Tags:
None
[OP]
Jul 4, 2009
22 posts
5 upvotes
Brampton

Lenovo-Rakuten "Cashback"

I recently bought a Lenovo laptop hoping to get a cashback from Rakuten and they don't want to honor it. Sent in the purchase receipt to them and Rakuten stated that "Unfortunately, Lenovo has been unable to verify this purchase as being eligible for Rakuten credit. This means Rakuten.ca has earned no credit for this purchase and as such cannot credit your account." I don't get how they can't verify the purchase. Money certainly came off my credit card. Someone is lying and its bullcrap. At 11% thats a couple of hundred dollars I lost out on. Anyone else get screwed out of their "cashback?
7 replies
Oct 9, 2011
483 posts
178 upvotes
I actually think Rakuten has the best customer service compare to other cashback service. I had similar situation where they told me the merchant could not verify the order, the items that I ordered doesn't fall under the category that has cashback or the merchant is no long offering cashback but they always credit my account anyway, say it's a goodwill gesture.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
20666 posts
14492 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
daredevil68424 wrote: Rakuten stated that "Unfortunately, Lenovo has been unable to verify this purchase as being eligible for Rakuten credit. This means Rakuten.ca has earned no credit for this purchase and as such cannot credit your account." I don't get how they can't verify the purchase. Money certainly came off my credit card. Someone is lying and its bullcrap. At 11% thats a couple of hundred dollars I lost out on. Anyone else get screwed out of their "cashback?
What was Rakuten's offer?
Was there any fine print, e.g. exclusions?
Do you still have a copy of the offer?
Did you go direct through Rakuten's website?
Did you use Lenovo's EPP site?
Did you use any other cashback/points site at the same time?
veni, vidi, Visa
[OP]
Jul 4, 2009
22 posts
5 upvotes
Brampton
bylo wrote: What was Rakuten's offer?
Was there any fine print, e.g. exclusions?
Do you still have a copy of the offer?
Did you go direct through Rakuten's website?
Did you use Lenovo's EPP site?
Did you use any other cashback/points site at the same time?
Rakuten's offer was 11% cashback on a laptop purchase with no exclusions. Laptop was ordered through the Rakuten website linked to Lenovo. I did use my Costco MC to buy the laptop but why would that disqualify my cashback?
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
20666 posts
14492 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
daredevil68424 wrote: Rakuten's offer was 11% cashback on a laptop purchase with no exclusions. Laptop was ordered through the Rakuten website linked to Lenovo. I did use my Costco MC to buy the laptop but why would that disqualify my cashback?
The reason I asked is because Rakuten won't work with stuff like Lenovo's EPP site or other front-ends like Aeroplan eStore. I don't know if that's explicitly excluded in Rakuten's fine print so I asked.
veni, vidi, Visa
Jan 1, 2007
196 posts
21 upvotes
Toronto
I have exact same experience. I bought a laptop when they had the 15% off sale. They are saying that they can't verify purchase, yet when I talked to Lenovo, they're saying that Rakuten won't process it and to contact them.
Jan 1, 2007
196 posts
21 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone have experience with this? Laptop has a 30-day return period, but Rakuten says it may take up to 45 days for them to confirm the purchase. I'm deciding if I should keep it with the risk of losing the cashback (~200) or return it.