner of the trackpad Worried Face not sure how it passed QC.
Apr 26, 2004
987 posts
61 upvotes
Thornhill
I am keeping mine. Very solid machine for the price. I don't get why people complaining about and comparing it with x2+ more expensive machines. For $600 or $700 after upgrades it's very solid little laptop! Yes, I would love to have better battery life, but I can live with what it gives (used to have laptops with only 2 hours of battery).
Apr 28, 2017
408 posts
522 upvotes
I received mine last night. So far so good and the laptop feels pretty snappy. Anyone knows how does the AMD Radeon™ Settings Lite works with the color of the screen? I am a little surprised by the color of the screen. It seems to me the color is a bit dull and I hope to tweak that to be more saturated. Thanks in advance. :)
Jun 13, 2017
33 posts
10 upvotes
redflagdealsguy wrote: WiFi issues are a known problem, I was hoping the software setting would help, but apparently not.

Option 1:
Find me the model information in device manager under network adapters, and I will find you the latest driver.

Option 2
You can replace the WiFi with a far more capable card below:

Internal WiFi: https://www.amazon.ca/Authentic-AX200NG ... 07Y2JFCJS/

Option 3
Alternatively, you can pop-in a highly discrete external WiFi device.

External WiFi: https://www.amazon.ca/Adapter-Wireless- ... 018Z5GUZA/
Review (4.0/5.0): https://reviewmeta.com/amazon-ca/B018Z5GUZA

The battery issues can be partially addressed by changing power plan to 'battery saver'. More complex setting changes to power plans, including creating new ones, are possible by typing 'edit power plan' and selecting the item that pops up.
Thanks

It's supposed to be 10 hours of battery, I'm barely getting three. Is that a known issue, or is there something wrong with mine? I have it set to "better battery".

Network adapter is Realtek 8822BE. I should have the latest version (2024.0.10.202) released June 26 2019
Apr 26, 2004
987 posts
61 upvotes
Thornhill
I will test mine more, but it seems 3 hours of heavy use. I don't think you will find any laptop which will sustain 10 hours of heavy usage. When system uses all cores it drains battery like crazy.

45Wh battery would not give much life at full thrust... A computer under normal use will take 10-15 Watts. So 3-4 hours of normal use, now it will be less when you increase load.
For example most desktop CPUs are about 90wt under load or more... Mobile devices designed with much less power consumption even under load, but I guess this laptop probably takes ~35-45 wt under full load..
CivilAnchor wrote: It's supposed to be 10 hours of battery, I'm barely getting three. Is that a known issue, or is there something wrong with mine? I have it set to "better battery".
Apr 28, 2017
408 posts
522 upvotes
michaelsin wrote: I received mine last night. So far so good and the laptop feels pretty snappy. Anyone knows how does the AMD Radeon™ Settings Lite works with the color of the screen? I am a little surprised by the color of the screen. It seems to me the color is a bit dull and I hope to tweak that to be more saturated. Thanks in advance. :)
Just FYI. Finally found the setting to tweak the color of screen. I'm loving this laptop!
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37127 upvotes
michaelsin wrote: Just FYI. Finally found the setting to tweak the color of screen. I'm loving this laptop!
Can other replicate this calibration and report back?

Looking forward to feedback.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37127 upvotes
e1e0n wrote: I will test mine more, but it seems 3 hours of heavy use. I don't think you will find any laptop which will sustain 10 hours of heavy usage. When system uses all cores it drains battery like crazy.

45Wh battery would not give much life at full thrust... A computer under normal use will take 10-15 Watts. So 3-4 hours of normal use, now it will be less when you increase load.
For example most desktop CPUs are about 90wt under load or more... Mobile devices designed with much less power consumption even under load, but I guess this laptop probably takes ~35-45 wt under full load..
In my Tweaks thread in the C&E forum, on the first post, there are instructions for unhiding the other power plans, including battery saver. That alone should significantly extend the unit's battery life.