Expired Hot Deals

[IBM] Lenovo T420 w SSD - off lease - $353

  • Last Updated:
  • Jun 20th, 2015 11:28 am
Tags:
[OP]
Member
Oct 23, 2009
374 posts
266 upvotes

[IBM] Lenovo T420 w SSD - off lease - $353

Deal Link:
Price:
$353
More offers from IBM
Off lease refurbed Thinkpad T420

Use coupon ibmepp to get $50 off at checkout.

i5-2520m
8GB RAM
120GB SSD (probably Intel, maybe an X-25, maybe a 520)
14" 1366x768 LCD
DVD-RW
Webcam
Win 7 Pro
free shipping
90 day warranty
30 replies
Sr. Member
Dec 20, 2003
505 posts
45 upvotes
will recommend to replace that SSD, old model and have been used for 2-3 year mean a high rate of failure.

My OCZ VERTEX 460 480GB just dead (less than one year) and I got replacement with 460A but a lot data lost.
Member
Jun 11, 2011
355 posts
92 upvotes
BURNABY
Come with the recovery discs? What if I want to re-install the system?

at both ends wrote: Off lease refurbed Thinkpad T420

Use coupon ibmepp to get $50 off at checkout.

i5-2520m
8GB RAM
120GB SSD (probably Intel, maybe an X-25, maybe a 520)
14" 1366x768 LCD
DVD-RW
Webcam
Win 7 Pro
free shipping
90 day warranty
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2007
1640 posts
235 upvotes
Quebec
Write the price in title, Thanks
Deal Expert
User avatar
Apr 16, 2001
15281 posts
1950 upvotes
Oshawa
yun555 wrote: will recommend to replace that SSD, old model and have been used for 2-3 year mean a high rate of failure.
My OCZ VERTEX 460 480GB just dead (less than one year) and I got replacement with 460A but a lot data lost.
That's because OCZ SSDs are rubbish. Intel SSDs are rock solid; 2-3 years is nothing.
Whenever someone asks a question that starts with "Why do they..." or "Why don't they...", the answer is always a) money, b) stupidity, or c) both.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Nov 13, 2013
889 posts
1678 upvotes
Kingston, ON
at both ends wrote: Off lease refurbed Thinkpad T420

Use coupon ibmepp to get $50 off at checkout.

i5-2520m
8GB RAM
120GB SSD (probably Intel, maybe an X-25, maybe a 520)
14" 1366x768 LCD
DVD-RW
Webcam
Win 7 Pro
free shipping
90 day warranty

nice post but its now OOS and the hard drive is HDD not SSD....I WISH it was SSD...
Deal Fanatic
Sep 5, 2002
6630 posts
962 upvotes
Do these come with better resolution screens?
Banned
User avatar
Jun 5, 2012
1418 posts
497 upvotes
been trying to get a refund from these guys for the past 2 weeks after returning it within the 7 days.

T440 models and under dont have any high res screens that i am aware of from the manufacture
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 30, 2009
2467 posts
469 upvotes
Ottawa
HRhater wrote: been trying to get a refund from these guys for the past 2 weeks after returning it within the 7 days.

T440 models and under dont have any high res screens that i am aware of from the manufacture
some T420 (higher models) come with 1600x900, which is more than enough for 14" screen
IT Services provider in Ottawa area.
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
12631 posts
3133 upvotes
VANCOUVER
ips1177 wrote: nice post but its now OOS and the hard drive is HDD not SSD....I WISH it was SSD...
The 120GB capacity was a dead giveaway. Aren't all SSDs 128/256/512...etc?
[OP]
Member
Oct 23, 2009
374 posts
266 upvotes
Sheesh. Nobody makes 120GB SSDs. Especially Intel.

The deal is, however, out of stock as noted above. Its worth checking back tomorrow because IBM often corrects inventory in the morning.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Mar 8, 2003
8797 posts
1173 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Rogido wrote: The 120GB capacity was a dead giveaway. Aren't all SSDs 128/256/512...etc?
i guess you also don't know 200/400/800 ssd
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2010
3985 posts
2448 upvotes
Burnaby
Rogido wrote: The 120GB capacity was a dead giveaway. Aren't all SSDs 128/256/512...etc?
The SSD raw capacity might be 128GB, but only 120GB are user accessible. The remaining 8GB are used by the controller for several tasks and as spare capacity (over provisioning space, I think they call it). Intel has some 120GB SSD models in the series 520 and 530, IIRC.

Top