Expired Hot Deals

[Lenovo] Lenovo ThinkPad T460s $1,016.67, ThinkPad Yoga 260 $714.98

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 23rd, 2018 12:03 pm
Banned
May 15, 2016
7020 posts
2478 upvotes
cypher wrote: So you agree it overpriced at 1,016.67.
No I just wanted to point out that you're an idiot for thinking it's the same as a T460 and lowballing at 500.
Aug 11, 2017
562 posts
351 upvotes
This is not a good time to buy laptops. Wait for bf or bd if you can.
Banned
May 15, 2016
7020 posts
2478 upvotes
Landon99 wrote: This is not a good time to buy laptops. Wait for bf or bd if you can.
That’s another 10 months. Why is everyone hating on this thread. If it’s not for you then move along.
Nov 6, 2003
321 posts
98 upvotes
Oakville, ON
vivibaby wrote: No I just wanted to point out that you're an idiot for thinking it's the same as a T460 and lowballing at 500.
vivibaby, you need to chill out by laying off the coffee or upping your meds. Do work for Lenovo sales or have some stake in this thread? Look at the votes here an it's obvious that this isn't a landslide deal, by any means. If you feel like paying over a grand for a 2 year old Laptop with 1080p resolution, an older SSD and only 8GB of RAM then you are potentially part of the small market that this offer will entice. Slim or not.

Myself, I'd wait until a better deal on newer T460s comes along or, if something is needed now, pay more for a newer laptop with better specs.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 4, 2008
6761 posts
7086 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I'm actually surprised they 460S is still available. I thought Lenovo usually pulls the plug on older models as soon as a refresh is available
When given enough time, all threads on RFD can and will go off on a tangent.
Banned
May 15, 2016
7020 posts
2478 upvotes
cypher wrote: vivibaby, you need to chill out by laying off the coffee or upping your meds. Do work for Lenovo sales or have some stake in this thread? Look at the votes here an it's obvious that this isn't a landslide deal, by any means. If you feel like paying over a grand for a 2 year old Laptop with 1080p resolution, an older SSD and only 8GB of RAM then you are potentially part of the small market that this offer will entice. Slim or not.

Myself, I'd wait until a better deal on newer T460s comes along or, if something is needed now, pay more for a newer laptop with better specs.
Good luck waiting for it to go on sale for 500. Maybe in two years and you can get a refurbished one at that price.
Deal Addict
Oct 28, 2016
1531 posts
5467 upvotes
Albertariolandbec
Landon99 wrote: This is not a good time to buy laptops. Wait for bf or bd if you can.
Why would this not be a good time to buy a laptop.?
What's in your wallet?
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2011
2853 posts
1214 upvotes
Markham
Honestly these feel like regular pricing
Not buying something on sale ISN'T a crime, buying something not on sale IS.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2011
2853 posts
1214 upvotes
Markham
Dude, it's February
Not buying something on sale ISN'T a crime, buying something not on sale IS.
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2006
3576 posts
1688 upvotes
Ottawa
Lolll. Do you know what month it is? What's the value of using something for 10 months..
Feb 25, 2015
932 posts
1141 upvotes
NB
I have T460s at work, it is very good to great, except battery life, the i7 + WQHD is a thirsty, albeit stupid fast, combo.

Regarding the gen6 vs gen8 CPU holy war: unless you run REALLY CPU-heavy stuff, you won't notice a difference. If you do run such things, rent a cluster (and you already know this anyways). Same with SSD.

That said, Lenovo rolls out new Thinkpads every March, this year it will be Tx80, and good deals on Tx70 are around the corner.
"Stuff should not be multiplied without necessity"
Nov 11, 2003
291 posts
113 upvotes
Toronto
Some old Thinkpads seem can last forever.

I know quite a lot ppl are using X61 now as they love 4:3 screens.

BTW, my old Z60T and X200 are working fine also.
Deal Guru
Dec 5, 2006
10300 posts
5396 upvotes
Markham
ConceptPro wrote: T460s sucks!! Battery is shorter than my old x230!
Mine is about 5 hours, how about yours?
Oct 19, 2006
541 posts
87 upvotes
Toronto
If you can wait, don't buy it until it's obsolete...when it is discontinued and obsolete you can get it dirt cheap...I got a first-generation white polycarbonate MacBook for free when I helped my friend clear out his old house...
Nov 23, 2008
74 posts
133 upvotes
460s
Work gave me one of these. For work it's great (web browsing, email, multiple RDP sessions), and also supports 2x external monitors via HDMI and miniDP.
Battery life varies on use. When watching movies or playing games i'll run mine down in as little as 2hrs with no performance throttling.
With performance throttling (passive cooling only), dimmed screen and lite (work) use I can stretch to ~4hrs.
Observed Performance:
GTAV at ~30FPS 720p all settings LOW.
Leage of Legends ~60FPS 1080p all settings HIGH.

Not sure I'd spend $1000 if I were to buy one for myself. For that money you can get something with dedicated graphics.
And if you're not doing gaming or editing, $1k is definitely excessive.