Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Lenovo Canada

Lenovo: RFD Exclusive 35% off ThinkPads over $1500 is back! (extended to Sept 5)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 24th, 2010 11:42 am
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2005
2343 posts
433 upvotes
creosole wrote: No HDMI. It has Displayport but with a $6-10 adapter you can use HDMI. The graphics that you pick will be determined by your application. What is the laptop for?
Home use, no games. Just wanted to watch movies on my TV via HDMI.
Mar 13, 2007
34 posts
1 upvote
So, while it's a great product, I've read some lenovo models are prone to be problematic/lemons. Is this true? I guess what I'm getting at is, would a 3 year warranty then be absolutely necessary when purchasing a lenovo?
Jun 18, 2010
533 posts
140 upvotes
GTA
MatB wrote: So, while it's a great product, I've read some lenovo models are prone to be problematic/lemons. Is this true? I guess what I'm getting at is, would a 3 year warranty then be absolutely necessary when purchasing a lenovo?

For the T and X series, you shouldn't be worried about it breaking on you.
Sep 2, 2010
186 posts
386 upvotes
MatB wrote: So, while it's a great product, I've read some lenovo models are prone to be problematic/lemons. Is this true? I guess what I'm getting at is, would a 3 year warranty then be absolutely necessary when purchasing a lenovo?

You have a certain period (I think 90 days) after you get your machine to purchase additional warranty at the normal price. Hopefully, you'd spot issues before then.
Sep 3, 2010
3 posts
Montreal
I finally ordered this configuration, way less ambitious :)

ThinkPad T510 - 1 Year Depot Topseller Warranty

Processor Intel Core i5-540M Processor (2.53GHz, 3MB L3, 1066MHz)
Operating system Genuine Windows 7 Professional (64 bit)
Operating system Language Genuine Windows 7 Professional 64 - English
Display type 15.6" HD+ (1600 x 900) 16:9 aspect Anti-Glare display with LED backlight and WWAN antenna
System graphics Intel HD Graphics
Total memory 4 GB PC3-8500 DDR3 SDRAM 1067MHz SODIMM Memory (2 DIMM)
Keyboard US English Keyboard
Pointing device UltraNav (TrackPoint and TouchPad) with Fingerprint Reader
Camera 2.0M Pixel Camera
Hard drive 500GB Hard Disk Drive, 7200rpm
Optical device DVD Recordable, Ultrabay Enhanced
System expansion slots Express Card Slot & 5 in 1 Card Slot
Battery 9 cell 2.8Ah Li-Ion Battery - Dual Mode
Power cord 65W AC Adapter; NA, LA, (2pin)
Bluetooth Integrated Bluetooth PAN 2
WiFi wireless LAN adapters Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 AGN
Language pack English US Publication

Subtotal: $1,883.00
Sale price: $1,573.00
[CAPREDFLAGDEALSEXCLUSIVE] -$550.55
Shipping and handling: $0.00
GST: $51.12
QST: $80.52

Estimated total: $1,154.09

Thank you again
Deal Addict
Jun 25, 2006
1768 posts
damn, just missed this by a few hours! Was Looking to get the SL510 primarily for the HDMI and 20% off.
Sep 2, 2010
186 posts
386 upvotes
paleo wrote: damn, just missed this by a few hours! Was Looking to get the SL510 primarily for the HDMI and 20% off.
I was mistaken about the sale coming back on the 6th but I know that, according to the sales rep, it will be coming back in a couple days so keep your head up.
Oct 13, 2007
54 posts
3 upvotes
Southern Ontario
creosole wrote: You have a certain period (I think 90 days) after you get your machine to purchase additional warranty at the normal price. Hopefully, you'd spot issues before then.

The additional warranty I think that has a 90 day limit is the Thinkpad Protection Plan(Spills or accidental damage).

The other manufacturer warranty can be added anytime AFAIK. But, you need to wait atleast a month to use the service. You can add either depot service or on site options. I would call Lenovo and ask to be sure though.

I ordered the TPP plan for a year and took the normal 1 year depot service. If my t410s that I got the last time this deal was around appears to be problematic over the first year I will upgrade the coverage down the road.
Sep 16, 2007
380 posts
65 upvotes
roxx wrote: The additional warranty I think that has a 90 day limit is the Thinkpad Protection Plan(Spills or accidental damage).

The other manufacturer warranty can be added anytime AFAIK. But, you need to wait atleast a month to use the service. You can add either depot service or on site options. I would call Lenovo and ask to be sure though.

I ordered the TPP plan for a year and took the normal 1 year depot service. If my t410s that I got the last time this deal was around appears to be problematic over the first year I will upgrade the coverage down the road.

Note that manufacturers charge you much more if you extend the warranty later. I have found that it is almost always much cheaper to buy the extended warranty at the time of notebook purchase. I always add 3 yr warranty, regardless of the notebook manufacturer. Notebooks tend to be fragile and due to their portable nature, prone to failures. I had a new Thinkpad fail on me within a month of purchase. A Dell Inspiron failed after 6 months. If I was smarter back then, I would have purchased the 3 yr Dell warranty at time of purchase (I ended up spending a lot by ugrading later).

Just FYI.
Deal Addict
Jun 25, 2006
1768 posts
Awesome, thanks for the hope! :)
creosole wrote: I was mistaken about the sale coming back on the 6th but I know that, according to the sales rep, it will be coming back in a couple days so keep your head up.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
31271 posts
17295 upvotes
Dammit.

I just missed it on Sept 1st so I didn't bother to look again.
Apparently I just missed the extension too. *facepalm*
Deal Addict
Jun 25, 2006
1768 posts
+1 lol, kept looking at the old thread and just saw this one a day late. Don't fret, hopefully the same sale is only days away again.
death_hawk wrote: Dammit.

Sep 16, 2007
380 posts
65 upvotes
death_hawk wrote: Dammit.

Another ray of hope. I want to point out that if you call a Lenovo sales rep. directly and tell them that you feel awful about missing this sale, they will be more than likely to oblige you - (a) usually, they are willing to make a sale and to make you happy, (b) Lenovo honors coupons at least a day after they are expired (then you can get a quote also), and (c) like all computer manufacturers, Lenovo too is in a competitive market (so they will be happy to oblige you). But, you must hurry. Although, also keep in mind, with the holiday season just around the corner, there will be plenty of these sales.
Apr 26, 2003
385 posts
14 upvotes
Toronto
Has anyone heard anything from a rep recently about the sale coming back?
Deal Addict
Jun 25, 2006
1768 posts
anyone know how Lenovo compares to Asus?
Jun 30, 2005
530 posts
Scarborough
How long did it take to ship the laptop for you guys?